DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Ive also read that a book description statesthere's a dam that was made by the Arendellans that angered the nature spirits and Elsa has to destroy it. It doesn't specify when the dam was built, if it was when Agdar was a child when he visited the enchanted land that caused the incident that got him into trouble there or or if its more recent. Why would a dam built when the King wad a child (or earlier)make the spirits mad and call on Elsa so many years later when she's a young adult?

nomad2010 wrote:
Am I the only one who feels like all these different synopses have a lot of different things going on that don’t all add up? spirits, voices of the past, a wolf, the seasons, the elements... I’m just hoping there’s been some bad interpretations and the story is clear and concise because right now I feel like this could easily go the way of convoluted half-baked lore that doesn’t make much sense.

the wolf is from a middle-school novel that takes place between the first and second films, its not really tied to the events of the 2nd one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

unprincess wrote:
Ive also read that a book description statesthere's a dam that was made by the Arendellans that angered the nature spirits and Elsa has to destroy it. It doesn't specify when the dam was built, if it was when Agdar was a child when he visited the enchanted land that caused the incident that got him into trouble there or or if its more recent. Why would a dam built when the King wad a child (or earlier)make the spirits mad and call on Elsa so many years later when she's a young adult?

Interesting. That reminds me of something I saw in a video recently when I was searching for info about the Sami. In the video, they said the construction of a dam was an important event in the recent history of the Sami, because it made them start fighting for their rights as a community. I wonder if the filmmakers were inspired by this real event. I couldn't find that video again, but here's a bit of info about what happened with that dam: http://www.environmentandsociety.org/to ... ontroversy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

D82 wrote:
unprincess wrote:

Interesting. That reminds me of something I saw in a video recently when I was searching for info about the Sami. In the video, they said the construction of a dam was an important event in the recent history of the Sami, because it made them start fighting for their rights as a community. I wonder if the filmmakers were inspired by this real event. I couldn't find that video again, but here's a bit of info about what happened with that dam: http://www.environmentandsociety.org/to ... ontroversy

That's really neat if they chose to be inspired by a real story. The popularity of Frozen would help spread the plight of the Sami and their struggles in that case, especially since I can safely say that most Americans are not even aware of their existence as a people.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

^Yes, it would be great if it could serve that purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Josh Gad said in an interview that he thinks the songs in the sequel are even better than the ones in the original.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:31 am 
Collector's Edition

D82 wrote:
After the backlash over Halle Bailey's casting in the Little Mermaid remake, I've decided not to complain about these details, because it's clear that what we need right now is more representation for people to get used to seeing characters from other ethnicities on the big screen. I don't think all the people who complained in this case were racist, I know Ariel's look is very iconic and I believe many of them (like the members here) just wanted her to look like the animated character, but I'm sure that if they had announced Ariel would be blonde, for example, there wouldn't have been such a strong backlash online.

The backlash is created by media, at least partially. The tabloids only reports and quotes the most aggressive comments from both sides, and ignores the more civilized discussions, which is not as efficient as clickbait.

D82 wrote:
I could be wrong, but she doesn't look like the same girl to me.

We should find out who's who not many months from now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:47 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
D82 wrote:
I could be wrong, but she doesn't look like the same girl to me.

We should find out who's who not many months from now.

Yeah, it could be extremely soon as next week! Wreck-It Ralph 2 introduced Shank around this time last year, along with Moana dropping its whole cast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:29 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Some new details from toy descriptions:

Quote:
"Elsa doll with a friend – This set includes Elsa and her frog friend."

"In Frozen 2, the friendship between Elsa and Olaf is intensified and the characters are connected by rare magic. Olaf is now able to perceive Elsa's emotions, even though he's far away. The package contains a figure of Elsa and Olaf. Olaf reacts to Elsa's movements and makes a variety of sounds."
Source: https://twitter.com/Fans_of_Frozen/stat ... 8262682627

And Kristen Anderson-Lopez tweeted this:

Quote:
I can’t tell you anything but something super exciting and magically musical happened today.

I can tell you it had everything to do with Frozen 2
Source: https://twitter.com/Lyrikris10/status/1 ... 8995781632

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
The backlash is created by media, at least partially. The tabloids only reports and quotes the most aggressive comments from both sides, and ignores the more civilized discussions, which is not as efficient as clickbait.

It's true that the tabloids do that, and I agree they made it seem the backlash was bigger than it actually was, but #NotMyAriel trended on Twitter, so there were many people who weren't happy with the casting. I know that, as someone here pointed out, not all the tweets were racist and part of them were people responding to the ones complaining, but there was still quite a strong negative reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 am 
Platinum Edition

Olaf being able to feel what Elsa is feeling is silly and somewhat of a retcon. If he had that ability, it would have manifested itself from the start.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 am 
Platinum Edition

^Maybe he had to get more in tune with his inner self/his own feelings before being able to go next-level?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 am 
Platinum Edition

Maybe Olaf needed to be close in vicinity to Elsa for a while to create that "ability." In the first film, he was pretty far away from her for most of it except the "For the First Time in Forever (reprise)" scene. I don't know, I think it kind of makes sense. I've always supposed that Elsa's creations can only exist as long as she's alive, too.

Sara Evans ~ "Slow Me Down"
Maren Morris ~ "I Wish I Was"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Maybe as Elsa's powers grow or she discovers more about them, they'll affect Olaf too given that he was created by her? I don't know, but I hope whatever the reason is; it'll make sense in the movie.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I've always supposed that Elsa's creations can only exist as long as she's alive, too.

I never thought of that. You could be right about that. If there's a situation in the sequel in which Elsa is close to die, we could learn if it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:30 am 
Platinum Edition

Jonathan Groff on Jimmy Fallon's show, debuting a line from Frozen 2!
Jonathan Groff Sings a Voice Memo as Frozen's Kri…: https://youtu.be/gjJoILhVQcE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, Josh Gad has revealed a spoiler picture of Olaf from Frozen 2. Tumblr zoomed in on the picture and.....Olaf (nearly) melts

MAJOR SPOILER
https://66.media.tumblr.com/e9943a4e15d ... r1_540.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 am 
Platinum Edition

^ "Some people are worth melting for." Stop chopping onions, guys. :cry: I wonder if Disney is upset with him for posting that...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 am 
Platinum Edition

We now know that this art we've seen on various merch is based on Jim Kim's drawings. I'm a big fan of his so I'm glad he got to work on Frozen 2 as well. He's no longer employeed at WDAS so this must have been freelanced like the work he did on Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Source: https://mailchi.mp/cyclopsprintworks/cy ... iew-part-1

Quote:
We’ve partnered with Walt Disney Animation Studios to create a special limited edition 4 print set of Frozen 2 hand bills designed by Joe Dunn and based on art by Jin Kim! Here’s a first look! Each image is a 5x5" screen print and full sets will be given away at the WDAS booth FRIDAY 8/23 @ 6:30PM by reservation through the D23 EXPO APP!
Source: https://mailchi.mp/cyclopsprintworks/cy ... iew-part-1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

Those are very pretty.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Animation on Frozen 2 has officially finished.

And spoilers about the ending:
https://twitter.com/Fans_of_Frozen/stat ... 1013735424
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1R-ck_IyvY/

blackcauldron85 wrote:
^ "Some people are worth melting for." Stop chopping onions, guys. :cry: I wonder if Disney is upset with him for posting that...

I don't think so; they retweeted the picture on the official Twitter account for the movie.

Sotiris wrote:
We now know that this art we've seen on various merch is based on Jim Kim's drawings. I'm a big fan of his so I'm glad he got to work on Frozen 2 as well. He's no longer employeed at WDAS so this must have been freelanced like the work he did on Ralph Breaks the Internet.

I love his art too. Thanks for sharing those drawings!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:26 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
I hope so! I’m guessing they do get married considering the clothes, but it would be neat if they got engaged at the end of 2 and then married in Frozen 3.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I hope so! I’m guessing they do get married considering the clothes, but it would be neat if they got engaged at the end of 2 and then married in Frozen 3.

I don't think it's their wedding, I think it's a party at the end of the film where Kristoff proposes to Anna, but we'll see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next