DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Descendants
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
We all know the famous Disney Villains – but what about their kids? (I know, stay with me here.)

Disney has announced a new Disney Channel original movie called “Descendants” following the teenage lives of the Villains’ children. It sounds a bit like Disney’s take on “Monster High.” Except this movie will be live action, directed by Kenny Ortega of “High School Musical” fame.

Casting has already began for “Descendants,” with Disney calling it a “live-action adventure-comedy that taps into Disney’s most evil villains and introduces their children—a modern-day generation of teenagers who ultimately question the evil that’s always been in their hearts.”

Disney goes on to describe the movie:

The film takes place in a present-day idyllic kingdom, where the benevolent teenaged son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle from Disney’s iconic Beauty and the Beast) is poised to take the throne. His first proclamation: offer a chance at redemption to the trouble-making spawn of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen and Jafar who have been imprisoned on a forbidden island with all the other villains, sidekicks, evil step-mothers and step-sisters. These villainous descendants (Carlos, Mal, Evvie and Jay, respectively) are allowed into the kingdom to attend prep school alongside the offspring of iconic Disney heroes including Fairy Godmother, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel and Mulan. However, the evil teens face a dilemma. Should they follow in their nefarious parents’ footsteps and help all the villains regain power, or embrace their innate goodness and save the kingdom?

“Descendants” will begin production next year and will debut in 2015.

This is going to be really good or really bad. :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:02 pm 
Collector's Edition

I'm all about giving more exposure to the Disney Villains, if only for the merchandise that comes along with it. This sounds...interesting. Like it could be the worst thing ever or it could be pretty cool. I guess it all depends on how it's done. (I wonder if they'll approach Jonathan Freeman to play Jafar? I'd watch it just for that if they did!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney ripping off again. First Littlest Pet Shops and My Little Pony, now Monster High/Ever After High/every single deviantart disney fangirl ever. All for the sake of a cash-in...

I'd only watch this for the villains and if any of the Gang gets an appearance. NOT interested in the princesses' whelps parading around in teenage drama.

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Damn it.

I'm going to be a moth to the flame.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

It sounds like every other awful Disney Channel movie but with Disney characters. :huh:

thedisneyspirit wrote:
Disney ripping off again. First Littlest Pet Shops and My Little Pony, now Monster High/Ever After High/every single deviantart disney fangirl ever.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm 
Platinum Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:
Damn it.

I'm going to be a moth to the flame.

This. This sounds Interesting, Cheesy, Fun, and Repulsive at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

This sounds intriguing. It's too soon for me to decide it's bad or good. I think the villains are the main reason any of us would give it a shot. The offspring of these villains had to go through therapy or something. The kid of Cruella could say my mom liked a bunch of dogs with spots more than me and called me a filthy white rat when I was born :P

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:14 am 
Collector's Edition

Sotiris wrote:
It sounds like every other awful Disney Channel movie but with Disney characters. :huh:

thedisneyspirit wrote:
Disney ripping off again. First Littlest Pet Shops and My Little Pony, now Monster High/Ever After High/every single deviantart disney fangirl ever.

:lol:

I can see the crossovers with Ever After High and Once Upon a Time already. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:58 am 
Limited Edition

Sounds interesting. But come on no Ursula? Or Hades? Or Yzma??! Their kids would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:54 am 
Limited Edition

Jay wrote:
Sounds interesting. But come on no Ursula?

Daaaamn straight

I should write them a letter and fix this asap, Ursula's daughter should be in there.

:excellent:

Anyways this sounds delightful because it sounds like Fan- Fiction, hopefully a well-written one, coming sort- of, in a way, reality.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:00 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:45 am 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Quote:
This is going to be really good or really bad. :o
I think I'm going to go ahead and rule out really good

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:17 am 
Collector's Edition

This has the potential to be good. I just hope they find really good actors for the main characters (and their parents). How awesome would it be if Paige O'Hara was cast as adult Belle?

However, there is one issue I have. Belle and Beast are from France. Jafar/Aladdin/Jasmine are from Agrabah (Roughly Persia/India). Aurora/Maleficent are from England/Italy. Snow White/Charming/Evil Queen are from Germany. Cruella is from London, England. Mulan is from China. WHY would all of these kids be going to school together and WHY would all of these people be living under the rule of Belle and Beast? Not to mention they are all from different time periods.

Is this supposed to be like House of Mouse? Or maybe it's like Once Upon a Time, but the characters in that show aren't really the same characters as the ones from the animated movies (just look at Rapunzel, she looks totally different). However, from the announcement it seems these are supposed to be the children of the villains from the actual Disney movies. The logo even has a Disney 'D'.

Also, I assume they're bringing back Melody for this. It would be weird if they ignore her and introduce another character as Ariel and Eric's child. I know the article doesn't mention their child, but since Ariel is one of the most well known Disney characters it would make sense to introduce one of their children and a lot of fans already know Melody.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jay wrote:
Sounds interesting. But come on no Ursula? Or Hades? Or Yzma??! Their kids would be hilarious.

They could still be in it, not just mentioned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:32 am 
Collector's Edition

I can totally picture the Queen of Hearts having a daughter called the Princess of Diamonds. She'd be a rich b***h who everyone blindly obeys.

And for some reason, I picture Jay as the Jesse St. James of the group. (Not that I watch Glee that much, but he was my favorite character.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 pm 
Gold Collection

When I saw this news yesterday on my FB feed, I'll admit it.. I squealed. I am SO excited that Disney is finally realizing we want villains! (And I'm a sucker for the whole 'offspring' thing too...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:39 pm 
Platinum Edition

Also, seeing the topic title, I instantly thought of the George Clooney movie "The Descendants"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'd rather see this movie done in animation and not live action

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:13 am 
Platinum Edition

I...ashamedly admit I wanna see this.

supertalies wrote:
Aurora/Maleficent are from England/Italy.

Some people have made good arguments for it being England, some people for it being Germany, and some people for it being France. Medieval times of course. And where did you get Italy from?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:12 am 
Limited Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
I'd rather see this movie done in animation and not live action

Same here :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next