DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Moana had a lot of bonus features as well. Seems standard for a new film release.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
This article goes in-depth about the VR short:
https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/21/disne ... ing-in-vr/

Thanks for sharing! That article made me more curious about the short. It's a shame it won't be included as an extra on the Frozen 2 Blu-ray. We know there's a non-VR version of it because it was screened before Frozen 2 at the film's premiere, but I guess they don't want to make it available for the general public yet until they've shown the VR version at some film festivals first.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:57 am 
Limited Edition

What are your thoughts about black characters being the captain of the guard, which is so common to the point where it has become a trope?

https://twitter.com/jifueko/status/1221671860481298432?s=19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:20 pm 
Limited Edition

yeah...
also have you noticed how prevalent it is nowadays to replace redheads with black actors?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-holly ... s.1491094/

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... head_with/

:milkbuds:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

I noticed it with the casting announcement for Peter Pan in the new Peter and Wendy. In that case, it isn't anywhere as weird as casting an Ariel (or Annie) without red hair, but I think I noticed more because the Ariel thing had happened already. And my reaction was now no redhead for Peter Pan either? :lol: When talking about this, I can't help but think about that episode of South Park when the redheads rise up and overthrow society. :lol:

I watched Joker last night and it came with a preview for the Harley Quinn movie. I remember thinking that I wish they’d do something with Poison Ivy again. But would she end up no longer being a redhead now, too? I know when they made Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Hermione was black. That didn't bother me because she has brown hair anyway, but now I'm actually surprised Hermione was the one who was racebent and not the Weasleys. :lol:

EDIT: Reddit is definitely not my thing. I usually only go there when I'm looking for Funko leaks, but otherwise I avoid it like the plague it is (along with Twitter, Facebook, and several other places). Still, I opened the link just to read a little of what you posted, unprincess, and one of the first comments was so funny I had to post it here for everyone else: "Black is the new Orange?" rotfl And, wow, they racebent Starfire??? I had no idea about that one.

Katharine McPhee ~ "Round Your Little Finger"
Christina Aguilera ~ "Say Something" (w/ AGBW)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:15 pm 
Limited Edition

oh I didn't know that about Peter Pan, I haven't been able to read all the threads here due to lack of time. Actually thinking about it now, Peter Pan doesn't bother me as much for some reason... maybe b/c I'm used to the idea of him being played by women too, so its a role that's always been sorta associated with diverse casting in a sense.

Ariel did bother me at first b/c I feel her whole design, the red hair, pale white skin/ blue eyes and blueish green tail and purple top are so iconic. But I dont really think about it much anymore as I just see the film as a totally different take of the original fairytale with some elements borrowed from the film, like they did with Maleficent.

yeah Starfire, that's really strange b/c the character's iconic design is an orange skinned alien, you'd think they'd at least paint the actress in orange makeup like they did Saldana's green makeup in GOTG.

I usually visit/lurk on Reddit when Im looking for discussions on tv or film Ive watched. Sigh I miss IMBD. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I have no idea where this Peter Pan thing is coming from. There was a recent adaptation of the story titled Wendy that cast a young black child as Peter Pan but that's not the Disney version. Seems unnecessary to spread false information like this to galvanize the bigots.

Anyway Peter has never been associated with red hair except from with Disney. He has no given hair color in the original but the hair color he is most commonly associated with is blonde. Which is also what we nearly got for him in David Hall's concept art of the film and frankly it suits the character better than Lampwick 2.0. Swapping hair color is nothing new for Disney though because the original Sleeping Beauty was a brunette, Beauty from Beauty and the Beast was blonde (as was Christine from The Phantom of the Opera), Dorothy was a redhead in the first book and then a blonde for all of her other book appearances, and even the Little Mermaid was known for basically any hair color from blonde to black, except for the bright red hair she's most commonly associated with now.

I think Starfire is a unique case because the production costs for GOTG is obviously going to be much higher than what a streaming TV show's budget would allow. It would be too expensive to constantly paint a character like Starfire with orange makeup in every episode unless they used CGI or something which would look awful. And Teen Titans is hardly Game of Thrones or The Mandolarian to justify a budget like that. Even big-budget films tend to opt out of the full make-up look like Jennifer Lawrence in the X-Men films.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

A Spanish website has revealed the runtime of some of the bonus features on the Blu-ray.

- Outtakes: 25m
- Deleted scenes: 19m
- Deleted Songs: 10m
- The Spirits of Frozen 2: 15m
- Did You Know?: 5m
- Multi-Language Reel "Into the Unknown" in 29 Languages: 3m
- Music Videos: 8m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:20 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

19 minutes is a lot for deleted scenes these days especially considering that's not even including deleted songs. I'm glad Disney is putting some effort in this release. Toy Story 4, I think, had about 20-30 minutes of deleted scenes but Pixar has never really given up on their home video releases as the disc art testifies to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:39 am 
Platinum Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Anyway Peter has never been associated with red hair except from with Disney. He has no given hair color in the original but the hair color he is most commonly associated with is blonde. Which is also what we nearly got for him in David Hall's concept art of the film and frankly it suits the character better than Lampwick 2.0. Swapping hair color is nothing new for Disney though because the original Sleeping Beauty was a brunette, Beauty from Beauty and the Beast was blonde (as was Christine from The Phantom of the Opera), Dorothy was a redhead in the first book and then a blonde for all of her other book appearances, and even the Little Mermaid was known for basically any hair color from blonde to black, except for the bright red hair she's most commonly associated with now.

I like a red-headed Peter, but I understand he was associated with blonde hair before. I read the original Sleeping Beauty and I don't remember it saying the princess's hair color. I read the Beauty and the Beast the Disney version is based on, which is the Jeanne-Marie LePrince de Beaumont one, and I don't recall Beauty having a specifed hair color either.

That's interesting about Starfire, and you are probably right it would be too expensive to color her orange all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:59 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I've never read that Sleeping Beauty had brown/black hair in the text either but people always say that and in illustrations and paintings she typically has dark hair so maybe they mean that. There are also many different renditions of Sleeping Beauty, such as Sun, Moon, and Talia (which was the original one) so maybe that is where it is explicitly stated. Especially since that is the Italian version of the story so it makes sense that she would have dark hair.

I'm pretty sure Madame de Villeneuve's BATB (the original one which Beaumont truncated for her own version) states that Beauty is blonde. I remember that anyway when I read it and most old storybooks portray her as blonde as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:10 pm 
Platinum Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I have no idea where this Peter Pan thing is coming from. There was a recent adaptation of the story titled Wendy that cast a young black child as Peter Pan but that's not the Disney version.

The confusion must be stemming from the casting call for Peter Pan that was open to any ethnicity. That's a standard practice in casting notices and doesn't necessarily mean the character will be race-bend. Wendy hasn't been released yet—it's coming out on February 28—and it's from Searchlight Pictures which technically makes it a Disney movie. Brenda Chapman's Come Away which just premiered at Sundance Film Festival also has a Black Peter Pan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I saw the casting call description for the characters (Peter, Wendy, John, and Michael) but I didn't notice anything about open for all ethnicities but like you said, that's pretty normal.

I forgot about the Alice/Peter movie. Didn't realize the title was Come Away. Apparently the actor cast for Peter is the same one who played the Genie and Dalia's son from the live-action Aladdin so that's neat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

"Into the Unknown" (Storyboard to Final Frame Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcgTuVNaoY8

And I'm not sure if these other videos have been posted or not:

- "Into the Unknown" (In 29 Languages): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPmy8RnlCA
- "Into the Unknown" Behind the Scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veoBXRR2qXk
- "Into The Unknown" Panic! At The Disco Special Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnvaFveaqTU
- Global Phenomenon Featurette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkfUJH9YGs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:50 am 
Platinum Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I've never read that Sleeping Beauty had brown/black hair in the text either but people always say that and in illustrations and paintings she typically has dark hair so maybe they mean that. There are also many different renditions of Sleeping Beauty, such as Sun, Moon, and Talia (which was the original one) so maybe that is where it is explicitly stated. Especially since that is the Italian version of the story so it makes sense that she would have dark hair.

I'm pretty sure Madame de Villeneuve's BATB (the original one which Beaumont truncated for her own version) states that Beauty is blonde. I remember that anyway when I read it and most old storybooks portray her as blonde as well.

I have read Sun, Moon, and Talia as well and do not remember her hair being mentioned. It was so long ago I read it, I could be wrong.

I was wondering if you meant that in the earliest version of Beauty and the Beast, the Villeneuve one, she was blonde. Ah, so she is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Exclusive: Watch Olaf sing 'Unmeltable Me', the hilariously hot song cut from 'Frozen 2'
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertain ... 614291002/

Disney Artist Brittney Lee Added Mid-Century Influence to ‘Frozen 2,’ VR ‘Myth: A Frozen Tale’
https://variety.com/2020/film/spotlight ... 203477973/

Box Office: ‘Frozen 2’ Quietly Nears $1.5 Billion
https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean ... 5-billion/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
Box Office: ‘Frozen 2’ Quietly Nears $1.5 Billion
https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean ... 5-billion/

Wow, it might actually surpass The Lion King by the end of its run.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:11 am 
Platinum Edition

That would be amazing. Especially since I don't want to have to hear about TLK film being a caveat every time says something is the best-selling animated film of all time.

Katharine McPhee ~ "Round Your Little Finger"
Christina Aguilera ~ "Say Something" (w/ AGBW)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:58 am 
Platinum Edition

SNL did a Frozen 2 spoof. It's hilarious! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKvDw6cfR3c

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:20 am 
Platinum Edition

i was about to post that today! It is indeed hilarious! The "gay" drops were amazing. The "woke" prince was amazing! But my favorite part was what they said about the plot! It's funny because it's true! lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next