DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Descendants 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 pm 
Platinum Edition

The director talks about a potential second sequel. A third installment is inevitable with the ratings the sequel has garnered.

Quote:
As for the outcome of the battle, Ortega acknowledges that it certainly leaves the door open for a third movie, though he’s not one to get ahead of himself.

“Every once in a while, I think about new characters,” he admits. “Or I think about the characters we already have and what their next journeys might be. But none of us are really thinking about a third movie right now. We don’t want to jump the gun. We’re waiting to see how the fans respond.”
Source: http://tvline.com/2017/07/21/descendant ... interview/

Quote:
People’s Choice chatted with Descendants director Kenny Ortega to find out whether the Disney Channel franchise could continue beyond the upcoming sequel, and what it would take to get a third movie underway.

“We think that we can continue on,” Ortega told us about a possible third film ahead of the sequel’s premiere. “Certainly, our writers and the Disney Channel all feel that we still have more stories that we can tell and that there is an evolution that we can continue, but it comes down to the fans. The fans for the last couple of years have been incredible on social media letting us know that they want more.”
Source: http://peopleschoice.com/2017/07/18/des ... t-on-fans/

Quote:
Ortega — who revealed Descendants 3 is definite possibility as long as fans want it — opened up about who he’d like to see in the next installment.

“I would like Miley [Cyrus] to come back and I would like Vanessa [Hudgens] to come back,” said Ortega who also directed the High School Musical movies. “How about the Jonas Brothers could all come back and be our Lost Boys? I’m a big fan of so many of the artists that have come out of the channel and have gone on to have great careers, those that I’ve had an opportunity to work with and those that I haven’t had an opportunity to work with.”
Source: http://peopleschoice.com/2017/07/19/des ... ird-movie/

Quote:
Asked if there might be a third movie, Ortega is hopeful.

"I'm now a social media guy thanks to Disney, and so I get ... lots of ideas for movie 3 (from fans) who haven't even seen 2 yet," he said. "The cast did an exceptional job, the look of the movie is terrific, and I'm betting on our fans wanting another. And you can bet on me saying yes if (Disney) wants it. We have the time of our lives."
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/ ... es-1022839

Quote:
Q: Let’s talk about Descendants 2. I have not seen it yet, so no spoilers, but I can assume it will be a trilogy, correct?

Kenny Ortega: Well, you know what? That really is up to the fans. I’ve learned that you can wish all you want, but really what it is it’s whether they connect and whether they want it. We’ve been very, very lucky. High School Musical, they wanted it. Descendants, they have made it so clear that they want 2 and, honestly, 2 hasn’t even premiered yet, and they’re already saying they want 3. I think we’re in good shape. I think there’s a chance that we can keep this going. We all want to. We’re having a real good time.

Q: You’ve already brought in so many Disney characters to life far in this series, is there one that you’re just dying to bring in for, if it happens, Descendants 3?

Kenny Ortega: Well, I’m so satisfied with the characters that we have. I’ve been so invested at just making sure that I’m doing everything I can to guide them and steer them in a real good direction as we’re developing these new heritage characters that I haven’t thought that far out front yet. My gosh, there are so many. I’m just so thrilled that we got Cruella De Vil’s son and Captain Hook’s son. I wouldn’t mind The Lost Boys. Yeah, maybe someone from Pinocchio.
Source: http://hellogiggles.com/kenny-ortega-dcom-interview/

Post subject: Re: Descendants 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

The cast talks about and shares wishes for Descendants 3.

Quote:
"Descendants is so great and I really loved playing Uma. I really hope that in the future, since I know this is not the last time you’re going to see the VKs, I really hope that I’m involved," China exclusively said to J-14.
Source: http://www.j-14.com/posts/is-descendant ... ing-137362

Quote:
Doherty is relaxed about the future. He may be doing another season of The Lodge, and “hopefully a Descendants 3".
Source: http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts_ents ... film_star/

Quote:
While there's yet to be an official word about a third movie, it's clear that many fans and the cast members are wishing upon a star for it to happen. Cameron even has a pitch for Disney Channel for what would happen.

"I want the barrier to come down on the Isle so the parents come to Aurodon and we have an epic duel between the kids and the parents," he said. "That would be ideal. That's my dream."
Source: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/cameron ... growing-up

Quote:
Q: How does it feel to be moving on from Disney?

Cameron Boyce: I’ve been around the Disney Channel for 7 years, so this has been on the horizon for a while. And even now I can’t say for sure that I’m out after the uproar from Descendants fans insisting on a Descendants 3, so I could be in for one last ride after all.
Source: http://www.vulkanmagazine.com/cameron-boyce/

Quote:
Q: What can you tell us about a possible “Descendants 3?”

Sofia Carson: You know what, the whole cast would love for that to happen. I think it’s up to the fans, to see their reaction, if they love the second film as much we do, hopefully they’ll be a third.

Q: What would you want to happen for your character, Evie?

Sofia Carson: You know what, I’ve thought a lot about this and I wonder if maybe we see a little bit of bad in Evie for a second. It might be cool. But, we’ll see.
Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/sofia-carson-tal ... es-2584006

Quote:
Q: I know so many people around the world want to know: Is there’s going to be a Descendents 3?

Sofia Carson: Hopefully. The cast has a group chat and we’re always texting each other like ‘have you heard?’, ‘have you heard?’. We haven’t’ heard. Have you heard Whoopi?

Whoopi Goldberg: I have not heard but it is quite possible.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eoLdAPG22w

Quote:
Q: Do you want to see Descendants 3 happen?

Dove Cameron: Oh yeah! I want to see Descendants 3, 4, 5, 6. All of it. Bring it on! Bring them on!
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1bfPkQckq0

Quote:
Q: Do you think there will be a Descendants 3?

Dove Cameron: We hope!

Cameron Boyce: I don’t see why we can’t make 10 movies.

Dove Cameron: The cast are very passionate about making sequels because they are just so fun.

Cameron Boyce: Maybe not 10 though! We wouldn’t be Descendants anymore, we would then have our own Descendants! Descendants of the Descendants!

Dove Cameron: I think we should do a 3 and a 4 – then we should tap out.
Source: http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/dove-cam ... 4221608882

Quote:
Cameron Boyce: I think for Carlos specifically…I think he’s grown a lot. I picture him in the third movie as the guy with like 18 computers all of a sudden and he’s doing all of the planning. I picture Carlos just as a really pivotal part of the group and a component that can’t be replaced in the group because in the first and sort of in the second movie as well, he’s sort of a step behind. But he’s a smart kid and he figures things out.

Dove Cameron: I would like to see Mal really, truly claim, not Maleficent’s right and not whoever her father’s right is, as whatever position they had, but I would really like to see her fledge herself out as an individual and unlock this weird, limitless, chosen-one power that she has through being the most evil’s daughter and then whoever else was put together, because I really do think that’s an incredible combination; to take the power of the most evil person but then the heart of a good human and couple those two things together. I want her to become her own individual and I don’t really care about the love story. It’s a beautiful thing, and it adds to it and I love romance, but I really would love to see her kind of Mulan her way in the third film and just become this amazing, limitless entity.

Booboo Stewart: I do think there’s a lot to explore. I would love to see our parents again. I think that would be very, very, very cool. I think that would create a lot of drama there with our parents seeing us again.

Sofia Carson: Evie of the four VKs, Evie and Carlos, was never really that mean. Her evil characteristic was being vain. You’ve never really seen a wicked side of Evie. So, I don’t know if in Descendants 3 something happens like she either goes under some spell or someone spells her and we see a truly wicked side of Evie. Like if she becomes villainous and she’s poisoning apples for real.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gArWi-H_qjc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 am 
Platinum Edition

I haven’t read the books (while glancing through the Descendants threads, I read someone say that the book—books?—are better than the movies), but it would be neat if they included Facilier and Hans. Hopefully the Ursula/Hook/Gaston kids will be back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:39 pm 
Limited Edition

did anyone see the hints at Hades and Frollo in the 2nd film?(yes I saw it, my niece wanted me to.) :P
Id love to see Hades' kid. Maybe there's an Underworld in this universe and the Aurodon and IOL kids have to travel down there to rescue someone.

Boom! there's your plot for the 3rd film, Mr. Ortega! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
A third installment is inevitable with the ratings the sequel has garnered.

Not a big whoop, unfortunately :cry:

Quote:
“I would like Miley [Cyrus] to come back and I would like Vanessa [Hudgens] to come back,” said Ortega who also directed the High School Musical movies. “How about the Jonas Brothers could all come back and be our Lost Boys? I’m a big fan of so many of the artists that have come out of the channel and have gone on to have great careers, those that I’ve had an opportunity to work with and those that I haven’t had an opportunity to work with.”

Hell no! To include them would've been the ultimate Disney blasphemy! Since they've belonged in the quite promoted and overexposed prime era of the Disney Channel (and when several fans were claiming that Disney promoted the DC franchises more than they did with their animated feature division, and tarnishing Disney's name), it would've been a complete salt to the injury to have them! We could at least be relieved that Descendants were never made at that time, since it would've been ripped to pieces by fanboys back then! If they've should've have those actors from that time, why not actually having the cast from Wizards of Waverly Place who were overall more likable and at least could've act more decently?

And btw, pardon my initial swearing, but I couldn't help to not exclaim this concern.

Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 pm 
Platinum Edition

unprincess wrote:
did anyone see the hints at Hades and Frollo in the 2nd film?

I didn't see the hints. What were they?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 pm 
Limited Edition

^You know what? I was in the middle of writing an answer for you & just realized that I got the 2nd movie mixed up with the Descendants Wicked World shorts, the Hades/Frollo hints happen in one of the shorts from season 2 I think, the one were they fight Yzma's kid.

anyway

its just 2 of the characters(i cant even remember who now)enters some kind of building and they are looking through a whole bunch of objects. One of them opens a cabinet and there's a Greek/Roman style bust of Hades in it, then the other girl pulls out a medieval looking hat that looks like Frollo's from a chest and puts it on.

So maybe they are hints we'll get kids of Hades and Frollo in future shorts?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

Oh ok. Yea maybe they will be in the short. Or even the movies. Who knows.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:21 am 
Platinum Edition

Descendants 3’ A Go For Disney Channel In 2019; Original Cast, Director & Writers Return
https://deadline.com/2018/02/descendant ... 202292322/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

A teaser trailer has been released. Filming is set to begin on May 16th in Vancouver.

They will be introducing Mal's dad! :shock: It's odd that Mal will be the only villain kid with two parents. What about the rest of them? Which male Disney villain do you think will be her father? I vote for Chernabog but I doubt it will happen! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

The official social media accounts for Descendants posted this image.

Source: https://twitter.com/descendants/status/ ... 6856993794

I think at least one offspring from the villains pictured here will be introduced in the third movie. I'm excluding Facilier and Yzma because their kids were already introduced in the animated series. I'm also excluding Hans because Disney's very protective of the Frozen brand and with Frozen 2 debuting in the same year as Descendants 3, they wouldn't want this taking attention away from the theatrical sequel.

I would like to see Hades' kid and Madam Mim's kid the most. The kids of Medusa and the Queen of Hearts would also be an interesting choice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Madame Medusa and The Queen of Hearts for me. Stromboli as a close third.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Sotiris wrote:
I would like to see Hades' kid and Madam Mim's kid the most.

These were my first choices, too. I enjoy when they practically genderbend the original villain, so a crazy teenage boy Mim would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
Limited Edition

either Hades or Queen of Hearts as it could lead them to explore the Underworld or Wonderland...

we'll probably get at least 3 new villain kids and one will prob be Uma again since she seemed to be set up to return at the end of the 2nd film.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney posted another image.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbZvWCFYzE/

Since Ariel/Eric already have Melody, I doubt it'll be them. I'd be cool to see Melody as a teenager. Rapunzel/Eugene have a daughter named Ruby in the animated series Wicked World though she never appeared onscreen. I would like to see Aladdin/Jasmine's kid and Tiana/Naveen's kid the most.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's just been announced that Sarah Jeffery will be reprising her role as Audrey, the daughter of Aurora, in Descendants 3. Thomas Doherty and Dylan Playfair will also be returning as Harry and Gil.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/sta ... 8023535616

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:27 am 
Platinum Edition

I want Ariel and Eric to have a non-sequel canon kid since this is a different world than the sequels. But I really wanna see Rapunzel and Tiana's kids. Oh, and Snow White's would be interesting.

I so wanna see Harry back, he is like the hottest guy from this series. But I hope he acts better this time...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:45 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm glad Hook's son, aka the eye candy, will be back. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's just been announced that Brenna D'Amico (Jane), Jedidiah Goodacre (Chad Charming), Zachary Gibson (Doug) & Anna Cathcart (Dizzy) will all reprise their roles in Descendants 3.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

I hate it when they pull stunts like this. Facilier already has a daughter called Freddie in Descendants: Wicked World. Why can't they retain some basic continuity with their own franchise? There are so many villains to choose from why do they have to regurgitate the same ones?

Quote:
The Disney Channel Original Movie is going to New Orleans for some new faces for its third outing, bringing aboard The Princess and the Frog’s voodoo villain Dr. Facilier and his daughter Celia, EW can exclusively reveal. Newcomer Jadah Marie will play Celia, while Jamal Sims joins the cast as Facilier. Sims also already serves as choreographer on Descendants 3, working with executive producer and director Kenny Ortega.
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/04/descendants ... -daughter/