Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by thedisneyspirit »

estefan wrote:
Musical Master wrote:I really appreciate the fact that the sequel didn't repeat the first film, while also being it's own thing without resorting to recycling or trashing the arcs of the characters which many Hollywood movie sequels have been guilty of. :D
And you just know if "Frozen" had been made in the '90s, it would have gotten a direct-to-video sequel where Anna's daughter had magical abilities and then she runs off after becoming frustrated with her mother. She later meets Hans who would have lied about his past encounter with Anna and Elsa to gain her sympathy, all as an act of revenge.

The voice actors for Anna, Elsa and Kristoff would have probably reprised their roles, but Olaf would definitely have been a soundalike.
A Disney product estefan dislikes? Unbelievable. :o
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

estefan wrote:
Musical Master wrote:I really appreciate the fact that the sequel didn't repeat the first film, while also being it's own thing without resorting to recycling or trashing the arcs of the characters which many Hollywood movie sequels have been guilty of. :D
And you just know if "Frozen" had been made in the '90s, it would have gotten a direct-to-video sequel where Anna's daughter had magical abilities and then she runs off after becoming frustrated with her mother. She later meets Hans who would have lied about his past encounter with Anna and Elsa to gain her sympathy, all as an act of revenge.

The voice actors for Anna, Elsa and Kristoff would have probably reprised their roles, but Olaf would definitely have been a soundalike.
The plot for this sounds an awful lot like The Little Mermaid 2’s plot. :roll:
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

I know right? :lol:

Regardless of the flaws Frozen II may have to some people. I'm really glad it's not a repeat of the first film. :)
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:The plot for this sounds an awful lot like The Little Mermaid 2’s plot. :roll:
There's a little bit of Return to Neverland in there, too.

A number of the direct-to-video Disney sequels did end up being about the main character's off-spring ending up the opposite of their parent or taking on their younger traits.
thedisneyspirit wrote:A Disney product estefan dislikes? Unbelievable. :o
Actually, this year alone, I've been rather mixed on Disney's film releases. I didn't care for Dumbo (this especially surprised me, since I'm usually one to stick up for Tim Burton), Aladdin, The Lion King, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil and Noelle. That's a bit of a step down from last year, when only A Wrinkle in Time underwhelmed me.

I may not criticise the Disney films before I see them, but I'm certainly prone to having problems once I've watched the final product put together the way they were intended.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Musical Master wrote:I know right? :lol:

Regardless of the flaws Frozen II may have to some people. I'm really glad it's not a repeat of the first film. :)
I haven't seen it yet, but I agree with you. Even with the soundtrack, I felt the same way--glad that they weren't trying to create a hollow imitation of "Let It Go."

EDIT: I just read that the Frozen II soundtrack hit its first week at #1! :pink: I doubt it'll have as much longevity as the first film's soundtrack, but I do expect it to sell pretty well.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Music video by Weezer, lost in the woods. Hahahaha, I can't. It's too funny, making fun of that segment in the movie :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEWs8D9zu8
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

An unusually large number of movies appeal to me this month— Frozen 2, Dark Waters, Knives Out, Cats. It’s been more than 6 months since I cancelled my AMC Movie Pass so I may sign up for another one and see a Frozen 2 matinee. Then again, it is Saturday...

I definitely have read spoilers for the movie but I don’t know everything like I usually do so I’m pretty proud of myself. The only song I’ve listened to is “Into the Unknown.” I’m encouraged by the reactions people have had to the movie— love it or hate it, people have pretty strong feelings about it thus far and I want to know where I fall on the spectrum.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

WillytheDino wrote:Music video by Weezer, lost in the woods. Hahahaha, I can't. It's too funny, making fun of that segment in the movie :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEWs8D9zu8
So perfect!! My husband said that he doesn't want a live action Frozen since it'll look like that. :lol: We both agreed that it needs more reindeers, but that was great. Panic!'s video was so boring, IMO.
Disney's Divinity

UmbrellaFish wrote:An unusually large number of movies appeal to me this month— Frozen 2, Dark Waters, Knives Out, Cats. It’s been more than 6 months since I cancelled my AMC Movie Pass so I may sign up for another one and see a Frozen 2 matinee. Then again, it is Saturday...
Knives Out does look very good. There was another film I saw advertised, The Good Liar with Helen Mirren and Ian McKellan, but I'm not sure if it's still in theaters.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

saw the movie again today this time in 3d(Real3d) and boy was that a mistake. It didn't look as good as the standard version I saw a couple weeks ago for some reason. The image colors were darker/muted and there was some blurriness and flickering. And I think the image may have been projected onto a screen that wasn't the right size for it(it had black bars on the top and bottom. :? ) The screen did look smaller to me than the other one when I saw it the first time.

OTOH, I was able to understand the movie a bit more though that was probably due to me reading discussions from fans on sites like this trying to figure out a lot of the hows and whys of the plot/story.

some new things I noticed:

there seem to be a lot of characters in this film that just exist for exposition. Mathias, the 3 Northuldra speaking leads, and Olaf mainly.

speaking of Olaf, Ive seen it twice andI haven't bothered to stick around for that bonus end credit scene. Just couldn't care less, he's my least favorite of the Frozen cast...sorry. :shrug:
I thought it was funny that King Reunard dies by that good ole villain death standbye... falling of a cliff, lol. I miss the days when Disney baddies would get impaled by the hero, accidentally hung themselves, blown up by explosives or devoured by their own minions.

I liked the songs alot more this time around. My favorite are Elsa's 2 songs. The worst for me were a tie b/w Anna's solo and Olaf's screamfest.

LITW- everyone's trying to figure out what 80s pop song style this reminds them of, on 2nd hearing I def got a Chicago vibe from it. :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I actually heard that the 3D experience was breathtaking and people were missing out if they didn't watch the film in 3D. Guess I didn't miss out after all lol.

What I noticed is that none of the new characters are really that memorable or have any big part or impact on the film, beyond the four spirits. It's interesting how that worked out since all the new human characters are also POC...

If you like Marshmallow or the little snowgies from Frozen Fever, they factor into the end-credits scene too. A lot of people were very pleased that Marshmallow made an appearance after all in my theater.
We must have the same taste in songs then because my two favorites were also both of Elsa's songs whereas my least favorites were Anna's solo and definitely Olaf's "song" if one could be generous enough to refer to it as that way. Although all the children loved it during my screening so it fulfilled its purpose.
Last edited by JeanGreyForever on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Although all the children loved it during my screening so it fulfilled its purpose.
rotfl
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Marshmallow's alright...never cared for the minio...I mean snowgies.Olaf's song in the sequel was pointless. :milkbuds:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Frozen 2 has been nominated for Best Animated Feature and Best Song at the Critics' Choice Awards 2019.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyFrozen/status ... 3213072384
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Frozen 2 has been nominated for Best Animated Motion Picture and Best Original Song ("Into the Unknown") at the Golden Globe Awards 2019.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyFrozen/status ... 7188850688
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Saw it this Saturday... I'll admit that seeing it in a giant screen with 3000 more people clapping after songs and with the directors of the movie there might (or might not) have made it into a more enjoyable experience, but I quite liked it.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ The directors were there?!? Did they talk at all to the audience?!?
Disney's Divinity

unprincess wrote:Marshmallow's alright...never cared for the minio...I mean snowgies.
I love the snowgies, although Marshmallow was the best of the snow creatures Elsa created. I don't hate Olaf--Josh Gad makes him bearable--even if he's my least favorite of the three. I've never been too fond of his design though. I remember all those years ago when Frozen was still in development and we got pictures of Olaf for the first time, and everyone thought it was a joke. :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm glad Into the Unknown is being nominated but I wouldn't have minded if they had chosen Show Yourself as their Oscar-worthy song instead.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree with a lot of this video:
Frozen 2 Script Doctor

I think she's wrong about the spirits of the enchanted forest not wrecking the kingdom, because I think the spirits did that as well as create the mist no humans, animals, or snow men can get through. But I like a lot of the rest of what she said.