Frozen on Broadway

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen: The Broadway Musical

Post by Disney Duster »

I like the chorus of the song but not much else. There's also no such thing as mansplaining.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Disney Duster wrote:There's also no such thing as mansplaining.
Google it, because you don't know what you're talking about (as per usual).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:There's also no such thing as mansplaining.
I think this is generally something that the male sex is still oblivious to. I do believe the term can be overused and isn't always applicable, but it really does exist and is a problem that women face in their day to day lives.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think it's just that everyone explains things to other people that those other people already know.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:I think it's just that everyone explains things to other people that those other people already know.
Men have a strong tendency to do this. I used to think it was just men with power, but I've noticed in a university setting too, that many college guys do this. I suppose most males do think they were born with power over the "weaker sex," so it's not that much of a surprise.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok. The word is real. But is not used correctly most of the time, probably. There needs to be condension or patronizement in order for it to be the true definition. I didn't hear that from Kristoff.
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote:Ok. The word is real. But is not used correctly most of the time, probably. There needs to be condension or patronizement in order for it to be the true definition. I didn't hear that from Kristoff.
Well, gee, that must be why I was the one who posted it. I couldn’t care less what you hear or don’t hear when it's my opinion I'm giving. Unlike you, I know the meaning of the word. :roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The song "Dangerous to Dream" from Frozen: The Broadway Musical is now available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Napster, and Tidal.

You can watch the lyric video on YouTube and read an interview with the songwriters about the song on USA Today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

This is by far my favorite of the three.

Off-topic, but I wanted to say, Sotiris, that I agree with Jules, blackcauldron85, and PatrickvD in the Lookin' Good thread that the site owes a great deal to you. I'd say the forum might've died already without your regular posts of news, info, and the like. But, even besides that, I enjoy reading what you have to say, too. :) :thumb:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Thank you! Image I do what I can. I love our little community here. I'm always looking forward to your posts too! Image
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, I don't know how great this forum would be without Sotiris. Not as much as it is.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Sotiris, that I agree with Jules, blackcauldron85, and PatrickvD in the Lookin' Good thread that the site owes a great deal to you. I'd say the forum might've died already without your regular posts of news, info, and the like.
:up: :up: :up: :up:
This forum was my replacement after they closed the Laughing Place one. The day its gone will be a sad day especially with so many being replaced by useless social media style sites.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Is it horrible that I think I enjoyed “Dangerous to Dream” more than almost all of the songs from the original film?
Disney's Divinity

RyGuy wrote:Is it horrible that I think I enjoyed “Dangerous to Dream” more than almost all of the songs from the original film?
No, everyone has different tastes. :lol:

It is very good, imo. I wouldn’t put it above LIG or DYWBaS? myself. I'd say it's nearly tied with FtFTiF and its reprise for me, but I like that song more than most people. I just find Kristen Bell’s voice to be very pretty and the combo of her and Idina at the end of both songs gives me an eargasm. I wonder if the fact that I like Anna where a lot of people find her annoying might have something to do with it, too.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Can somebody please tell me there's been a release date announced for the cast recording??
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Off-topic, but I wanted to say, Sotiris, that I agree with Jules, blackcauldron85, and PatrickvD in the Lookin' Good thread that the site owes a great deal to you. I'd say the forum might've died already without your regular posts of news, info, and the like. But, even besides that, I enjoy reading what you have to say, too. :) :thumb:
I subscribe to every word you said. The main reason I started to follow this forum is because I saw that this was the place with the most updated Disney news, some of which weren’t found anywhere else. And that’s mainly thanks to you, Sotiris. I really appreciate all your work and I admire that you keep doing it just the same as before, even though the number of people who participate has decreased. I also have to say that this forum would’ve disappeared too, or at least it would be far less lively, without members who comment on those news almost daily like you Disney's Divinity or now also JeanGreyForever, and with interesting opinions. By that I don’t mean that the contributions of people that post less frequently are any less important, of course not. But you are also a great part of what keeps this forum afloat. And I hope it doesn’t die anytime soon. (fingers crossed)

About the new songs released, I also think that the last one is probably the best so far.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

DisneyJedi wrote:Can somebody please tell me there's been a release date announced for the cast recording??
On June 22, 2018

https://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Broadway- ... rds=Disney
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow "Dangerous to Dream" is a good song. I would also agree it's the best one yet.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The song "True Love" from Frozen: The Broadway Musical is now available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Napster, and Tidal.

The accoustic version of "True Love" from Frozen: The Broadway Musical is also available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Napster, and Tidal.

You can watch the music video and the making-of featurette on YouTube and read an interview with the songwriters about the song on Vulture.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

As much as I liked the first three, True Love is ridiculously better than those. Patti Murin took the musical and went home with it. I'd pay just to see her perform this