Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:especially the ending which no one here seems to be able to decipher what happened to her when she was frozen or why she was frozen.
I thought it was because "Dive down deep into her sound, But not too far, or you'll be drowned," but because of her ice powers she froze instead... :?:

This is such a super busy weekend for me but I need to watch the Disney+ series; I keep forgetting about it...
You know, that idea could work...buuut I think it is referring to how the Nokk literally tries to drown Elsa as she tries to go to the ice...fortress...thing.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

@Sotiris: I haven't seen it. That artwork is gorgeous though. Frozen is the only 3D film they've made that I'd describe as beautiful although the ocean scenery in Moana and San Fransokyo in BH6 come close. The film's look reminds me of a mixture of Cinderella and Pocahontas, taking the best and leaving the worst aspects of those films' looks, imo. Something about the designs in that picture you posted for the VR short reminds me of the cave artwork at the beginning of FernGully. Also the background behind Aurora in the scene that plays when Fauna gives her the Gift of Song.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've just gotten round to watching Into the Unknown: The Making of Frozen II, and I have to say, it's absoltiuely fascinating, and I wish Disney would allow more documentaries like this for all their animated films ! Specifically for me, Tangled and Zootopia would be amazing to watch as we all know they were changed so much in production etc.

Anyway, what I wanted to comment on was the segment in the series about 'Show Yourself' and how it was such a bone of contention between everyone. For me personally, I think it explained a lot about how I feel about the film; that the narrative wasn't very clear. Time and time again in their 'Brain Trust' meetings, and catch up meetings, you have people saying the same thing again and again, that they didn't 'get' it. Whatever the theme and meaning behind Elsa making her way to Ahtohallan was.

The fact that so far down the line even Jennifer Lee was like 'who is calling her ? Is it her mum ? Is it her own self ?' ... that far down the story process speaks volumes. That they didn't have a clear motivator for Elsa to do what she was doing.... she wasn't always the fifth spirit, it wasn't always her mum, it wasn't always just her. It's muddled, and that's why 'Show Yourself' wasn't working for them, as the storyline wasn't there for them to work with.

The fact that it was the songwriters who decided to weave in the lullaby from the beginning into it, that then made the directors make the decision to have the voice be her mother says a lot. Which explains why I feel a bit like :? throughout it.

Super super interesting to watch that's for sure!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I agree, Atlantica, but what surprises me is that they were willing to be exposed like that, but I like that it's honest, I like when creators are more honest about their decisions with fans instead of making lies and excuses all the time (reminds me of the OUAT's showrunners). I assume that Bob Iger might have wanted this film to be released in 2019, otherwise I could see them wanting to delay it one more year to work on story issues cause not knowing the meaning of your culminating song three months before release is kind of weird.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

https://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Dangerous ... 1368063616

Frozen II: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr now has cover art!
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Peaceful Piano: Breathe — "All Is Found"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjOlwdMonU

Show Yourself performed in ASL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywnOWWfOWM

Rueby Wood Performs “Show Yourself”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LRMNKTzpA
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I rewatched Frozen II today and I usually put English subtitles and I noticed that they write "Yelena", but shouldn't it be "Yelana"? Searching in the internet I see some places referring to her as Yelena like IMDB or Wikipedia, but others like various wikias refer to her as Yelana. I guess the Blu-ray's subtitles is probably the more official source but it's weird cause I always thought it was Yelana.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I've checked the end credits and her name is spelled Yelena there too, so that must be the official one. I thought it was Yelana as well.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It didn't occur to me to check the credits. Thanks.
It actually makes sense because I was always familiar with the name Yelena, the spelling of Yelana sounded weird to me but I tought it might be the same case with other names that sound the same but have a different spelling like Karen and Keren.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The way how Olaf was made during LiG is going to be a short!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/O ... N-20200909
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New image. You can find a hi-res version, here.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087SQ9QS3/
Disney's Divinity

Very pretty. It's nice to see them in their best outfits in the same shot together. :P
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ I really like that shot, as well. Too bad it's not on merchandise to buy (besides that doll box)...

Frozen II wins Top Soundtrack Album at Billboard Music Awards
https://animatedviews.com/2020/frozen-i ... ic-awards/

I know some people have mixed feelings about it, but my husband and I both still play this soundtrack all the time.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Ahead of Frozen Fan Fest, Read an Excerpt From ‘Frozen 2’ Prequel Novel
https://collider.com/frozen-2-prequel-book-excerpt/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Awww! I already wanted to buy the book when it comes out, but that was really sweet, and I added it to the top of my wishlist! Thanks for sharing! :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In the prequel novel Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets, Iduna is retconned into an inventor and another royal couple is added into the mix.
Q: There are also a lot of unique Mancusi additions too. For example, Agnarr’s apprehension about taking the throne and Iduna’s work as an inventor. How did these and other story and character choices come about as part of the planning process?

Mari Mancusi: One thing my editor and I felt very strongly about was that Iduna had to be her own person, with her own hopes and dreams and accomplishments. She couldn’t just hang around, waiting for her prince to come. By giving her a career, she was able to grow as a person on her own and stand on her own two feet, which I think shows her inner strength and perseverance. For Agnarr, I wanted his apprehension to kind of mirror Elsa’s later. Both of them lost their parents when they were young and thus didn’t have a natural transition to power. Both of them want what’s best for their people, but they aren’t always sure the best way to go about it.

Q: Similarly, how do you go about introducing new characters? Do you “trial” characters during the brainstorming process to determine if they are a good fit or does it happen more organically as part of plot?

Mari Mancusi: Though most characters in Dangerous Secrets will be familiar to fans, there were a few new characters introduced in the book: Johan, the inventor, King Nicholas and Princess Runa, some of the townspeople, etc. It’s hard to talk about how they were developed without giving too much plot away, but I do feel like they had to feel organic to the Frozen ‘verse for them to work in the story. I think Princess Runa was my favorite new character to write, as she seems like a familiar trope to start out with but ends up revealing a lot more depth. I could write a whole other book just about her!
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... i-mancusi/
Disney's Divinity

Sotiris wrote:In the prequel novel Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets, Iduna is retconned into an inventor and another royal couple is added into the mix.
:lol: These kinds of books aren't canon though, right?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Frozen II’ Beats ‘Frozen’ For Most Weeks Ever at No. 1 on Billboard’s Soundtracks Chart
https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... ks-record/
Disney's Divinity

That surprises me. I thought the first film had a better soundtrack although I loved this one's, too. I guess it's because "Frozen" is a huge property now versus a breakout with the first film?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

At the end of Frozen, are we to assume that Anna is married, or just engaged to Kristoff ?

I was just thinking that if they continue with making shorts for Frozen, a good episode to cover would be their wedding, surely ? Then for DCP, you can have all of them in new clothing etc, obviously :P

Seems logical to me, unless the shorts solely now focus on sidekicks ?