Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Disney Duster »

"Mommy, can I see what the floating lanterns look like?" "No, honey. First you gotta run 20 laps! You're getting kinda chubby." "Isn't that what Mother Gothel said to Ra-" "I said do 20 laps!!!"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ :lol: :lol:

You don't think they'd make an Enchanted Tales-type show with this art style, do you?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They made three Chibi: Tiny Tales for Tangled: The Series.

Chibi: Tiny Tales (compilation)

01. Goatee Don't
02. Lunar Lunacy
03. Hairpocalypse

They also made a Broken Karaoke featuring Pascal.

Broken Karaoke: Sidekicks
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"Nothing Left to Lose" has been nominated for an Emmy! The show received another nomination for Music Direction and Composition.
Outstanding Original Song for a Preschool, Children's or Animated Program

01. "Monster" from Adventure Time: Distant Lands — Obsidian
02. "Nothing Left to Lose" from Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
03. "Something in the Air" from Elena of Avalor
04. "Such a Beautiful Day" from Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe
05. "Suffragette City" from Animaniacs

Outstanding Music Direction and Composition for a Preschool, Children's or Animated Program

01. Animaniacs
02. Elena of Avalor
03. Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
04. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05. The Tom & Jerry Show
Source: https://theemmys.tv/day-48th-nomination ... lifestyle/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So you were right that that could happen this year! Fingers crossed it wins. I don't know the other nominees though to say if it's better than them right now though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ :lol: :lol:

You don't think they'd make an Enchanted Tales-type show with this art style, do you?
I never responded to this! Whoops! I don't think they will do that, myself.

I liked Lunar Lunacy!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Good for them, the songs is good so they deserve it.
Wondering why they didn't nominate Crossing the Line or Waiting in the Wings. They were also very good.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I remembered the show still had another chance at being nominated for best song, but I don't pay much attention to the Emmys, so I thought the awards had probably already taken place and no song had made the cut. I'm so glad "Nothing Left to Lose" was nominated! It's one of my favorite songs from the show. I hope Alan Menken wins his second competitive Emmy for it.
farerb wrote:Good for them, the songs is good so they deserve it.
Wondering why they didn't nominate Crossing the Line or Waiting in the Wings. They were also very good.
Wasn't "Waiting in the Wings" the song that won last year? I agree about "Crossing the Line", though. Although, between the two I prefer "Nothing Left to Lose", so I'm glad that's the one that was chosen.
Disney's Divinity

I've only come to like "Crossing the Line" more with time. For some reason, I thought that was the song that won last time and that "Nothing Left to Lose" was the one now because it came near the end of the season whereas CtL had been at the beginning. I still do prefer NLtL. But that opening music of CtL is sooo epic.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"Crossing the Line" was eligible last year, but wasn't submitted. Disney only submitted "Waiting in the Wings". Perhaps they thought that submitting more than one song would have split the vote and considered "Waiting in the Wings" the strongest of the two. Well, you can't argue with results, since the song did win, but I think there was a good chance of both songs getting nominated had they been submitted. Both were very strong and memorable, especially compared to the ones that got nominated last year. They could have easily had another nomination with "Crossing the Line". It was a mistake not submitting it, in my opinion. Anyway, "Nothing Left to Lose" was also the only song submitted from the series this year. Finger crossed, it wins!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:"Crossing the Line" was eligible last year, but wasn't submitted. Disney only submitted "Waiting in the Wings". Perhaps they thought that submitting more than one song would have split the vote and considered "Waiting in the Wings" the strongest of the two. Well, you can't argue with results, since the song did win, but I think there was a good chance of both songs getting nominated had they been submitted. Both were very strong and memorable, especially compared to the ones that got nominated last year. They could have easily had another nomination with "Crossing the Line". It was a mistake not submitting it, in my opinion. Anyway, "Nothing Left to Lose" was also the only song submitted from the series this year. Finger crossed, it wins!
Oh, OK. Thanks for the info. Yes, fingers crossed!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tangled lost in both categories it was nominated this year. It's a real shame "Nothing Left to Lose" lost when it was clearly the best song out of the nominated ones. The winning song was "Suffragette City" from Animaniacs.

https://twitter.com/DaytimeEmmys/status ... 4389154823
https://twitter.com/DaytimeEmmys/status ... 0821092356
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

What a shame. :( I've listened to the winner song and I don't understand how it received more votes than "Nothing Left to Lose". Maybe it's just that my taste is very different from that of the voters, but I wonder if it's a similar situation to the animation category at the Oscars and academy members just vote for the show they know or their children like and don't even listen to the songs. I'm not saying it just based on this years' winner; it's not the first time I'm surprised by their choice. I think we can be very happy "Waiting in the Wings" won last year and finally gave Alan Menken his EGOT, because winning an Emmy in this category is not easy.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I've listened to the winner song and I don't understand how it received more votes than "Nothing Left to Lose".
I listened to all of the nominated songs and "Nothing Left to Lose" was the best by far. However, from the moment the nominations were announced I knew "Suffragette City" was the one to beat for two reasons: 1) it's a comedic song and the Emmys tend to favor them over "straight" ones and 2) it had a political theme and I knew that would appeal to members who wanted to make a statement with their vote. If you think about it, no other song really stood a chance this year. It didn't matter that it was literally the worst one out of the bunch both in terms of composition and vocal performance. Animaniacs has had many great songs (well, at least the original did), but this was not one of them. Here's how I would rank this year's nominated songs:

01. Nothing Left to Lose
02. Monster
03. Something in the Air
04. Such a Beautiful Day
05. Suffragette City
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I didn't know the Emmys tended to favor comedic songs. And you're right; the political theme probably helped "Suffragette City". Its victory makes a bit more sense to me now, but I wish they valued the songs themselves more and the quality of their music and lyrics. I've listened to all the songs now as well and I agree "Suffragette City" was the worst one. I decided not to look at your ranking before making mine to not be influenced by it and curiously I ended up ranking them in the same order as you.
Disney's Divinity

I tried to listen to "Suffragette City" before, but every time I look up the song on YouTube, the video doesn't work for me. Not sure why. I was curious about it because from the title it sounds like something I'd like, plus Animaniacs was always funny or clever with their songs, too. I am sad for "Nothing Left to Lose," at the same time I'm not heartbroken since Menken's EGOT status isn't riding on how the awards turn out anymore. Although it's always nice to see the best win, we know that doesn't always happen. Nothing could ever top "I See the Light" losing to that horrid Randy Newman song. It's always be proof that name matters much more than the song itself.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I tried to listen to "Suffragette City" before, but every time I look up the song on YouTube, the video doesn't work for me. Not sure why.
I listened to it here. Here are also a couple of YouTube links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloHxTZCAdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgh6pWbvObE

If none of them work for you, you can at least read the lyrics here if you want: https://genius.com/Animaniacs-suffragette-city-lyrics
Disney's Divinity wrote:I was curious about it because from the title it sounds like something I'd like, plus Animaniacs was always funny or clever with their songs, too.
Well, it's not a bad song either; it just wasn't good enough to win, in my opinion.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I am sad for "Nothing Left to Lose," at the same time I'm not heartbroken since Menken's EGOT status isn't riding on how the awards turn out anymore.
I'm not as disappointed as other past times either for the same reason. Thankfully, he already got his EGOT status and nothing is going to change that.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I decided not to look at your ranking before making mine to not be influenced by it and curiously I ended up ranking them in the same order as you.
That just means you have good taste in music. :wink: :P
Disney's Divinity wrote:Nothing could ever top "I See the Light" losing to that horrid Randy Newman song. It's always be proof that name matters much more than the song itself.
That was indeed a hard pill to swallow. What came close to that for me was Randy Newman's "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" getting nominated for an Oscar over Menken's "Speechless". Absolutely mind-boggling.
D82 wrote:I'm not as disappointed as other past times either for the same reason. Thankfully, he already got his EGOT status and nothing is going to change that.
Well, Menken is only one Emmy and one Tony away from becoming a double EGOT winner, so him winning another Emmy with "Nothing Left to Lose" would have brought him closer to that achievement. He won't have another chance at an Emmy until the Beauty and the Beast series comes out in 2022 or 2023 and he would be competing for a Primetime Emmy then which is even more difficult to win than a Daytime one. I'm not counting Disenchanted because Disney will probably give it a limited theatrical release and submit it to the Oscars instead. Interestingly, Menken had a song eligible for this year's Primetime Emmys titled "Spoiler Alert" from the show Central Park, but it wasn't even submitted. At this point, he actually has more chances of winning another Tony than an Emmy with the upcoming Night at the Museum and Animal Farm stage musicals (or even with the eventual Hercules and Tangled stage adaptations).
Disney's Divinity

I think it's unlikely he will achieve EGOT x2 status, but who knows. God can make anything happen.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:That just means you have good taste in music. :wink: :P
:lol:
Sotiris wrote:Well, Menken is only one Emmy and one Tony away from becoming a double EGOT winner, so him winning another Emmy with "Nothing Left to Lose" would have brought him closer to that achievement. He won't have another chance at an Emmy until the Beauty and the Beast series comes out in 2022 or 2023 and he would be competing for a Primetime Emmy then which is even more difficult to win than a Daytime one. I'm not counting Disenchanted because Disney will probably give it a limited theatrical release and submit it to the Oscars instead. Interestingly, Menken had a song eligible for this year's Primetime Emmys titled "Spoiler Alert" from the show Central Park, but it wasn't even submitted. At this point, he actually has more chances of winning another Tony than an Emmy with the upcoming Night at the Museum and Animal Farm stage musicals (or even with the eventual Hercules and Tangled stage adaptations).
I didn't even think of the possibility of him becoming a double EGOT winner. I've seen that Robert Lopez is the only double EGOT winner so far. It would be great if Alan could achieve that too, but I would actually be happier if he won an Oscar again after so many years. I hope Disney gives Disenchanted a limited theatrical release as you said and the songs can compete at the Oscars. Although, he has more theatrical projects in the near future he could be nominated for like The Little Mermaid remake or Spellbound.

By the way, I didn't know Alan had written the song from that show. I don't think it's one of his best songs, but they should've submitted it anyway. Who knows, if the Animaniacs song won, maybe this one could've had a chance too.