DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
New info about the songs.

That's good to hear! I'm most looking forward to the "Christopher Robin" song out of the three. It sounds like the most heartfelt one and I'm a sucker for those kind of songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

• Another clip.

• And new featurettes:

disneyprincess11 wrote:
According to Richard in the video interview, Pooh sings both songs in the movie

Yes, that's what he said. I was surprised too when I read that they are performed by Richard in the film, but that info must be from a press release, so I guess it's true. Maybe what he meant is that they're written as if Pooh sang them. I like that he has been chosen to perform them, but I'm a bit disappointed that only one song is in the actual film and the rest are played during the end credits.

Sotiris wrote:
I'm most looking forward to the "Christopher Robin" song out of the three. It sounds like the most heartfelt one and I'm a sucker for those kind of songs.

Sounds like that song is probably going to be the best one, but I'm also really looking forward to "Busy Doing Nothing". The concept is clever and it seems it'll be a cheerful song with witty lyrics in the style of "Up, Down and Touch the Ground" or "Rumbly in My Tumbly" which are two of my favorites from the first Winnie the Pooh film.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Richard Sherman sings part of the songs "Busy Doing Nothing" and "Christopher Robin" in this B-roll video!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLNwTQz4wP8

And new clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDk9Q4xzy6Y

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So disappointed that there is no voice B-roll. But, ugh seeing Jim doing Pooh is nothing but spectacular! And seeing Richard performing his music is magical. Can't wait to hear Jim's versions!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

• Domestic character posters: https://twitter.com/moviefone/status/10 ... 9722327048

• New promos:

• And interview with Brad Garrett, the voice of Eeyore: https://insidethemagic.net/2018/07/inte ... ign=buffer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

• New clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttmyp6-rFc

• And interview with Ewan McGregor and Hayley Atwell: http://collider.com/ewan-mcgregor-hayle ... her-robin/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Could this be real or is it fake like The Lion King track list?

Source: https://twitter.com/Jairohc98/status/10 ... 5077201920

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quite possibly, but I can't find the source. If true, it's absoutlely wonderful they have classic Pooh songs, but it's confusing and a disappointment that it doesn't sound like Jim isn't doing the new songs after all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

• More details about the songs:

Quote:
    While working on the film, director Marc Forster reached out to the surviving member of the Sherman Bros. who created so many of the Disney classics for the original film. He discussed what it was like to pitch the idea to a living legend, “If I could get one song out of Richard Sherman, it’d be such a blessing for the movie. So I call him up and send him the script. I said ‘…at the beginning when they say goodbye, they can sing a little song for him before Eeyore does a little poem.’ So he calls me up and tells me he’s going to play the song for me. I have it on speaker, I’m in the car driving back from the set. He’s in his house playing from his piano and singing for me into his phone. First I get goosebumps, then I start crying. At the end, he plays a second song, and then a third song and a fourth. I’m literally in tears in the car and I said, ‘Richard, this is beautiful. Wait, wait I didn’t record this can you please sing it again’. I had to record it, its the most beautiful heartbreaking thing, him on the piano.”
    Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/featur ... e-the-pooh

• And more new articles and videos:

By the way, the movie has been screened for bloggers and all the reactions I've read on Twitter have been positive. However, the actual reviews from film critics won't be out until this Thursday, one day before the release. Usually, the embargo for Disney movies doesn't lift so close to the day of release. Are they expecting bad reviews?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:08 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Just found the soundtrack via iTunes in the UK. Indeed, the one and only song in the movie is the Goodbye Song and Richard's other songs are in the credits. Such a bizarre use of Richard and a potential waste of Jim Cummings's talents.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

You can also listen to the soundtrack on Spotify.

And here's a new clip.

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Indeed, the one and only song in the movie is the Goodbye Song and Richard's other songs are in the credits. Such a bizarre use of Richard and a potential waste of Jim Cummings's talents.

At least Jim Cummings sings in "Goodbye, Farewell", but yes, it's such a shame the other two songs aren't sung in the actual movie too. I like all three, but the best one is "Christopher Robin". It's so sincere and beautiful. I hope the fourth song the director talked about is among the Blu-ray extras.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:45 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
At least Jim Cummings sings in "Goodbye, Farewell", but yes, it's such a shame the other two songs aren't sung in the actual movie too.

Particularly the song "Busy Doing Nothing" which only works as an in-movie song, not an end credits one. I find it so bizarre they didn't hire an actual singer for the end credit songs. What's up with that? I love Richard but he was never a singer and his voice has gotten progressively worse with age. It's one thing to include his demos on the soundtrack, it's a whole another to have him perform them at the end of the actual movie. Not to mention that this hurts any award chances the songs might have had.

D82 wrote:
I like all three, but the best one is "Christopher Robin". It's so sincere and beautiful. I hope the fourth song the director talked about is among the Blu-ray extras.

"Christopher Robin" is my favorite one too. I really hope the fourth one is released in some form or capacity though I'm not holding my breath. We're talking about Disney here after all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Particularly the song "Busy Doing Nothing" which only works as an in-movie song, not an end credits one.

I completely agree. Well, the following words by the film's director might explain why there's only one song in the actual film:

Quote:
How was the experience of getting original songs from Richard Sherman?

FORSTER: I’m such an admirer of all the Sherman brothers and of the legacy with the work they’ve done. It’s extraordinary. I thought that if I could get one song out of Richard Sherman, who’s 90 years old, I’d be blessed. So, I called him up and said, “Look, Richard, I’m sending you a script.” He called me back and said, “I read the script. Fantastic piece. I’m gonna write you something.” I said, “I just want one song.” He said, “Okay.” At the beginning, when he says goodbye, they sing a little song for him, before Eeyore does his little poem. Then, he called me back, a couple days later, and he said, “All right, I’m gonna play the song for you.” I had it on speaker phone while in the car, driving back from the set. He was at his house, playing the piano and singing for me, into his phone, and I got goosebumps. I started crying. And then, he played a second song and a third song. I said, “How many songs did you write?” It was just so beautiful. The other two songs, I didn’t even have a place for, so I came up with the idea to do the beach scene, and stick a piano on the beach, and have him play the song and sing it.
Source: http://collider.com/marc-forster-interv ... her-robin/

I guess the scene with Richard playing the piano on the beach he talks about is part of the end credits. And he now says Richard played three songs for him instead of four.

Sotiris wrote:
I find it so bizarre they didn't hire an actual singer for the end credit songs. What's up with that? I love Richard but he was never a singer and his voice has gotten progressively worse with age. It's one thing to include his demos on the soundtrack, it's a whole another to have him perform them at the end of the actual movie. Not to mention that this hurts any award chances the songs might have had.

I like the feeling he puts into his singing and the homage it means to let his voice appear in the film, but I have to agree with all that too.

By the way, as I feared, the reviews aren't as glowing as we would have hoped, though currently the movie is still "fresh" on Rotten Tomatoes with a 61% rating: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/christopher_robin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Richard Sherman sings "Busy Doing Nothing" on camera in a mid-credits scene and I thought it was a very sweet gesture on the filmmakers' part. It always brings a smile to my face seeing Sherman perform at the piano.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

^Thanks for the info. Yes, it's a nice gesture. I'm glad he also appears in it and not just his voice.

Disney has released a lyric video of the song "Goodbye, Farewell": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV-FzcnNcOA

And here are more videos:
Jim Cummings Gets Totally Nostalgic with 4 Stories Behind 4 Fan-Favorite Characters
Ewan McGregor and Hayley Atwell Draw Characters From Disney's Christopher Robin
See all the sweet moments from the #ChristopherRobin premiere

Last edited by D82 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Anyone seeing it soon? I'm seeing it tomorrow morning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

Goodbye, Farewell is very reminiscent of another song by Richard Sherman called On Our Merry Way. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Goodbye, Farewell is very reminiscent of another song by Richard Sherman called On Our Merry Way. :shock:

It's true, they are very similar! However, I like "Goodbye, Farewell" more. Well, artists do this sometimes. After all, self-plagiarism is not penalized (as far as I know).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

I just came back from seeing this. This is honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen. I had "all the feels." I cried often, I laughed often. I thought it was the perfect movie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

My best friend loved Christopher Robin, but i have such a mixed reaction.

The first hour was very disappointing. It was really depressing, slow and dull. Like seeing the war and seeing Christopher Robin do work? It’s fine for adults, but it's boring for kids. And yes, we do need to see WWII in Winnie the Pooh for some reason. The first half and hour is just sad. Watching Pooh waiting for Christopher Robin was hard, but in a good way b/c it did the job. Having Pooh not find his friends and yell out HELLO ANYONE HERE was heart-wrenching in a bad way. Above all, I can’t believe what a huge dislikable guy Christopher Robin was to him! He was good at first and then he started to snapping and even screaming at him! And kiss and embrace your daughter while you are at it! Christopher was so unlikable in general. Pooh was the saving grace in the first hour.

I appreciate what Disney was trying to do, but it was pretty hard to watch when Pooh is such a innocent character and feels bad about himself after Christopher screams at him and when CR is so sweet and close to him throughout other Pooh movies and shows. Like compare their "Forever" duet and how Christopher treats Pooh in the first hour. I wouldn’t say they ruined the character of Christopher Robin, but what Disney did was painful.

The second hour was wonderful and that's because the movie literally changes the mood and Christopher Robin 180 like out of nowhere. He gets a revelation through a weird nightmare when he almost drowns and gets eaten by a Hufflewomp, again that's needed. But when the other Pooh characters came, the movie had that wonderful nostalgic joy I was expecting. It seems like I was in a different movie. All of the iconic Pooh friends are just as sweet and great as they were in my childhood…..even though Eeyore was suicidal when he came back in the movie (see the new clip) But, the scene when he realizes that it's Christopher was so sweet and heartwarming.

Pooh is, of course, the real star of the movie and they nailed him. He stole every single scene he was in. Just delightful as always. And surprise: Jim does indeed sing the stretching and Tigger songs and they were glorious!! :D :D :D I hope to gosh that there’s a miracle and the Academy or Golden Globes nominate Jim Cummings for Best Supporting Actor because my gosh, what a special and warm performance. Like a sundae after dinner.

Overall, 6/10. And stay for the credits for the Richard scene. Trust me. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next