DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:19 am 
Platinum Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
especially the ending which no one here seems to be able to decipher what happened to her when she was frozen or why she was frozen.

I thought it was because "Dive down deep into her sound, But not too far, or you'll be drowned," but because of her ice powers she froze instead... :?:

This is such a super busy weekend for me but I need to watch the Disney+ series; I keep forgetting about it...

You know, that idea could work...buuut I think it is referring to how the Nokk literally tries to drown Elsa as she tries to go to the ice...fortress...thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm 
Platinum Edition

@Sotiris: I haven't seen it. That artwork is gorgeous though. Frozen is the only 3D film they've made that I'd describe as beautiful although the ocean scenery in Moana and San Fransokyo in BH6 come close. The film's look reminds me of a mixture of Cinderella and Pocahontas, taking the best and leaving the worst aspects of those films' looks, imo. Something about the designs in that picture you posted for the VR short reminds me of the cave artwork at the beginning of FernGully. Also the background behind Aurora in the scene that plays when Fauna gives her the Gift of Song.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:13 am 
Platinum Edition

I've just gotten round to watching Into the Unknown: The Making of Frozen II, and I have to say, it's absoltiuely fascinating, and I wish Disney would allow more documentaries like this for all their animated films ! Specifically for me, Tangled and Zootopia would be amazing to watch as we all know they were changed so much in production etc.

Anyway, what I wanted to comment on was the segment in the series about 'Show Yourself' and how it was such a bone of contention between everyone. For me personally, I think it explained a lot about how I feel about the film; that the narrative wasn't very clear. Time and time again in their 'Brain Trust' meetings, and catch up meetings, you have people saying the same thing again and again, that they didn't 'get' it. Whatever the theme and meaning behind Elsa making her way to Ahtohallan was.

The fact that so far down the line even Jennifer Lee was like 'who is calling her ? Is it her mum ? Is it her own self ?' ... that far down the story process speaks volumes. That they didn't have a clear motivator for Elsa to do what she was doing.... she wasn't always the fifth spirit, it wasn't always her mum, it wasn't always just her. It's muddled, and that's why 'Show Yourself' wasn't working for them, as the storyline wasn't there for them to work with.

The fact that it was the songwriters who decided to weave in the lullaby from the beginning into it, that then made the directors make the decision to have the voice be her mother says a lot. Which explains why I feel a bit like :? throughout it.

Super super interesting to watch that's for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:42 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I agree, Atlantica, but what surprises me is that they were willing to be exposed like that, but I like that it's honest, I like when creators are more honest about their decisions with fans instead of making lies and excuses all the time (reminds me of the OUAT's showrunners). I assume that Bob Iger might have wanted this film to be released in 2019, otherwise I could see them wanting to delay it one more year to work on story issues cause not knowing the meaning of your culminating song three months before release is kind of weird.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 pm 
Super Genius

https://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Dangerous ... 1368063616

Frozen II: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr now has cover art!

With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney Peaceful Piano - All Is Found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjOlwdMonU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I rewatched Frozen II today and I usually put English subtitles and I noticed that they write "Yelena", but shouldn't it be "Yelana"? Searching in the internet I see some places referring to her as Yelena like IMDB or Wikipedia, but others like various wikias refer to her as Yelana. I guess the Blu-ray's subtitles is probably the more official source but it's weird cause I always thought it was Yelana.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I've checked the end credits and her name is spelled Yelena there too, so that must be the official one. I thought it was Yelana as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

It didn't occur to me to check the credits. Thanks.
It actually makes sense because I was always familiar with the name Yelena, the spelling of Yelana sounded weird to me but I tought it might be the same case with other names that sound the same but have a different spelling like Karen and Keren.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

The way how Olaf was made during LiG is going to be a short!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/O ... N-20200909

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88