Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Farerb »

I'm less involved with the Disney fandom in Tumblr. Only rebloging a few things here and there and striving for good meta posts (there was a really good one about Ariel a few months ago).

Honestly I feel this wars about movies or "ships" or whatever are ridiculous. I can like more than one film at the same time.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, I forgot JeanGrey, I had seen that link before about exploring the decades with Disney Princesses. It's interesting.

Thank you unprincess! I don't know all that much but what I do know I'm glad you found interesting!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I did not expect that! Hilarious! "Are you Frozen too?" LOL!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

On an episode of the Fine Tooning podcast, bloggers Jim Hill and Drew Taylor (who have broken several Disney-related stories over the years) laid out what they know about the Frozen 2 plot: “It is about Anna and Elsa searching for what actually happened to their parents…they’re going to go beyond Arendelle.”
Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-plot/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, it's about time that we've got some (sparse) information about the storyline. But this plot device doesn't come as surprising, since some people has implied that this was what the movie was going to be about.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I like very much that the plot will have something to do with what happened in the first movie and the mystery surrounding the main characters' backstory.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:
On an episode of the Fine Tooning podcast, bloggers Jim Hill and Drew Taylor (who have broken several Disney-related stories over the years) laid out what they know about the Frozen 2 plot: “It is about Anna and Elsa searching for what actually happened to their parents…they’re going to go beyond Arendelle.”
Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-plot/
I don't mind this plot, but I'd rather it had something to do with Elsa's ancestry rather than anything specifically tied to her parents. Perhaps the parents were going to search out something related to their past that connects to Elsa in some way when they died.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I like that plot, I hope that info is true. I would like that they found Anna and Elsa's parents alive, but even if they really died, I still find the plot interesting.

One of the problems I have with Frozen (apart from the fact that I would've preferred it was more faithful to the original fairy tale), is that the beginning is so cruel. It's already sad that the sisters had to grew up separated from each other living in the same palace, but I think the parents dying is too much. It takes me out of the film every time. From then on it's difficult for me to connect with the story and the characters. And it's just the beginning of the film! I don't know if it's because I don't find it believable that so many bad things would happen to the characters or because I don't want to believe it and subconsciously I choose not to. Probably, a bit of both. Knowing that the parents didn't die would maybe change the way I see the original film. Plus I think Disney has already too many orphan protagonists.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

At the very least when Anna and Elsa lose their parents, they are both relatively older than most other Disney protagonists who have lost a parent. Elsa is 18 anyway, although Anna can still be considered young at 15.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: One of the problems I have with Frozen (apart from the fact that I would've preferred it was more faithful to the original fairy tale), is that the beginning is so cruel. It's already sad that the sisters had to grew up separated from each other living in the same palace, but I think the parents dying is too much. It takes me out of the film every time. From then on it's difficult for me to connect with the story and the characters. And it's just the beginning of the film! I don't know if it's because I don't find it believable that so many bad things would happen to the characters or because I don't want to believe it and subconsciously I choose not to. Probably, a bit of both. Knowing that the parents didn't die would maybe change the way I see the original film. Plus I think Disney has already too many orphan protagonists.
I didn't find it too unbelievable considering there was a long time in-film between the first point (Elsa accidentally harming Anna) and the second (the parents dying). I hope the parents aren't revived, personally.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:At the very least when Anna and Elsa lose their parents, they are both relatively older than most other Disney protagonists who have lost a parent. Elsa is 18 anyway, although Anna can still be considered young at 15.
That's true, and there are also deaths in other Disney films that are much more tragic. But the death of the parents here is not the worst thing for me; it's just the straw that breaks the camel's back. The worst thing for me is that the sisters have to grow up alone, separated from each other and from the world, Anna feeling rejected by her sister and Elsa with guilt feelings and fear. In short, their entire childhood is ruined after the incident with Elsa's powers. It's especially frustrating because it all could have been avoided if the parents hadn't misinterpreted Pabbie's words or if he had been clearer and less mysterious. I actually don't care about the parents so much, though it's sad that they died without seeing Elsa's problem being solved. But it seems to me the sisters have already suffered enough by that point. I know the parents had to die, because they needed Elsa to become a queen in the story but I hope all that had been executed differently.
Disney's Divinity wrote: I didn't find it too unbelievable considering there was a long time in-film between the first point (Elsa accidentally harming Anna) and the second (the parents dying). I hope the parents aren't revived, personally.
Yes, there are only two tragic incidents, but it's not only that. As I said, the worst part for me is all that happens between these two points. If at least the filmmakers had shown the girls had some happy moments during their childhood and that not everything was sad, maybe I wouldn't have such a big problem with that whole sequence. And perhaps it's not so much that I can't believe it, but that I see it as too artificial. I don't know how to explain it, but for me it's a bit like the ending of the live-action Beauty and the Beast when all the enchanted objects begin to die one by one. It was so exaggerated, and so evidently made to make the scene as sad as possible that it made me laugh instead of cry. That, to a lesser degree, is the effect the parents dying in Frozen has on me.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Anna and Elsa probably had many happy times in between being seperated and their parents dying. They just didn't show it.
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: Yes, there are only two tragic incidents, but it's not only that. As I said, the worst part for me is all that happens between these two points. If at least the filmmakers had shown the girls had some happy moments during their childhood and that not everything was sad, maybe I wouldn't have such a big problem with that whole sequence. And perhaps it's not so much that I can't believe it, but that I see it as too artificial. I don't know how to explain it, but for me it's a bit like the ending of the live-action Beauty and the Beast when all the enchanted objects begin to die one by one. It was so exaggerated, and so evidently made to make the scene as sad as possible that it made me laugh instead of cry. That, to a lesser degree, is the effect the parents dying in Frozen has on me.
Oh, I like that scene, too, ha. I can understand the perspective that they pulled on the heartstrings a little too forcefully, even if I don't agree.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:Anna and Elsa probably had many happy times in between being seperated and their parents dying. They just didn't show it.
Yes, I guess they had happy times too. Anna probably more than Elsa, given that she wasn't going through the struggle Elsa was going through. But in my opinion they should've shown a bit of that too, and not only the negative things. They show a bit of the good memories they had together in the Olaf short, but not in the film.

In Tangled, for example, Rapunzel has a very similar situation and there they show that she also had some happy moments in the tower, which made it less traumatic. I think that was a wise choice, especially because it's a children's movie. If Frozen wasn't one, probably I wouldn't have an issue with that. And, I don't know, maybe it's sadder for me because I grew up in a big family. Perhaps people who are only children don't see it as bad as I do.
Disney's Divinity wrote:Oh, I like that scene, too, ha. I can understand the perspective that they pulled on the heartstrings a little too forcefully, even if I don't agree.
Yes, that's part of my problem with that sequence. But I want to make clear that, even though I have some problems with it, I don't hate the movie. There are many other things in Frozen I really like. Anyway, it's interesting to hear other people's perspectives on that particular issue. And I'm actually glad to see others don't have the same problem as me and can enjoy the film more.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

D82, maybe they should have tried to fit the happier times in between the sisters' seperation and their parents' deaths, but in storytelling sometimes you have to keep the mood going until it's right for the next mood to happen, and to only show needed information.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:D82, maybe they should have tried to fit the happier times in between the sisters' seperation and their parents' deaths, but in storytelling sometimes you have to keep the mood going until it's right for the next mood to happen, and to only show needed information.
Yes, I understand that. But if they had wanted, they could've included it in the story somehow. Maybe later as a flashback, for instance.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh. Hm. I really don't know how they could have done it well.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Nothing really new, but Kristen Bell talked a bit about the movie in a TV interview:
"I can say, you'll see the original characters and maybe... more," the actress teases.

She also revealed that there are hidden clues, or Easter eggs, in the "Frozen 2" movie poster.

And while it might feel like "Frozen 2" has been a long time coming, Kristen explains that there's one big reason why it took the writers so long to complete the story.

"They were very concerned with, 'Let's not just make episode two of Frozen. Let's make the next story that needs to be told in these girls' lives, in the life of Arendelle,'" Kristen explains.
Source: https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/articles ... -this-mess

Disney Duster wrote:Oh. Hm. I really don't know how they could have done it well.
Well, we disagree on that, but that's OK. :)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm sure that's also the reason why it took 6 years for Ralph Breaks the Internet.