Gargoyles (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Gargoyles (Live-Action)

Post by Disneyphile »

Walt Disney Pictures is in negotiations with Zoe Green to write the screenplay based on an original idea she developed with the studio on gargoyles, says Variety.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67938
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The trade says the project is not tied to "Gargoyles," the animated TV series that Disney produced in the 1990s, or a comic book that was later produced by series creator Greg Weisman.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Now, somebody really IS looking at this forum.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=40
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

ajmrowland wrote:Now, somebody really IS looking at this forum.

Did you not read my posts, which quotes from the article?
Giygas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Giygas »

It's a shame. Gargoyles could be turned into such an awesome movie.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Giygas wrote:It's a shame. Gargoyles could be turned into such an awesome movie.
I hope they will leave Gargoyles alone. Like... forever.
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

Yes, I agree. I'd rather they leave it alone, instead of inevitably ruining it.

Though, I'm going to be honest, I was kind of exited when I read the title. Now... meh. Then again, it's going to be a completely different thing, so I don't care either way.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Goliath wrote:
Giygas wrote:It's a shame. Gargoyles could be turned into such an awesome movie.
THIS.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Goliath wrote:
Well....I would like them to release the rest of the series on DVD...it's like Season 2 Volume 2.....so right now i'm for anything that might getting gargoyles TAS released even if this movie isn't anything to do with Gargoyles of the 90s.....though it would be interesting to see where it went movie wise....I mean how many Disney Animated Series from the 90s would actually fit into a possible theatrical film....I don't think Gummi Bears qualifies in my book. Nor Darkwing Duck,

I'll put it this way, I'd rather them Make Gargoyles the Series into a movie than see countless re-tries and re-makes at hitting a High School Musical movie.....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I am all for a movie based on the Gargoyles TV series, and am slightly mad Disney isn't taking this opportunity to do so.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Goliath wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:Now, somebody really IS looking at this forum.

Did you not read my posts, which quotes from the article?
killjoy
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

ajmrowland wrote:
Goliath wrote:Did you not read my posts, which quotes from the article?
killjoy
:lol:

@ disneyboy: yes, they should definitly release the rest of the show on dvd. You can watch all episodes on YouTube (one channel), but that's not the same.

*If* Disney decided to do a movie based on the 1990's series, I hope they'd make it a 2D animated movie. But I fear it would be a (partly) CGI movie. That would ruïn everything, and that's why I hope they'll never touch Gargoyles again.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Gargoyles fans are very upset about this- http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/comment/

I hope Greg Weisman releases a statement about the film. He probably will.

Anyway, a Gargoyles fan created a Facebook group against the new Gargoyle movie, advocating for one based on the 1990's series. I joined. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 2852459700

I think I'll watch some Gargoyles tonight.

EDIT: Why is my post not showing up??? :?
Last edited by UmbrellaFish on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

And once again Disney proves they love to destroy all that is good about them. I bet they will cast all their little teenie bopper stars from their craptacular tv series too.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Goliath wrote: I hope they will leave Gargoyles alone. Like... forever.
Well....I would like them to release the rest of the series on DVD...it's like Season 2 Volume 2.....so right now i'm for anything that might getting gargoyles TAS released even if this movie isn't anything to do with Gargoyles of the 90s.....though it would be interesting to see where it went movie wise....I mean how many Disney Animated Series from the 90s would actually fit into a possible theatrical film....I don't think Gummi Bears qualifies in my book. Nor Darkwing Duck,

I'll put it this way, I'd rather them Make Gargoyles the Series into a movie than see countless re-tries and re-makes at hitting a High School Musical movie.....
So true :D

I too am fond of this series and it amazes me that it's still not properly released..then again

I am still pining for:

The Little Mermaid/Aladdin/Lilo & Stitch/Stitch!(anime-series)

Time will tell I guess :wink:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Contacts to petition the Gargoyles movie. From Facebook-
First of all, thank you all for joining. As we are all organizing here, we also need to make noise and get Disney's attention. We need to let them know that we want to see the 90's "Gargoyles" series adapted into a movie instead of this take that is being developed. Just gathering together on Facebook isn't enough. We need to make noise on the internet, and write letters.

These are the two people we need to contact. LouAnne Brickhouse at Disney, and Lauren Shuler Donner at the Donner Company. Both of their business addresses will be included at the end of this message.

First, and I cannot stress this enough. The tone we all take is very important. Be passionate, but do not be hostile. If we get hostile, we're giving them every excuse to throw our letters away, and we cannot do that. Tell them if they are going to make a movie about "Gargoyles" to embrace the popular cartoon from the 1990's. Tell them there is a large fanbase that loves it. Tell them that there is a rich mythology and lots of great material that would make for a great franchise of movies. Tell them they shouldn't throw this away.

Also, this is not about Greg Weisman. They have a writer that they like, so don't badmouth Zoe Green, and don't tell them that they should get Greg Weisman to write it. That also would be counterproductive.

If everyone's got that, here's who to contact:

ATTN: Lauren Shuler Donner
The Donners' Company
9465 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 420
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
USA

ATTN: LouAnne Brickhouse
The Walt Disney Studios Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-9722
USA

My only request is that everyone does this. Don't just assume that everyone else will go ahead and do it. We all need to do this if we're going to make an impact.

Also, keep on inviting people to the group and encouraging them to spread the word as well.

Thank you.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I just placed two letters in the mailbox!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Gargoyles PSA:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDoIdPqvSR0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDoIdPqvSR0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The only way I would accept a Gargoyles-movie:

1.) Greg Weisman is in creative control
2.) Hand-drawn (2D) animation
3.) The original voicecast returns
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Goliath wrote:The only way I would accept a Gargoyles-movie:

1.) Greg Weisman is in creative control
2.) Hand-drawn (2D) animation
3.) The original voicecast returns
Personally, I definitely would want Greg Weisman on hand, but to be completely truthful, I've never cared for his suggested plotlines for a film. Then again, those were from back when Gargoyles was a thriving Disney franchise and when (so it seemed) Disney cared about the property. His ideas have likely changed.

I really wouldn't care whether the film would be animated. I don't think Disney would release an animated film version of Gargoyles to theatres, though, sadly.

Regarding the voice cast, hypothesizing that a live-action film were to be made ala Avatar, then I'd like to see all the Gargoyles return. I suppose some of them would need body doubles for action sequences (particularly Ed Asner, I would guess). As for the humans, I think Salli Richardson-Whitfield looks young enough to play Elisa, but I'm not sold on Jonathan Frakes.

But I'd just be happy if this new "gargoyles" movie is canned and we get more comics.