Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Ummm....at least we got 3 Frozen 2 songs today. And they sound amazing!

Other than that....so anti-climatic. Guessing we're getting the gang next month.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Ummm....at least we got 3 Frozen 2 songs today.
Do we know the name of the lullaby song sung by the Queen? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere online.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not going to listen to the songs until my first viewing of the film. But from descriptions, "Into the Unknown" sounds amazing.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Nice movie stills. Still waiting for a full complete cast list.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-foot ... music-d23/
Another clip showed Lieutenant Matias telling Anna that her grandfather never let him take the good for granted, giving Anna advice to follow for the rest of the movie.
Frozen 2 directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee also revealed that the film would begin with a prologue scene, but they didn’t bring the clip to reveal. However, that prologue will help set up the footage.
There's a lot of good info in the article, so I definitely recommend reading it all.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Elsa says she can hear the call, but she won't look for it, will ignore it and wish it would go away but it won't. says the voice is a ringing in her ear, acknowledges the voice but says she doesn't hear it. She walks into the darkness and as the darkness falls, she uses her ice magic to put on a stunning light show that is purely cinematic. "When the river meets the sea, there is a river full of memories."
Sotiris wrote:Beautiful little bit from Frozen 2 has Queen Iduna (Evan Rachel Wood) singing a lovely lullaby to Anna and Elsa
Really? Have you heard the song and seen the sequence?

I liked the new stills, but not the poster, which basically was the previous one used all over again.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Do we know the name of the lullaby song sung by the Queen? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere online.
It's called "All Is Found".
The song, "All Is Found," is one of seven all-new original songs by Oscar®-winning songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.
Source: https://movieweb.com/d23-disney-marvel- ... uncements/

And these are the lyrics of the song:
Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found
Source: https://screenrant.com/frozen-2-d23-foo ... o-unknown/
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Makes me think of this song for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KvmdcAX7Q
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

So the Matthias rumors were true, then? I must say that he looks quite good.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Evan Rachel Wood talks a bit about her character and the songs in the film:
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1165372183587119104
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1165372549976354816

The cast revealed that Kristoff will have his own song in the sequel:
https://youtu.be/agqyOhJntzg?t=17

And Jennifer Lee said that "Some Things Never Change" will be the first song after the prologue:
https://youtu.be/APTpfI4tDq4?t=894

DisneyFan09 wrote:I liked the new stills, but not the poster, which basically was the previous one used all over again.
Yeah, that poster is really uninspired. It doesn't even look like a poster; it looks more like a wallpaper or something like that.
blackcauldron85 wrote:There's a lot of good info in the article, so I definitely recommend reading it all.
Yes, it was quite interesting. By the way, thanks blackcauldron85 for all the things you have shared today. You and Sotiris have done a wonderful job keeping us informed of all the updates from the Disney presentation. :up:
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

D82 wrote:Evan Rachel Wood talks a bit about her character and the songs in the film:

Yes, it was quite interesting. By the way, thanks blackcauldron85 for all the things you have shared today. You and Sotiris have done a wonderful job keeping us informed of all the updates from the Disney presentation. :up:
So, she is confirming that the king and queen do in fact die in the first film...no surprise reunion, huh? (Uh, does this even need a spoiler tag?) This does: She said she guides Elsa/Anna, so is her mom's voice the one Elsa hears?!

You're welcome! I was already going to be on Twitter refreshing like crazy, so of course I shared what I found! Yes, thank you Sotiris for also sharing D23 goodies!!!
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

blackcauldron85 wrote: So, she is confirming that the king and queen do in fact die in the first film...no surprise reunion, huh?
Jennifer Lee said that they were bringing back the parents in this movie for ONE scene. And they also showed us a scene where the Queen are singing to Anna and Elsa when they are little girls..So it doesn’t sound too good for the parents...

They also said that they found a reason why the parents had to journey in the first movie when they eventually met their fate. At this point, one can assure it won’t be connected to Rapunzel’s Wedding ^^’

I was also speculating that the King and Queen’s ship got destroyed at sea by the Nok...
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

As mentioned above, they showed us a clip from the movie featuring the song Into the Unknown and the two scenes that happen right before. I personally wasn’t impressed by the song. Several members from the cast said they were better, but this one didn’t blow my mind away and I remember having a much more better listening to the music of the first movie for the first time.. But maybe in the context of the movie it will hopefully get much better..
Last edited by Clindor on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thank you so much for sharing all these details with us, Clindor! What did you think of the other two songs?
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

You’re very welcome :)

Well, the lullaby sung by queen is just your average lalluby. I don’t think there is too much to say about it.. There is no instrumental accompaniment (or at least not in the two scenes they showed and where it appears). I heard better lallubies in other movies yet there is absolutely nothing wrong with this one. But regarding this movie it doesn’t seem that the point is to make a big musical number out of this one (or maybe in a reprise?): it seems more like a key for the story, a riddle about the family’s magical powers claiming near the end that the answers are in the river...

Regarding Some things never change, I’m a bit shameful to admit it.. but at first I didn’t get it was going to be a song for the movie :| (mostly because they didn’t introduced it as such).. I thought it was something written for the D23 Expo as a homage to the success of this franchise.. :lol: (but yes on the other hand, it’s never a good sign when you’re able to mistake a movie song for something they would have taken a week to write..) BUT in the case of this one, the cast performed it on stage.. No footage was showed. Once again in the context of the story it will probably look better on film.

All I can add is that Jonathan Groff was giving 200% of himself on stage and it was a delight! ^^
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Which lullaby would you say was better - this or Noble Maiden Fair from Brave?
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

farerb wrote:Which lullaby would you say was better - this or Noble Maiden Fair from Brave?
Interesting question.. Well honestly it has been a while since I haven’t listened to Noble Maiden Fair, but I would say this new one has more variety in it.. (musically speaking) it’s a tiny bit longer too... But yeah it’s almost the same kind of song for almost the same kind of scene.

Speaking of comparisons, I’d say Some things never change reminds me of When we’re together from Olaf’s Frozen Adventure. Except it is more slow-paced, and I personally enjoyed the latter more.
Last edited by Clindor on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.