Hercules bluray just arrived!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Hercules bluray just arrived!

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

The transfer looks amazing! Bright, clean and sharp! I recommend everyone to get it when it comes out to the general public!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.1 KiB) Viewed 14667 times
Film transfer
Film transfer
image.jpg (116.36 KiB) Viewed 14667 times
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Re: Hercules bluray just arrived!

Post by bruno_wbt »

Does it have bonus features?
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks great!!

Can you please also check the DVD in the set and let us know if it also features the digitally-sourced transfer or just the same awful one as the Gold Collection DVD from 2000? Would really appreciate it...
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

The DVD is new authored and has the same transfer used for the Bluray!

Bonus features are:

Making of Hercules (same feature that was on previous DVDs)
Ricky Martin "Go the Distance" Spanish music video
"Zero to Hero" sign along (Bluray only feature)
Attachments
IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 14543 times
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Here's two more
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.38 KiB) Viewed 14530 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 14530 times
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:The DVD is new authored and has the same transfer used for the Bluray!
Yes!! :D Thank you so much MickeyMouseboy!!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

So jealous lol. I was considering signing up to the Disney Movie Club, but honestly this and Tarzan are the only ones I want that I don't have, so it wasn't really worth it. I'll wait the two extra months.

I still can't believe that Hercules is finally available on disc in an acceptable format. It's criminal that we never got a proper DVD of it (seriously, how long had the previous DVD been around? 10+ years? lol) but it's great that it's on Blu-ray now.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Poor Herc never seems to get the kind of special treatment on DVD or Blu-Ray that his movie probably deserves, considering that it was one of the more popular Disney movies in the late 90's. How nice would it have been to have had a commentary from John Musker and Ron Clements like for their other 2D movies, but alas, we just get another release with little in the way of extra content.

Judging from the screencaps though, I'm sure the film still looks quite nice on Blu-Ray, like the other Disney films do.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I think they have a real hate on for this movie b/c it was supposed to be their big box office comeback after Hunchback. Hunchback's underperformance was kinda excused b/c of the dark subject matter. Hercules on the other hand followed the Aladdin formula to a tee, a bright boy friendly fun comedy, so it was shocking and disappointing when it did about the same as Hunchback. Unfortunatly it was released right smack dab in the middle of 2 other boy friendly films that summer, Men in Black & Batman & Robin.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

^Herc actually performed WAYYYY worse than Hunchback did. Hercules was, with the exception of The Rescuers Down Under, the least-profitable of the Renaissance. Don't know WHY that is, as it's one of my personal favorites. But, yeah, Pocahontas grossed less than Lion King (around the same amount as Beauty and the Beast did, though), Hunchback grossed less than Pocahontas (though not by much), Hercules grossed less than Hunchback, Mulan grossed MORE than Hercules, but still less than Hunchback or Pocahontas and Tarzan grossed more than anything but Lion King and Aladdin. The Renaissance was weird in terms of box-office. And Disney's distortions of history since haven't been helpful. If you believed the company's version, everything after Lion King was an abject, soul-crushing failure except for Mulan and Tarzan...
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

And because of how the movie performed at the box office let´s just mistreat it?

Not to mention that they did make a TV series and the Hercules´world has been part of Kingdom Heart. So it´s not like Disney want it to be forgotten the same way as with The Black Cauldron.
Last edited by DC Fan on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Hercules opened second to face off and made 21,454,451 on it opening weekend. It's lifetime domestic gross was 99 million and it grossed 253 million internationally. Considering they only spend 85 million I think they made their money back!
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

Disney's revisionism is disgusting.

Everything is solely profit-based.

There is no real soul at the upper echelons of that company.

Make everything as broadly appealing as possible and as inoffensive and unrealistically clean. It's shit.
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

While it's nice to see Hercules getting an anamorphic, CAPS-sourced transfer on DVD at long last, it pains me to say that the original blue castle Walt Disney Pictures logo has been replaced with the 2006 CG castle logo, just like the European Blu-ray releases. :(
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

BK wrote:Disney's revisionism is disgusting.

Everything is solely profit-based.

There is no real soul at the upper echelons of that company.

Make everything as broadly appealing as possible and as inoffensive and unrealistically clean. It's ****.
Cursing is against the rules on this forum, BK Broiler! >:(
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

^Since when?
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

disneyphilip wrote:Cursing is against the rules on this forum, BK Broiler! >:(
rotfl
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Gabrielkat wrote:While it's nice to see Hercules getting an anamorphic, CAPS-sourced transfer on DVD at long last, it pains me to say that the original blue castle Walt Disney Pictures logo has been replaced with the 2006 CG castle logo, just like the European Blu-ray releases. :(
Really? Ugh, this is exactly why I haven't really been caring much about owning older Disney movies on Blu-Ray. It's like today's New Age Disney wants to erase all trace of their older logo and their older self. Whenever this is the case, I'm just going to stick to the previous DVD releases of these movies so I can still watch them the way they originally were. Unless of course the Blu-Rays can offer more in the way of new features to warrant buying these movies again, which a lot of them haven't unfortunately.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Both Hercules and Tarzan both have the blue castle logo.......
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:^Herc actually performed WAYYYY worse than Hunchback did. Hercules was, with the exception of The Rescuers Down Under, the least-profitable of the Renaissance. Don't know WHY that is, as it's one of my personal favorites.
I think it's because it follow Pocahontas and Hunchback. I believe the only film from the Renaissance post-TLK that could've followed Hunchback and went up is perhaps Tarzan, just because I believe everyone has heard of that character/story before which is why the film did so well. Hercules didn't have that same kind of name value. In some ways I do think the film was at least enjoyed more than Hunchback, since Mulan was the first film in that string to go up after a previous low.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"