Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Farerb »

Apparently Sounds is the final episode:
https://youtu.be/ZgL0QI4Ow1U

But didn't they say there would be two hand drawn episodes?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

farerb wrote:But didn't they say there would be two hand drawn episodes?
The EW article claimed there will be two, but the D23 one said there will be just one. It was either a case of miscommunication or Disney changed their minds about the number of 2D shorts later on (their article was published on April 14th whereas EW's on April 9th).
The only difference now is that he has a team, all working remotely, to help launch the first of what will be a total of 20 online Olaf shorts, featuring fresh voice work from Gad. Two of them, EW has learned, will be hand-drawn.
Source: https://ew.com/movies/frozen-olaf-short ... um-osmond/
Fans can look forward to 20 vignettes inspired by a day in the life of Olaf, presenting him in new scenarios and settings, and one will even feature hand-drawn animation.
Source: https://d23.com/from-their-homes-to-you ... e-to-life/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

This is the secend best movie of the Disney revial-era ! :D :D :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Embark on a six-episode journey behind the scenes of the biggest animated film in history with Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2. All episodes of the Original Series event are streaming June 26, only on Disney Plus.
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 7107874819

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAINJlwnZnT/
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

That’s very sweet.. <3

https://youtu.be/evfOzPrzIu0

“I Am With You” Music and Lyrics Written at Home by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Performed at Home by Josh Gad. Directed at Home by Dan Abraham. #AtHomeWithOlaf #DisneyMagicMoments
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

The hand-drawn Olaf short was lovely! :D

I've said this before, but guys, before you assume that all the CG animators at WDAS are anti-hand-drawn and gang up against the remaining traditional animators (where did that rumour come from!?), keep in mind that many of them can probably also animate traditionally and very capably.

Sotiris, can you update us on how many animators at WDAS currently hold the official position of hand-drawn animators? A few years ago it was Eric Goldberg, Mark Henn and a third one (Ruben Aquino? Alex Kuperschmidt? :scratch: ). Not sure if there are now less than three. However, I wonder how much that number would grow if you add to them the CG animators who can also animate traditionally (even if not quite to the same calibre as those aforementioned three).

Even if the remaining veterans leave (which will happen sooner or later) I would love to see what the CG animators can do with their pencils ... if management will let them, that is! :milkbuds:

Oh, and by the way guys ... I still haven't watched Frozen II. :lol: What on earth am I doing in this thread!?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jules wrote:I've said this before, but guys, before you assume that all the CG animators at WDAS are anti-hand-drawn and gang up against the remaining traditional animators (where did that rumour come from!?), keep in mind that many of them can probably also animate traditionally and very capably.
It wasn't a rumor; it was the truth. Dale Baer went on record confirming it. But that was years ago. They're probably over it by now considering there's next to no one from the old guard left and WDAS is firmly committed to computer animation.
Jules wrote:Sotiris, can you update us on how many animators at WDAS currently hold the official position of hand-drawn animators? A few years ago it was Eric Goldberg, Mark Henn and a third one (Ruben Aquino? Alex Kuperschmidt? :scratch: ). Not sure if there are now less than three.
It was Mark Henn, Eric Goldberg, and Randy Haycock. I think all three are still there. Ruben Aquino was laid off years ago. Alex Kupershmidt tried to make the jump to CG animation, but now he's considered part of the 2D crew. In WDAS' last two movies (WIR 2 & Frozen 2) he's been credited as "Technical Animation 2D Lead". Rachel Bibb is a clean-up artist. That's about it.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I LOVED THIS MOVIE.

The best animated movie of last year ansd the secend best movie of the revival era(2007-present)
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I’m glad somebody else liked the film, DisneyFan97. :)

I showed it to my mother recently who loved the first one, and she loved it, too. I didn’t think she would really, since she was more a fan of Anna than Elsa, and this was much more Elsa-centric. But "Show Yourself" made her cry, so... :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Clindor wrote:That’s very sweet.. <3

https://youtu.be/evfOzPrzIu0

“I Am With You” Music and Lyrics Written at Home by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Performed at Home by Josh Gad. Directed at Home by Dan Abraham. #AtHomeWithOlaf #DisneyMagicMoments
That made me more emotional than I was expecting! Super duper cute.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Why did Agnarr have a guard but Anna and Elsa had none at all?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This is a random thought / question, but I was looking through video games today and I can’t help wondering why Disney doesn’t make film-based games anymore? I was just thinking it’s a shame there weren’t games for Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, etc. like there were when I was growing up. And only Tangled and BH6 have received TV series as well… I mean, the games back then were inconsistent at best, but some of them I enjoyed and some I still play just out of nostalgia's sake every once in a blue moon. I remember The Little Mermaid and its sequel had several games including a pinball game on the GameBoy Advance. Where are those kinds of things for the Revival films?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:Why did Agnarr have a guard but Anna and Elsa had none at all?
Are you referring to why didn't Anna and Elsa bring a guard with them into the forest? I suppose they didn't feel the need to with Elsa's powers and Agnarr was a child when he went in there.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote:Why did Agnarr have a guard but Anna and Elsa had none at all?
Are you referring to why didn't Anna and Elsa bring a guard with them into the forest? I suppose they didn't feel the need to with Elsa's powers and Agnarr was a child when he went in there.
No. I was thinking more why there were no guards accompanying Anna in the first film. Even Hans had a retinue.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: Are you referring to why didn't Anna and Elsa bring a guard with them into the forest? I suppose they didn't feel the need to with Elsa's powers and Agnarr was a child when he went in there.
No. I was thinking more why there were no guards accompanying Anna in the first film. Even Hans had a retinue.
A lot of people complained about that but keep in mind that Anna also goes out in the deep snow wearing her ballgown and a flimsy cloak. I'd say it was more a lack of oversight on her part.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Frozen 2’ Composers React to Snoop Dogg’s Viral ‘Let It Go’ Moment, Talk New Olaf Tune
https://variety.com/2020/artisans/news/ ... 234609389/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"I Am with You" is now available to buy and stream.

Source: https://disneymusic.co/OlafIAmWithYou
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Trailer for the VR short "Myth: A Frozen Tale".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOjL0P_-Pk
The quality of the animation looks a bit like that of a video game to me, but I guess it's how VR animation looks right now. The style of the backgrounds is nice, though.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So, Doug Walker, who didn't like this film, said something in his review of it I never thought of before. I may be really stupid for realizing something maybe all of you already knew, but here goes. He said in "Show Yourself", Elsa was bonding with her mother who used to be the fifth spirit before her. I didn't think that was the case either time I watched the film, but if that is the case, I think that does actually make that song and that moment a lot better and more meaningful. I still think this movie is bad, I don't like the whole spirits of the forest thing at all really and the sisters seperating to break the spell and then staying seperated in the end for good (!), but I must admit that does make that part of Frozen II kinda touching. Still don't get why Elsa freezes.