Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Tangled TV Series in 2017

Post by Mooky »

It looks great... for a storybook. I have a feeling it's gonna be a nightmare to watch in motion, as it seems it's gonna follow the "Gravity Falls"/"Phineas and Ferb"/"7D"-style of limited animation with quick takes and cuts to other characters/actions.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

In some ways its better than the films generic plasticy CGI design, it has a concept art feel which is sorta nice. In other ways its very generic and typical of that tv flash animated look. I need to see more stills as well as scenes in motion to really judge.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Mooky wrote:It looks great... for a storybook. I have a feeling it's gonna be a nightmare to watch in motion, as it seems it's gonna follow the "Gravity Falls"/"Phineas and Ferb"/"7D"-style of limited animation with quick takes and cuts to other characters/actions.
Limited? Mooky, I've watched those three shows every now and then and I don't see how their animation is "limited."
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

Love it!

I think this might be quite good as far as Disney channel shows are concerned, mainly due to the talent involved. But almost everything on the Disney channel is a steaming pile of doo doo so it shouldn't be hard to be a stand out.
LADY Image CLUCK
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Mooky wrote:It looks great... for a storybook. I have a feeling it's gonna be a nightmare to watch in motion, as it seems it's gonna follow the "Gravity Falls"/"Phineas and Ferb"/"7D"-style of limited animation with quick takes and cuts to other characters/actions.
I personally wouldn't call the animation of Gravity Falls limited. I think that show has some of the best animation I've seen on a television budget. There's a lot of fluidity in that show, particularly with the Mabel character. It's why I kept hoping they would make a big screen movie out of it, because it's a very cinematic show (although with the announcement that the series is ending, that looks unlikely now).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I prefer the concept art, but this show isn't aimed at me anyway (since I don't watch the Disney Channel, I'm not the demo they're going for, and I didn't care for Tangled).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

Yeah, Gravity Falls has really some good animation, especially when the story intensifies (probably because the character designs are really simple and easy to animate smoothly). However, I don't have high hopes that Tangled's art style will look good in animation, since the character design almost looks too complex and shaded to animate fluidly for a TV show.

Plus, in comparison, I don't like the Lion Guard's animation. It looks like they reanimated corpses of Lion King characters, and I wouldn't be surprised if The Lion Guard and Tangled's crews had a bit of overlap.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I hope they release the sounctrack/songs on CD or iTunes at least, and the seasons on Blu-ray or a streaming service like Netflix. I don't have the Disney Channel.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Song lyrics:
Eugene/Rapunzel

This is life after happily ever after,

And our story has finally reached its end

Eugene

Settling down here

Rapunzel

Year upon year

Eugene

Contented and secure

Eugene/Rapunzel

And now that we’ve gotten the dream that we chose

Now that we’re in for the haul-

Now our adventures can come to a close

Living happily ever after, after all!

Rapunzel

Now that I’ve gotten that dream I chose

Why does my world feel so … small?

If this is it and it is, I suppose…

Is this happily ever after, after all?

Okay, no pressure. Just introducing myself to the most important people in the world. Representing my mom, dad, and the entire kingdom. We got this!
https://www.instagram.com/p/_HqlJpjXfd/
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

It'll be interesting to see the explanation for how she regrew her hair...
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Maybe Flynn has a fetish for the long hair.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mandy Moore attended the recent Tangled screening at The El Capitan and visited Disneyland with the crew of the Tangled TV show.
Another fan yelled a question for Mandy asking if she is making any new music. “Yes, I’m making new music and there’s new music in the Tangled TV series.” She also pointed to the balcony where the crew behind the upcoming Disney Channel series let out cheers of excitement for their project.
Source: http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles ... screening/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Its being listed on imdb as Tangled : Before Ever After....is this the official title ?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Atlantica wrote:Is this the official title?
Yes! Here's the logo:

Source: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneycha ... s/tangled/
Zabrina McIntyre
Production Coordinator for "Tangled: Before Ever After"
Disney Television Animation
September 2015 – Present (7 months)
Source: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zmcintyre
Katie Mattila is an Annie Award nominated television writer. She has written for Nickelodeon's 100 Things to Do Before High School, Harvey Beaks, The Legend of Korra, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness and Avatar: The Last Airbender. She is currently a staff writer on the upcoming Disney series Tangled: Before Ever After.
Source: http://www.katiemattila.com/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

You've got to be kidding me! So that's the actual title?

And just as I thought Disney couldn't get any weirder :P (Just ignore my snarky remark, I don't despise it with a burning passion. It's just funny and odd)
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Honestly, it seems like a decent subtitle to me. It works well for a series that's supposed to be taking place between the original film and the short.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think thats a lovely title, explains what it is :)

I hope this will be available to buy on iTunes a la Sofia the First etc, or there won't be any way for me to watch it !

And yeah I also wonder what they will do about her hair ... will it even be acknowledged I wonder ? Wouldn't put it past Disney !
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

WHOA :o :o :o
Also announced was the series’ voice cast, which is incredibly impressive. It’s already been announced that Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi will reprise their roles from the film, but we now know that Jeffrey Tambor and Paul F. Tompkins will also reprise their roles as Big Nose and Shorty, two of the Snuggly Duckling pub thugs. Additionally, M.C. Gainey will be the Captain of the Guards one more.

Joining these returning favorites are Ashley Judd as Rapunzel’s mother Queen Arianna; Broadway star Eden Espinosa as Rapunzel’s handmaiden and confidant, Cassandra; comedian Jeff Ross as Hook Hand’s brother Hook Foot; Richard Kind as Uncle Monty; Sean Hayes, as Pete the Guard; Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor; Clancy Brown as Rapunzel’s father King Frederic; Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as blacksmith Xavier; Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard; Charles Halford as Pub Thug Vladimir; Steve Blum as Pub Thug Attila Buckethead; James Monroe Iglehart as Eugene’s friend Lance Strongbow; Jeremy Jordan as teen alchemist Varian; and Jonathan Banks as Quirin, Varian’s father. That’s right: get ready for brand new pub thugs.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/20 ... C389317690
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:WHOA :o :o :o
Also announced was the series’ voice cast, which is incredibly impressive. It’s already been announced that Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi will reprise their roles from the film, but we now know that Jeffrey Tambor and Paul F. Tompkins will also reprise their roles as Big Nose and Shorty, two of the Snuggly Duckling pub thugs. Additionally, M.C. Gainey will be the Captain of the Guards one more.

Joining these returning favorites are Ashley Judd as Rapunzel’s mother Queen Arianna; Broadway star Eden Espinosa as Rapunzel’s handmaiden and confidant, Cassandra; comedian Jeff Ross as Hook Hand’s brother Hook Foot; Richard Kind as Uncle Monty; Sean Hayes, as Pete the Guard; Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor; Clancy Brown as Rapunzel’s father King Frederic; Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as blacksmith Xavier; Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard; Charles Halford as Pub Thug Vladimir; Steve Blum as Pub Thug Attila Buckethead; James Monroe Iglehart as Eugene’s friend Lance Strongbow; Jeremy Jordan as teen alchemist Varian; and Jonathan Banks as Quirin, Varian’s father. That’s right: get ready for brand new pub thugs.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/20 ... C389317690
This is awesome.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

....and yet still no hair explanation ????