Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:But that one site says Kristin Anderson-Lopez was going to be Kanga.
It's the same site which later updated their report. IMDb lists Okonedo as Kanga too. Kristin must have been too busy with Frozen on Broadway and Frozen 2 to reprise her role.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New details emerged!
In the film, Christopher Robin, played by Ewan McGregor, has grown up and lost his sense of imagination. Winnie the Pooh re-emerges in Christopher Robin’s life to help him find it again. The film takes place in 1940s London when Christopher returns home from World War II. Christopher works for a luggage company. Though going through a troubling time, Christopher decides to help Pooh find his way back to the Hundred Acre Wood and find the rest of his friends. The majority of the film is set in the Hundred Acre Woods, however the film does take us to London a handful of times. Hayley Atwell and Ewan McGregor are motion captured during the beginning to make them look younger.

The Hundred Acre Wood appears to have been shot in Ashford Forest in Sussex, England, the real-world location where the Winnie the Pooh books are set. As for the Hundred Acre Wood characters, they are all normal-sized stuffed animals, who talk and move around. Pooh and the gang retain their iconic looks we’ve come to know and love, with a hint of the classic designs from author A.A. Milne’s books. Pooh has his red shirt, Roo has blue shirt, and Piglet has his classic green sweater with a red scarf. The only exceptions are Owl and Rabbit, who are actual living, breathing animals, as opposed to toys.
Source: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... 4705222657
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Interesting info. It looks like it's Christopher Robin who goes to the world of Winnie the Pooh instead of the other way around, and I'm glad about that. From the description, it also seems that the Hundred Acre Wood characters will be CGI. Something I've been wondering since the project was announced is whether they mean Christopher Robin is the real one (A. A. Milne's son) or just the character from the book.

By the way, according to this site the teaser trailer will be released next week alongside A Wrinkle in Time.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

At least they got right that Owl and Rabbit were never stuffed animals.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Nothing screams ‘Winnie The Pooh’ like an adult Christopher Robin with a post traumatic stress disorder from WW2...

Fun?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

D82 wrote:Something I've been wondering since the project was announced is whether they mean Christopher Robin is the real one (A. A. Milne's son) or just the character from the book.
Probably the character from the book. The real Christopher Robin disliked Winnie the Pooh as he grew older and got bullied in school over the books, plus he felt he was exploited to help his father sell the books (this is depicted in the recent movie "Goodbye Christopher Robin").

Christopher Robin was also in his mid '20s, when World War II ended. Ewan McGregor is 46.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

estefan wrote:
D82 wrote:Something I've been wondering since the project was announced is whether they mean Christopher Robin is the real one (A. A. Milne's son) or just the character from the book.
Probably the character from the book. The real Christopher Robin disliked Winnie the Pooh as he grew older and got bullied in school over the books, plus he felt he was exploited to help his father sell the books (this is depicted in the recent movie "Goodbye Christopher Robin").

Christopher Robin was also in his mid '20s, when World War II ended. Ewan McGregor is 46.
Agreed. As pointed out, the real Christopher Robin's story wouldn't fare well for a Disney film. Actually that's true for most children's authors that Disney made films of like Lewis Carroll, J.M. Barrie, Kenneth Grahame, etc. P.L. Travers may have actually have had the most family friendly story.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

estefan wrote:

OK, thanks for the answer. Yes, he's most likely just the character from the book then, and I actually prefer that. I don't know why, but at first I thought this film would be similar to Saving Mr. Banks, though mixed with a bit of fantasy, but now I see that's not the case. I haven't seen Goodbye Christopher Robin yet, but I want to do it. I'll be interesting to know more about A. A. Milne and his relationship with his son.
JeanGreyForever wrote:Agreed. As pointed out, the real Christopher Robin's story wouldn't fare well for a Disney film. Actually that's true for most children's authors that Disney made films of like Lewis Carroll, J.M. Barrie, Kenneth Grahame, etc. P.L. Travers may have actually have had the most family friendly story.
I remember reading about P. L. Travers and her relationship with her adoptive son after watching Saving Mr. Banks and it wasn't too good either, so I can't imagine how bad the other children's authors stories were.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I saw Goodbye, Christopher Robin two days ago actually. While I was watching it, I couldn't help thinking of it as part 1 to this, but, yeah, I think the Christopher Robin in this will be based on the character, not the person.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
estefan wrote: Probably the character from the book. The real Christopher Robin disliked Winnie the Pooh as he grew older and got bullied in school over the books, plus he felt he was exploited to help his father sell the books (this is depicted in the recent movie "Goodbye Christopher Robin").

OK, thanks for the answer. Yes, he's most likely just the character from the book then, and I actually prefer that. I don't know why, but at first I thought this film would be similar to Saving Mr. Banks, though mixed with a bit of fantasy, but now I see that's not the case. I haven't seen Goodbye Christopher Robin yet, but I want to do it. I'll be interesting to know more about A. A. Milne and his relationship with his son.
JeanGreyForever wrote:Agreed. As pointed out, the real Christopher Robin's story wouldn't fare well for a Disney film. Actually that's true for most children's authors that Disney made films of like Lewis Carroll, J.M. Barrie, Kenneth Grahame, etc. P.L. Travers may have actually have had the most family friendly story.
I remember reading about P. L. Travers and her relationship with her adoptive son after watching Saving Mr. Banks and it wasn't too good either, so I can't imagine how bad the other children's authors stories were.
Goodbye Christopher Robin is like Finding Neverland: a feel-good Hollywood movie that adheres mostly to fiction with a sprinkling of fact thrown in occasionally. The reviews I heard were terrible anyway, accuracy aside.

Yeah even with the issues with her adopted son, Travers still had a pretty picture perfect life compared to the rest.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Yeah even with the issues with her adopted son, Travers still had a pretty picture perfect life compared to the rest.
Well, yes, it's true. I had heard something about James Barrie and Lewis Carroll's stories, but I didn't know anything about Kenneth Grahame. I've read a bit about his life and about his son and you're right, it's quite tragic.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Yeah even with the issues with her adopted son, Travers still had a pretty picture perfect life compared to the rest.
Didn't she mock Robert Sherman for limping and called him ableist slurs?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:
Didn't she mock Robert Sherman for limping and called him ableist slurs?
I meant that her life wasn't filled with tragedies the way other children's authors' lives were. We might say today that Travers must have been a pretty miserable person if she acted that with with Robert Sherman, but I doubt she'd reciprocate the feeling.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Teaser poster.

rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

This is absurdly cute
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The poster might be the only thing I do like of this film.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The teaser trailer will be released tomorrow.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

This movie isn't one I'm personally excited for, but it might turn out good. It's a wait and see movie for me.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The poster itself is really cute. The tag line on the teaser poster had an unintended effect of making me feel like this could've just as easily have been a horror film though, lol.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Now this. This is fantastic. Lost it when I heard Jim Cummings

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/971067950114357248