DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1024 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
Longer snippet of "Into the Unknown": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSOZBc4QU0

I like it! That last high note by Menzel breaks glass! :lol:

D82 wrote:
The girl is called Honeymaren.

What a stupid name. It doesn't even sound traditionally Norwegian or broader Scandinavian. Looking it up, I couldn't find anything about it that wasn't Frozen 2-related.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:37 pm 
Limited Edition

shes really cute, she looks Inuit. I dont know how accurate her ethnic look (or name)is to the Sami but its obvious by now that Disney doesn't care about cultural or historical authenticity anymore as long at it all looks "PC" enough. :milkbuds:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

D82 wrote:
What a stupid name. It doesn't even sound traditionally Norwegian or broader Scandinavian.

Agreed. Even a Norwegian like myself wouldn't come up with such a name.

Quote:
Looking it up, I couldn't find anything about it that wasn't Frozen 2-related.

Really? It's description says otherwise.

Anywho, I'm glad that Frozen II will feature Saami characters after all. Despite how the first teaser pretty much implied it, I was afraid that we weren't going to get some after all. But I still want to catch the movie before stating my final viewpoint about this PC subject ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I don't mind the name Honeymaren. I think it's lovely imo. Thanks for all of the postings! I actually found a bit of the score that Idina posted on IG.. Possibly Show Yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIz1K3yOaxM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am 
Platinum Edition

Japanese theatrical poster.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyStudioJ_A/sta ... 7987535872

Japanese soundtrack cover.

Source: https://twitter.com/disneymusicjp/statu ... 1670516736

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:37 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I like the poster, though it could've rather shown us some new poses or pictures that hasn't been shown before.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 pm 
Collector's Edition

New trailer on Monday:

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyStudios/videos/411586196421856/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Finally!!! Couldn't come any slower! :lol:

I forgot to mention: I did Disney Store's "Call a Character" thing for bedtime. And it sounds like Anna and Elsa's have some information on Frozen 2, based on the fall theme. In the call:

* They go to a Harvest Festival (sounds like this is where "Some Things Never Change" takes place)
* Anna and Olaf goes to a pumpkin patch
* Then, Anna, Elsa, Kristof, Sven and Olaf play games before bed (Clearly charade during "Into the Unknown")

And a nice fact: Elsa sleeps with Queen Iduna's scarf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I hope the new trailer features some of the songs.

DisneyFan09 wrote:
I like the poster, though it could've rather shown us some new poses or pictures that hasn't been shown before.

I like it too, but I agree about the poses. And I don't like that some characters are looking at the audience and some aren't.

disneyprincess11 wrote:
I actually found a bit of the score that Idina posted on IG.. Possibly Show Yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIz1K3yOaxM

It sounds quite good. Thanks for all the updates, disneyprincess11!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Some small updates:

• Another picture of the male Sami character: https://bigfrozensix.tumblr.com/post/18 ... leasing-in

• The rock giant we saw in the last trailer is called "Earth Giant": https://twitter.com/Fans_of_Frozen/stat ... 6834506752

• Confirmation that the salamander is the fire spirit: https://justlookatthosesausages.tumblr. ... l-fire-boi

• Mock-up of the new Frozen float coming to Disneyland Paris during the Frozen Celebration Season:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wow that Frozen float is gorgeous! I hope we get something like that in either US park. I'm looking forward to seeing a visual captured like that in the film.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:01 am 
Gold Collection

There it is.. 3rd trailer.. and still once again, not too much is revealed ^^

https://youtu.be/bwzLiQZDw2I

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:35 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wow! I loved the trailer! I liked King Agnarr's backstory (he looked fine as younger) and the mythological aspects of it (yes, those stones reminded me of Brave). The parts with the Saami/White haired people were nice (which looked like they could be from Rise of the Guardians). Anna's adorkable comment about her ex-boyfriend was funny. And I melted over the shot with the baby reindeers. It was visually stunning. I liked the overall serious nature of the trailer, which made the last part of Olaf freaking tolerable :P

Overall, a good trailer, so I can't wait for the rest! :pink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I hope there's more Hans in the movie than just that unflattering mention.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:28 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Love love the trailer! :drool:

Additionally, we have finally the rest of the characters/cast:

Quote:
KING AGNARR – The son of King Runeard, King Agnarr is married to Queen Iduna, and is Anna and Elsa’s father. King Agnarr loves his family, and would do anything to ensure his daughters’ wellbeing and safety. Alfred Molina lends his voice to King Agnarr.
YELANA – The unspoken leader of the nomadic Northuldra. She is fiercely protective of her family and community but is known to soften when people show an understanding of nature and their environment. Martha Plimpton was called on to bring Yelana to life.
HONEYMAREN – A member of the Northuldra, Honeymaren is a true free spirit and wants nothing more than to bring peace to the enchanted forest. She is bold and brave, with a reverence for the magic of nature. Rachel Matthews provides the voice of Honeymaren.
RYDER – Eager and fun, Honeymaren’s brother Ryder embraces life with optimism. Ryder’s love of reindeer might just rival Kristoff’s – but unlike Kristoff, Ryder has never roamed the great plains outside of the Enchanted Forest. He longs to embrace the world and venture beyond the magical mist. Jason Ritter lends his voice to Ryder.
BRUNI – Curious and cute, this salamander inhabits the Enchanted Forest. Though shy at first, Bruni can’t help but be drawn to Elsa’s icy magic and enjoys the cool snowflake treats she creates.

https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-trailer-official-2/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:21 pm 
Platinum Edition

It was a good trailer. We finally got some semblance of plot and lots of new footage. I liked the more epic tone and vibe to it even though the last scene with Olaf kinda messed that up. Why do they always feel the need to shoehorn some slapstick humor in there? I was a bit disappointed that none of the new songs were showcased. I recall that the final trailer for the first Frozen featured "For the First Time in Forever". Why didn't they use a song this time around? The stones do remind me of the Callanish Stones from Brave and the Sámi people with white hair, the Atlantians from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The fact that not all of them had white hair must mean that those who do can yield magic like Elsa does. I love the shot where Elsa's jumping with her hair down. I found it a tad odd that Anna referred to Hans as her ex-boyfriend when technically he was her ex-fiancé. Not fond of the designs of young Agnarr and Iduna. They're kinda generic and lack definition. They look more like background characters. I don't like that three of the four elements have more physical manifestations (Nøkk, the water horse, Bruni, the fire salamander, Earth Giant, the stone giant) but wind doesn't. Honeymaren's name is silly and reminiscent of Honey Lemon; it should have been just Maren. They should have picked a different name for Ryder too to avoid confusion with Flynn Rider.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:47 pm 
Platinum Edition

The latest Frozen controversy online is that Honeymaren looks too much like Moana.

Source: https://irridiare.tumblr.com/post/18790 ... e-from-the

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
It was a good trailer. We finally got some semblance of plot and lots of new footage. I liked the more epic tone and vibe to it even though the last scene with Olaf kinda messed that up. Why do they always feel the need to shoehorn some slapstick humor in there? I was a bit disappointed that none of the new songs were showcased. I recall that the final trailer for the first Frozen featured "For the First Time in Forever". Why didn't they use a song this time around? The stones do remind me of the Callanish Stones from Brave and the Sámi people with white hair, the Atlantians from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The fact that not all of them had white hair must mean that those who do can yield magic like Elsa does. I love the shot where Elsa's jumping with her hair down. I found it a tad odd that Anna referred to Hans as her ex-boyfriend when technically he was her ex-fiancé. Not fond of the designs of young Agnarr and Iduna. They're kinda generic and lack definition. They look more like background characters. I don't like that three of the four elements have more physical manifestations (Nøkk, the water horse, Bruni, the fire salamander, Earth Giant, the stone giant) but wind doesn't. Honeymaren's name is silly and reminiscent of Honey Lemon; it should have been just Maren. They should have picked a different name for Ryder too to avoid confusion with Flynn Rider.

Wow, it's remarkable that we've both have pretty much the same impression by the trailer!

Btw, here are some pictures for the Elsa Fashion Doll: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Disney-Hasbro-Frozen-2-Movie-Elsa-Fashion-Doll-Brand-New-IN-HAND-/183966631946

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

I love the Japanese poster and the trailer was sooo good! Olaf in the wind and Anna's "Then don't go into fire!" made me laugh. I love the way the call sounds, too, like a voice in a cathedral. Hopefully the trolls are only in the beginning when they tell Anna and Elsa to seek out the voice calling her and that's it. The shot of Elsa jumping across the poles as she created them was gorgeous.

Maddie Poppe ~ "Not Losing You"
Celine Dion ~ "A New Day Is Dawning (Radio Remix)"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 pm 
Gold Collection

Disney's Divinity wrote:
The shot of Elsa jumping across the poles as she created them was gorgeous.

Is it partially because of the sight of Elsa's hair being down?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1024 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 52  Next