Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by unprincess »

aw for flippin sake! I completely forgot about this! Will the Disney Channel reair the season 2 pilot before the next ep?
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I know I’ve said this before (probably several times), but this show is SO pretty.
I agree. The show is stunningly made. I love that style of animation they use! The season opener was a great start for the new season, I am really excited to discover more about the secret of the rocks. I'm glad they adressed it and made it a bit more clear where this season is going towards and how the mystery fits into the story.

I am really impressed by how well thought out the show has been from the start. I believe there was an interview at the start of the series where they stated that they had a clear goal about how many episodes and how many seasons there would be, and you can clearly see that the show has been well planned out.

I thought that Rapunzels jealousy towards Stallion was really funny. A great first episode, I can't wait for the next episodes!
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New short:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rDGWcCg70[/youtube]

Sotiris wrote:Listen to the new songs! They're so good!

• Next Stop: Anywhere!
• Next Stop: Anywhere! (Reprise)
• If I Could Take That Moment Back
Thanks Sotiris! I especially like the first, but yes, both are really good.

WillytheDino wrote:I thought that Rapunzels jealousy towards Stallion was really funny.
Me too, I loved that. And also that she decided to return and rescue Eugene. The whole episode/TV movie was great and I love that they're finally exploring the world outside Corona.

Disney's Divinity wrote:I liked the Stallion and hope she recurs. Does anyone know who her voice actor was? She sounded familiar.
She was voiced by Yvonne Strahovski. Here's a featurette where she appears. I also liked the character. I think she will return to take her revenge.

unprincess wrote:aw for flippin sake! I completely forgot about this! Will the Disney Channel reair the season 2 pilot before the next ep?
I don't know, but if they don't it's easy to find it online.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Synopsis for the next episodes:
July 2018 TV Schedule

The Return of Quaid (Sunday, July 01, 2018 8:00 AM)
When a new crime boss tries to rise to power in Vardaros, Rapunzel attempts to persuade an old lawman out of retirement to help save the day.
*Britt Robertson (ABC’s “For the People”) returns as the whip-smart, no-nonsense teenager Vex.

Goodbye and Goodwill (Sunday, July 08, 2018 8:00 AM)
Rapunzel plans to bring the Goodwill Festival to Vardaros, but when the locals respond more favorably to Cassandra’s ideas, Rapunzel becomes competitive.
*Britt Robertson (ABC’s “For the People”) returns as the whip-smart, no-nonsense teenager Vex.

Forest of No Return (Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:00 AM)
When the gang gets lost in the mysterious Forest of No Return, they must rely on the mysterious Adira as their guide.

Freebird (Sunday, July 22, 2018)
Rapunzel’s adventurous spirit leads the gang to a hidden corner of the woods where everyone is magically transformed into birds.
*Kathy Najimy (“Hocus Pocus”) guest stars as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.

Vigor the Visionary (Sunday, July 29, 2018)
When Rapunzel and Eugene visit a psychic monkey, his visions lead them on an adventure to find the family of their old friend and young thief, Angry.
*Emmy® Award winner and Academy Award® nominee Carol Kane (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”) guest stars as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/17529 ... v-schedule
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Kathy Najimy! Two episodes about forest adventures in a row.

So I guess the series’ name is permanently Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure now? I had thought it was just for the movie, but it’s used for the next episode, too. I had wondered if the series was doing well in the ratings considering it all but vanishes from the Disney channel as soon as each episode airs now, where they re-ran it constantly when the show first started. I wonder if the name change is an attempt to help with ratings, by reminding people that the show is about "Rapunzel" (the fairy tale)? I guess those stupid, vague adjective-titles finally came back to bite Disney.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:So I guess the series’ name is permanently Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure now? I had thought it was just for the movie, but it’s used for the next episode, too.
Yes, the new title seems to be permanent. At least for season 2, maybe they'll change it again for the last season.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder if the name change is an attempt to help with ratings, by reminding people that the show is about "Rapunzel" (the fairy tale)? I guess those stupid, vague adjective-titles finally came back to bite Disney.
Maybe that's why they've changed it, to include Rapunzel in it and attract more little girls.

Regarding the new episode synopsis, it also caught my attention that they've finally used the psychic monkey idea that was deleted from the film.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

D82 wrote:
unprincess wrote:aw for flippin sake! I completely forgot about this! Will the Disney Channel reair the season 2 pilot before the next ep?
I don't know, but if they don't it's easy to find it online.
yeah I finally saw it with Xfinity Demand but I prefer watching tv with my bedroom tv set and I only have XOD in the living room.

anyway I liked the opener and really like that nasty female antagonist Stallion. Im curious if they'll keep her a villain like Lady Cain(so far) or they'll try to redeem her.

also the new female ally forgot her name but her design bugs the hell out of me. Who thought Mulan's face with a rococo wig was a good design? Bleh! :P

oh and the upcoming eps sound neat. Magical forests? Transformation? Yesss!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I'm glad you could finally watch the episode.
unprincess wrote:anyway I liked the opener and really like that nasty female antagonist Stallion. Im curious if they'll keep her a villain like Lady Cain(so far) or they'll try to redeem her.
I hadn't thought of that last possibility. Well, she doesn't seem as bad as Lady Cain, for example, so maybe they'll redeem her.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

These new shorts seem to have been made for the first season. Why are they just releasing them now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^It's true. Maybe they weren't finished yet.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

How is this series? Is it like the animated feature or clearly aimed at a children's audience? I never saw any episodes, but I did listen to some of the songs on YouTube. I thought they were okay. The animation though is beautiful. :) I really like the art style they went with.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Another reference to Beauty and the Beast in a Tangled "short cuts".

Source: http://runningracingdancingchasing.tumb ... oofyholler
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I hadn't noticed that reference. There are a lot of homages to Disney films in this series.
Sicoe Vlad wrote:How is this series? Is it like the animated feature or clearly aimed at a children's audience? I never saw any episodes, but I did listen to some of the songs on YouTube. I thought they were okay. The animation though is beautiful. :) I really like the art style they went with.
It's not aimed only at children. I think the show is very well done, I totally recommend it. Maybe you can watch the series' pilot, "Tangled: Before Ever After", to see if you like it or not.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

I liked these first 3 episodes and how they formed one, bigger story about their time in Vardaros.
I really hope the overal plot of the rocks will move forward in one of the coming episodes, since I'm very curious to find out about that.
Sicoe Vlad wrote:How is this series? Is it like the animated feature or clearly aimed at a children's audience? I never saw any episodes, but I did listen to some of the songs on YouTube. I thought they were okay. The animation though is beautiful. :) I really like the art style they went with.
It's a kids show, but I, as a 27y old adult, enjoy it a lot. It has a lot of character growth and the characters aren't 1 dimensional at all. There are a couple of very strong episodes. My favorite of the first season was one of the last, the quest for Varian, in which the tower from the movie is destroyed and where it turns out the king is not honest with Rapunzel. I felt teary eyed when the tower was destroyed and really felt for Rapunzel in that one scene. It was beautifully done.

You can see that scene here and that moment is on 2:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TjwCWDwC8
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Another snub from the Primetime Emmys. Even though four songs from the series were eligible (Friendship Song, Listen Up, I've Got This, Let Me Make You Proud) none of them were nominated.
Disney's Divinity

I missed the last two episodes when they aired; finally caught up with them today. I didn’t miss much, tbh. They were both boring, and I didn't like that the plot with Adira and the rocks was put on pause. I’m glad Rapunzel and co. have finally moved on from Vardaros. I would've expected them to only be there in the opening movie/premiere. The episode where Rapunzel and Cassandra were competing over festivals reminded me of that ep from the first season where they competed against each other in some fighting tournament.

Actually, Cassandra hasn’t really been interesting in the new season so far. Hopefully she gets more to do soon.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

More episode titles:
Keeper of the Spire (5/8/18)
King Pascal (12/8/18)
There's Something About Hook Foot (19/8/18)
Happiness Is... (26/18/18)
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/10 ... 8948733952

Sotiris wrote:Another snub from the Primetime Emmys. Even though four songs from the series were eligible (Friendship Song, Listen Up, I've Got This, Let Me Make You Proud) none of them were nominated.
I can't believe they keep ignoring the songs from this show. "Let Me Make You Proud" or "I've Got This" should've been nominated. This time I'm not going to listen to the nominees to not get angrier, because they are usually quite inferior.

Disney's Divinity wrote:The episode where Rapunzel and Cassandra were competing over festivals reminded me of that ep from the first season where they competed against each other in some fighting tournament.
Yes, it was a very similar episode. However, I think I liked this one more. And I love seeing Rapunzel angry. She's usually in a good mood and kind to everybody, so seeing her losing her temper is very funny.
Disney's Divinity

I posted this in the Funko thread already, but I was wondering if I'm the only one who prefers this outfit for Flynnover his movie outfit?

The past episode was alright. I'm glad Adira was back anyway. I've wanted to catch up on Steven Universe the past couple of weeks, but like the Tangled series, it seems to rarely/never be airing.... :/ Hulu has the first 4 seasons, but not the 5th. I wonder why all these others shows on the Disney channel and Cartoon Network--shows I'm not interested in at all--get constantly re-run, but good shows like these get the shaft?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

There was a new song in the latest episode!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHWgW7b2NTQ

Also, Chris Sonnenburg answered a fan why the title of the show was changed:
Q: Why was Tangled the series renamed to Rapunzel’s Tangled adventure?

A: That’s a tough one. Basically it’s a way to bring in new viewers. Disney does things the way they do them.
There's more interesting info in these Q&A session recapitulations:
https://let-me-make-you-proud.tumblr.co ... with-chris
https://let-me-make-you-proud.tumblr.co ... -and-ricky
https://let-me-make-you-proud.tumblr.co ... with-chris