Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That would be fantastic.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I'll be very pleased if this turns out to be true.
Disney Film Facts wrote:For those who don’t know, Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman has written 3 original songs for the upcoming film Christopher Robin.
Source: https://twitter.com/disneyfilmfacts/sta ... 2216241152
It seems it's true! According to this blog, producer Kristin Burr revealed it at an event Disney recently held for social media moms.
During Kristin Burr’s presentation, we also learned that legendary songwriter Richard M. Sherman, who will will turn 90 this year, will write original songs for Christopher Robin. There will be 3 new songs and Kristin Burr says she loved Ewan McGregor’s performance in Moulin Rouge, so when asked, she said she would love to have him sing in the film, though there’s nothing confirmed.
I'm really happy for Richard Sherman. Now I'm more excited for the film than before.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:It seems it's true! According to this blog, producer Kristin Burr revealed it at an event Disney recently held for social media moms.
Thanks for the confirmation! I'm so glad Richard Sherman is writing new songs, especially after he wasn't brought on for Mary Poppins Returns. My excitement for this movie has definitely increased now!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

More details about the film from the "Disney Social Media Moms Celebration" event, including a description of the beginning of the movie:
The movie opens on a scene in the 100 acres wood. A young Christopher Robin is saying his goodbyes to his beloved Pooh because Christopher is being sent away to boarding school. Through sincere tearful goodbyes Christopher promises Pooh that he will never forget him and his 100 acres wood friends. Then we cut to London in the 1950s post WW2. Christopher Robin is all grown up (played by the talented Ewan McGregor). Christopher is now wrapped up in a stressful career in a filing company. He continually choses work over his family and sternness over whimsy. His life is collapsing around him because he has lost sight of what is important. He has forgotten the wisdom the 100 acre woods had given him. He broke his promise. He forgot Pooh. (Do you feel your tender heartstring pulled yet? Oh, it gets even better!) As Christopher Robins life is unraveling, he retreats to a park bench. He rests his face into his hand and whispers desperately, “What to do, What to do, What to do!”. The film music pauses and you hear a familiar voice (Jim Cummings – the original voice of Pooh.) respond, “What to do indeed!” Pooh is back! He is just as cuddly and lovable as we remember. The movie is life action. Disney somehow still captured the quinticential furriness and cuteness of all the 100 acre woods characters. The whole gang comes back.

Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger, step out of the forest and venture into London to return Christopher’s lost briefcase…because best friends will always be there for you. Aside from saving Christopher Robins job, they help him in the most valuable way. Pooh and the gang help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside. (literal tears you guys!). I’ll leave you with a few Pooh words of wisdom “Doing nothing often leads to the very best something.”
Source: https://www.megforit.com/category/disney-blog/
It’s an original Disney movie that picks up on the fact that Christopher Robin left for school and never kept his promise to come back to Pooh. Pooh is in a forest dimly lit and as Christopher Robin prepares his own daughter for boarding school he comes across some drawings of Winnie the Pooh he had made in his childhood. As Christopher Robin begins to grasp onto old feelings of love for his stuffed pal, in a forest many miles away Pooh begins to take color and come back to life. By this point there was NO stopping the flood of tears streaming down both sides of my face!! I was a total wreck.

Christopher Robin is all grown up with a daughter of his own and has no time to play anymore. His life is focused on work and at this point finding a way not to lose his job. He has little to no time left to play with his daughter and it seems that he is very far from the Christopher Robin we loved as a child. In the heartwarming live action adventure, the young boy who embarked on countless adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with his band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
Source: http://3decades3kids.net/blog/2018/03/c ... in-disney/
Now grown up, Christopher Robin is stuck in a job where he is overworked, underpaid and facing an uncertain future. He has a family of his own, but his work has become his life, leaving little time for his wife and daughter. Christopher has all but forgotten his idyllic childhood spent with a simple-minded, honey-loving stuffed bear and his friends.

But when he is reunited with Winnie-the-Pooh, now tattered and soiled from years of hugs and play, their friendship is rekindled, reminding Christopher of the endless days of childlike wonder and make believe that defined his youth, when doing nothing was considered the very best something.

Following an unfortunate mishap with Christopher Robin’s briefcase, Pooh and the rest of the gang including Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger, step out of the forest and venture into London to return the crucial possessions…because best friends will always be there for you.
Source: https://whisperedinspirations.com/chris ... n-trailer/
The Hundred Acre Wood was a place where Christopher Robin imagined visiting his stuffed animal friends and had many adventures. In the new movie, the tables are turned. His friends have become lost and Winnie the Pooh has set out to find them. With his classic dry wit and humor, Pooh finds Christopher Robin out in the real world and asks him to join in search. All our favorite characters come to life in the new film; Tigger, Eeyore, Kanga and Roo, and Rabbit. Christopher even finds himself in battle with the infamous Heffalump. What will Christopher Robin find when he joins his pals once again? Is there still a bit of childhood dreams left in him? In all of us?
Source: http://wagonpilot.com/christopher-robin-movie/
There are original songs, but they don’t include Ewan McGregor singing apparently.

A couple of other tidbits they shared about the film based on people’s questions included that the film is not remotely based on the real Christopher Robin. This is a fictional story made up for this movie’s purposes. And we will get to see pretty much all of the Winnie the Pooh characters in the film including Piglet, Rabbit, Eyeore, Tigger, Kanga, Roo, and more! We saw photos of them and you guys, they’re so cute!
Source: https://www.playpartyplan.com/winnie-the-pooh-quotes/
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Since we are talking about Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh, is there a chance that Milne could have written more books about the bear if he had wanted? Quote from an article about Milne and his son:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201601 ... -pooh-bear
"He was given the fan letters that children wrote to him and would laboriously pen responses with his nanny’s help. Many photographs were taken of him with his father, and also alone. When he was seven, he participated in audio recordings that were done of the books – exploitation, his cousin later said, that showed “the unacceptable face of Pooh-dom”. The next year, Christopher performed before 350 guests at a party, reciting parts of the books and singing the song The Friend. In 1929, he acted in a pageant based on the stories.

It was around then that Milne decided to stop writing children’s books. He felt it was time he “said goodbye to all that” in order to change literary direction once more, something he’d been so adept at in the past. But a large part of the reason, he wrote, was also his “amazement and disgust” at his child’s outsized fame.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New still from this article.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

D82 wrote:New still from this article.
Love that still!
I’m so super excited for this movie. It looks to be really good. :)
Disney's Divinity

That's such an adorable picture, D82, thanks for posting it!

I wonder at what point they might start showing images of the rest of the WtP cast?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^No problem. :) Yes, it's a nice picture. At first I wasn't convinced about the film, but every new piece of info makes me more excited about it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That new still is indeed cute. I'm also warming up to the movie with more information and material coming in.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jim Cummings talks about voicing Winnie in the film.
Q: How is Pooh different in Christopher Robin?

Jim Cummings: He’s more sedate. Pooh is not as bodacious as he usually is. It’s a different setting. It’s in London in the 40s. Pooh looks into Christopher’s eyes and so despite how much Christopher Walken has changed, wait not Christopher Walken, Christopher Robin I mean.

Q: That would be cool though, Christopher Walken as an old Christopher Robin.

Jim Cummings: Haha, yes! I think Winnie would notice a change with him that time. But Winnie still sees Christopher Robin as the same friend he spent all that time in the Hundred Acre Woods with, the friend that he has always knew, it’s quite a emotional story but Pooh does still have most of the same qualities that he has had in the past.

Q: In the upcoming Christopher Robin film, Chris O’Dowd will be voicing Tigger, what were your thoughts on his performance given that you have voiced the character in the past?

Jim Cummings: Chris O’Dowd as Tigger...hmmm. Wait, actually I can’t talk about that at the moment.

Q: Ah, understood, you never know where the Disney spies are hiding.

Jim Cummings: Haha, yeah.
Source: https://discussingfilm.wordpress.com/20 ... exclusive/

Covers for the book tie-ins.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Robi ... 982519487/

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Robi ... 368025889/

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Robi ... 368025897/

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Wood-Medita ... 368026966/

The Japanese teaser trailer has been released and although it doesn't feature any new footage it's interesting to see how they edited it for the local market.

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks for posting all of that, Sotiris! Those book covers are nice. I wonder if there will be some hand-drawn animation in the style of these illustrations with captions from the Japanese teaser. Maybe for the end credits? It also surprised me that Jim Cummings says he can't talk about Chris O’Dowd's performance as Tigger. If he had been asked about Tigger's role in the film, I understand he wouldn't be allowed to reveal much, but he was just asked what he thought about his performance.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I wonder if there will be some hand-drawn animation in the style of these illustrations with captions from the Japanese teaser. Maybe for the end credits?
That would be amazing! I sincerely hope they'll do that though I'm not holding my breath. Maybe they'll have static illustrations but I doubt they'll be animated. Disney always goes with the cheapest option available.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Maybe they'll have static illustrations but I doubt they'll be animated.
Yeah, that's more likely.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

And here’s Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger!

https://twitter.com/disneyfilmfacts/sta ... 29152?s=21
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tigger here looks more like his early design instead of the one in the original film (minus the hair).

Source: http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2017/09 ... igger.html
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

They look better than I thought they would. Also, more similar to the animated versions than to the real toys, and I'm glad about that.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote:Tigger here looks more like his early design instead of the one in the original film (minus the hair).

Source: http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2017/09 ... igger.html
Thanks for posting that. I've always wanted to see what Disney's earlier take on Tigger looked like. However, if you were saying that the Tigger in the new live-action movie resembles this shot, then I don't agree with that. I think he looks very similar to the Tigger that Disney ended up going with.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

The characters look good so far.