Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

Post by disneyprincess11 »

So so glad (several media reports just broke the news) that Jim Cummings ended up voicing Tigger after all. I wondered what happened to the other actor. I knew from the voice that it couldn't be anyone, but Jim's. Brad is spot-on and Piglet sounds so stink' cute.

My gosh, could this be the best Disney remake? I'm already highly emotional from this. Disney is really delivering this year.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It's a cute trailer though I'm still not sold on the character designs, the animation (particularly Winnie's), and Brad Garrett as the voice of Eeyore.

According to Disney Film Facts, Chris O'Dowd was replaced after audiences at test screenings reacted negatively to his voice and/or performance. Update: More details have surfaced as to why Chris O'Dowd was replaced.
We discovered that Chris O’Dowd’s performance as Tigger was not met with well praise at test screenings. Multiple sources who heard the original O’Dowd voice all described it as inconsistent. First of all, O’Dowd’s Tigger sounded a little more like he was British. Piglet in the film speaks with a British accent, so this is not totally inconsistent. However, his voice would fluctuate from being low to high quite often. Secondly, sources described his voice to being almost too “clown” like. Lastly, test audiences did not seem convinced that O’Dowd had a specifc interpretation down for the role. One of our sources went as far to say that he/she could identify all the characters voices as sounding accurate to the Disney versions blindfolded except Tigger. Even though he/she said that they were open to new interpretations, the voice first came off as a “British Jester” instead of Tigger. Additionally, O’Dowd’s Tigger didn’t use any of the trademark character sounds or phrases. This could have also upset test audiences considering how Disney accurate the other characters are.
Source: https://discussingfilm.wordpress.com/20 ... exclusive/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

This article contains a couple of new stills: http://collider.com/new-christopher-rob ... er/#poster

I liked the trailer. The movie looks really charming and I loved Winnie the Pooh's last line in it. It turns out the synopsis about Christopher Robin going to the Hundred Acre Wood and the one about the stuffed animals venturing into our world were both true. Well, it was reported recently, but now it's confirmed.

Regarding the look of the characters, Tigger looks better now in motion, though I wish he had a stronger color like the original one. And maybe it's because I got used to it, but I don't dislike Winnie the Pooh's appearance as much as before. The only character I don't like now is Rabbit, he looks more similar to the March Hare from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland than to the animated version of the character.

I've enjoyed everything with Winnie the Pooh that Disney has done over the years. Well, I haven't seen the TV series with puppets or the CGI one with a little girl, but I like everything else: the original film, the 2011 one, the TV series from the 90s, and even the DTV sequels and the TV specials. And I think that's mainly because the characters are great. If here they respect their personalities and the story is more or less good, I guess I'll enjoy it too.

disneyprincess11 wrote:So so glad (several media reports just broke the news) that Jim Cummings ended up voicing Tigger after all. I wondered what happened to the other actor. I knew from the voice that it couldn't be anyone, but Jim's.
I'm glad Jim Cummings ended up voicing Tigger too. I guess that's why he said he couldn't talk about it, when he was asked what his thoughts on Chris O'Dowd's performance were.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:though I'm still not sold on the character designs
Me neither, yet despite this, they're still similar to their original designs.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

that trailer basically has me sold. looking forward to seeing it, but whether that will be at the cinema or wait for dvd release, i dont know.

brad garrett sounds good as eeyore, and so so glad jim cummings is tigger.
big kid at heart
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yes, very glad Cummings will be Tigger's voice here.

I liked the trailer, especially that line at the end. "People always say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all the time." I'm not sure how well this will do though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New image of Piglet announcing that the release is just 2 months away: https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1003382706569347073

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm not sure how well this will do though.
I was wondering the same the other day. Will this be a success or a flop like Winnie the Pooh? It will probably appeal more to adults than the 2011 classic and it stars Ewan McGregor, but I don't know if it'll be able to perform better than Pete's Dragon or A Wrinkle in Time.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oooh I loved the trailer! The characters are so cute and the movie looks so charming! Hey, does anyone feel like Eeyore is kind of like Grumpy Cat?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's so cute. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I must say I like everything about it...save its main protagonist .. Pooh looks as if he is on acid. Somewhere around that hundred acre forest there's a mushroom patch with his name on it...he's lost his cuddly appeal..shame..
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Good news.
Q: I have just one question about Disney’s Christopher Robin. Will we hear the iconic “Winnie the Pooh” theme song in the movie?

Disney Film Facts: Yes.
Source: https://twitter.com/disneyfilmfacts/sta ... 5234336768
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I'm glad to hear that.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Richard Sherman has confirmed the “Winnie the Pooh” theme song will be in the film:
In an LA Times article about the Academy’s upcoming tribute to the Sherman Brothers, it is revealed that Richard Sherman has three new songs in the upcoming Disney film Christopher Robin. The Disney Legend said, “Three new songs and one reprise of an old song — the title song. Original musical and lyrics. I’m still writing, still working.”
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... d-sherman/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^That's great news. Shame they didn't let him write the songs for Mary Poppins Returns.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Shame they didn't let him write the songs for Mary Poppins Returns.
Yes, it's a shame.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

The new trailer was certainly better and it actually looks rather charming, so I might actually see this. But I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about it. :)
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New TV spot.

'Christopher Robin' Director on Bringing Back the Iconic Voice of Winnie the Pooh (Exclusive)
https://www.etonline.com/christopher-ro ... sive-97788
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Nearly lost it when Richard Sherman showed up in the featurette. That hit me!

And I just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfh163 ... e=youtu.be