Dumbo (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Live Action "Dumbo" in the works

Post by moviefan12 »

Atlantica wrote:No. Just no.

My sentiments exactly, Atlantica. Dumbo is my favorite Disney movie and I just don't think there is anything that could be improved upon with a remake. Perhaps, I have a bias going into this because Dumbo is one of my favorite movies.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Is this because of Elle Fanning's suggestion on the next 'live-action remake' at the Maleficent London Premier press conference?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Rather odd choice to make into a live action film.....

As dreadful as this sounds, I'm kind of a tiny bit curious to see what direction they go with it, yet still I find it very odd to choose Dumbo. Jungle Book And Alice In Wonderland I understand, it goes far beyond Disney's version. Dumbo (while also based on a book) not so much. I feel without the Disney film, we wouldn't know who the heck Dumbo is at all even with the book. Heck I don't even know who the author of Dumbo the book is and haven't thought of it until just now.There haven't been other Dumbo films (unless you count the almost DTV Sequel that thankfully never happened). I'm more confused than outraged why they would choose to make this. I would have thought Aladdin was a shoe in to be made into a live action remake, but that's Disney of the 21st Century for You. :milkbuds:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

First Dickie Jones dies and now this.

Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

There's this comment on Cartoonbrew:

"I kind of feel that if "Jungle Book" turns out to be a bomb this will be cancelled."

*Crosses fingers real tightly* Please! Oh please! Oh please! Oh please! Oh please!
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

So presumably this would be kinda like Racing Stripes, in that we see the (mute, I think) animal's progression into a happy ending.

Which means ...I dunno to be honest. Just an observation.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

...what? Why?

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Guys! :) This is great news!

Personally I can hardly wait for the live-action remake of Make Mine Music ... when they get around to it.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I actually think a live-action Dumbo could be interesting. We have no way of knowing what direction it would take, but if they used real elephants, there would certainly be an adorable factor to it. I'm looking forward to this.
2Disney4Ever wrote:As for The Lion King, that's one animal movie that I could never see working in live-action. At all.
Well, technically, the Broadway show is live-action. And that turned out pretty well.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

estefan wrote:
2Disney4Ever wrote:As for The Lion King, that's one animal movie that I could never see working in live-action. At all.
Well, technically, the Broadway show is live-action. And that turned out pretty well.
But the Broadway shows are played by people in costumes. What I was kind of getting at was how the original movie had no humans whatsoever (not counting Timon & Pumbaa's TV series) to help make sense of the story in live-action if the characters were being played by real mute animals like 101 Dalmatians.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I was actually watching the original film the other night, and I was thinking that while it does a decent job of pointing out the hideous nature of the circus, a longer, slightly more mature, but potentially still child-friendly, film could make a better argument for this. Especially if it focuses on the mistreatment of animals by circus people.

However, I don't think this film will be interested in that, since a message like that would take away from the forced whimsy and tiresome gross-out jokes Disney has in store instead. And I guarantee that there will be at least one adult male in this version, since Dumbo's too small and cute to make a big pile of dung, and as Hollywood has taught his, females don't poop. :roll:
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I love all the reaction pics, keep em coming! :lol:
What I was kind of getting at was how the original movie had no humans whatsoever (not counting Timon & Pumbaa's TV series)
there were humans in the T&P series? ok well that show didnt take itself very seriously anyway so it shouldnt be too surprising...

though I always thought an interesting sequel for LK would be their pristine kingdom being discovered by humans(who have always existed but had never ventured to the film's location since many parts of Africa in the past were undiscovered,) & how Simba handles it...
gamer51

Post by gamer51 »

PatrickvD wrote:
When will they learn? Why not just do a Frozen live action remake. I mean for God's it's been out for 8 months, what are they waiting for?!?!
actually, the live-action main character is already part of once upon a time. :wink:
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

unprincess wrote:I love all the reaction pics, keep em coming! :lol:
What I was kind of getting at was how the original movie had no humans whatsoever (not counting Timon & Pumbaa's TV series)
there were humans in the T&P series? ok well that show didnt take itself very seriously anyway so it shouldnt be too surprising...
This guy in particular:

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
willard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by willard »

Anybody remember this?

Anyway, this is a prefect example of current regime at Disney playing it safe.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Anybody thinks this movie will focus more on the human characters, maybe even invent a few to attract the non-Disney fans audience. Like maybe to attract the adults they'll invent this cheesy love story of the ringmaster's daughter falling in love with one of the trapeze men, but they can't get together cause the ringmaster doesn't approve, and they help Dumbo along the way and encouraged by his story they stand up to the ringmaster cause "love conquers all" bs.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have so many films they could remake in live action, and they chose Dumbo? Personally, I'd prefer to see a live action remake for Pinocchio.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Sicoe Vlad wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have so many films they could remake in live action, and they chose Dumbo? Personally, I'd prefer to see a live action remake for Pinocchio.
From what I remember there were two live-action Pinocchios made before from other studios.

Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

The makers of this film, will have to be really high, to create the "Pink Elephants on Parade" segment. I am afraid to see how it would turn out on live action.

If this remake is more like "The Jungle Book" remake from 1993, then I think it could be okay. But if turns out be another Smurfs with the casting of some pop singer, then it will be complete garbage that deserves to rot.