Monsters at Work

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Monsters at Work

Post by Sotiris »

Disney is developing an animated TV show based on Pixar's Monsters, Inc. property for its new streaming service set to launch in late 2019. It's not known yet whether the series will be in CG or 2D nor if it will be produced by Pixar, Disney Television Animation (like Buzz Lightyear of Star Command) or a third-party studio.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Monsters Inc. (TV Series)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I wonder if it'll be based on the side characters or Mike and Sulley themselves. I'm excited for this one though if it's done well. I actually liked Monsters University, so perhaps my standard isn't very high.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

It will probably focus on Mike and Sully.

I for one like to see where this will go.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Wonder if it'll be anything like Ahhhhhhh real monsters!.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

My heart is so happy omg. Please let it be based on the sequel
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Please let it be based on the sequel
Do you mean the Circle 7 sequel? I don't think Pixar will allow them to do that.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

So this will get a TV series after all. I would prefer a story that focuses on the sons and/or daughters of the Monsters Inc./University characters and how they fit in with a world that doesn't need scaring anymore. That has strong potential for some really well done episodes. :D
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

They should do something like the Muppet Babies with Sully, Mike, and Randall as 3 year-olds. Maybe have Roz as their preschool/kindergarten teacher. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Re: Monsters, Inc. (TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

The TV series based on Monsters, Inc. will be produced by Disney Television Animation and will be CG. The decision to have DTVA produce a CG series instead of Pixar is odd and counterproductive since the animation of DTVA shows is always outsourced and will undoubtedly be of lower quality than Pixar's. There's the danger of the subpar animation hurting Pixar's reputation since people will reasonably mistake this for a Pixar production. Not to mention, Pixar has readily available materials based on the property such as character models, environments, props etc. which would have made the production faster and easier.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I wonder if the characters will look different/be stylized (new "Ducktales" or "101 Dalmatian Street" (both 2D, I know, but I just mean the characters have been redesigned from the originals)), so using the original models wouldn't be necessary...?
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I would imagine it would look more or less the same. Think The Penguins of Madagascar or Monsters Vs. Aliens The Series.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I wonder if the characters will look different/be stylized so using the original models wouldn't be necessary...?
Maybe the series will be more of a spin-off so we'd get mostly new characters.
Sotiris

Re: Monsters at Work

Post by Sotiris »

The TV series titled "Monsters at Work" will be set six months after the original movie. You can find more information in the press release.
Disney+, the forthcoming streaming platform designed to rival Netflix, is getting the Monsters, Inc. gang back together — and inviting some new friends to the party.

Monsters at Work, the upcoming animated spinoff set to debut in 2020 on Disney+, is officially welcoming back original voice cast stars John Goodman (Sulley) and Billy Crystal (Mike Wazowski). They will be joined by members of the original voice cast John Ratzenberger (Yeti), Jennifer Tilly (Celia) and Bob Peterson (Roz), as well as franchise newcomers Ben Feldman (Superstore), Kelly Marie Tran (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Henry Winkler (Barry), Lucas Neff (Raising Hope), Alanna Ubach (Coco), Stephen Stanton (Star Wars Resistance) and Aisha Tyler (Archer).

Monsters at Work picks up six months after the original movie with the power plant at its center now harvesting the laughter of children to fuel the city of Monstropolis. The series follows Tylor Tuskmon (Feldman), an eager and talented mechanic on the Monsters, Inc. Facilities Team who dreams of working on the Laugh Floor alongside Mike and Sulley.

Tran will voice Val Little, Tylor's lifelong friend and confidante; Winkler will give life to Fritz, the scatterbrained boss; Neff will voice Duncan, an opportunistic plumber; Ubach is Cutter, the officious rule follower; Stanton is Smitty and Needleman, the bumbling custodial team; and Tyler voices Tylor's mom, Millie Tuskmon.

Monsters at Work is produced by Disney Television Animation and was developed and exec produced by Bobs Gannaway (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), with Ferrell Barron on board to produce. Kat Good and Rob Gibbs direct.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... es-1200367
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

It's good to know Kelly Marie Tran is still being offered acting work given all the crap that she's gone through with the online abuse she received for Rose.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I would imagine it would look more or less the same. Think The Penguins of Madagascar or Monsters Vs. Aliens The Series.
I would be shocked if it looks the same. penguins had simple designs. Monsters inc has a lot of characters with loose fur. They are likely going to aim for something that lets them avoid that, so they can just imply the fur rather than go all out with it. Maybe it'll be something like Disney infinity.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Tristy wrote:It's good to know Kelly Marie Tran is still being offered acting work given all the crap that she's gone through with the online abuse she received for Rose.
And it was all for no good reason.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm surprised (and glad) that John Goodman and Billy Crystal are reprising their roles in the series. I wonder how big their roles will be though, because it seems the story is now centered on the new character voiced by Ben Feldman.

According to this other article Roz will have a twin sister in the show:
Roz has a twin sister!

That’s right. There’s two of them. Bob Peterson will return as Roze, twin sister to his original Monster’s, Inc. character, Roz.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

What's the point of that? It seem redundant and makes Roz less unique.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Anything is bound to improve upon Monsters University...worst sequel since Cars 2...lazy execution from start to finish. Real glad they chose to include the original voice talent for this though...we'll see...I don't have my hopes up
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »