The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

For anyone with the Pocahontas soundtrack, I was wondering what your input was on the deleted songs "Different Drummer" and "First to Dance."
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Music Group president Ken Bunt talked about the Legacy Collection. He seemed satisfied with how the collection performed. Hopefully, that means we'll get more additions soon.
Q: You just re-released elaborately packaged soundtracks for the most beloved animated films, individually and in a boxed set. Aren't there diminishing returns on what you can do with The Lion King or Lady and the Tramp?

Ken Bunt: No, we're very bullish. There's a huge market for it. It's not just "we're gonna change some colors around and say it's remastered." We're taking the time to go clean up the masters and add historical liner notes and original artwork. We've created a destination online called DisneyMusicEmporium.com, where you can go and get a lot of these collectible materials. And we were selling these at D23, the expo/fan convention we have that's similar to ComicCon. It was fascinating because we had a booth. Maybe some of us started working at record stores back in the day, but if you forget what it's like to work retail, you remember really quickly working a booth all day for 8-9 hours and talking to fans about the questions they have. It was fantastic on multiple levels. You're at a record company all day, working with retailers like Apple or Target or Wal-Mart or Best Buy and Hastings, but to actually be running a store and collecting cash and credit cards yourself, you learn things that maybe you've forgotten when you're in an office.
Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... -interview
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

ImageImageImage
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

He seem to take pride in their new effort to cater to the Disney music fans and collector's market. I just can't see them stop this collection at this point with so many classic soundtracks unreleased.

Hopefully many of the people they met at D23 Expo told them that Disney HAVE to expand on this collection!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Ken Bunt: It's not just "we're gonna change some colors around and say it's remastered."
Oh my goodness, it's almost like he knows what it's like to be a member of this forum...

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Offers
DISNEY MUSIC EMPORIUM SITE FEATURING COLLECTIBLE MUSIC PRODUCTS TO OFFER 30% OFF ON BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY PLUS WEEKLY FRIDAY OFFERS IN DECEMBER.
http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/2015 ... ay-offers/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney's Divinity

Thanks for posting. I think I'll get The Black Cauldron, since I still haven't bought it.

I almost want to re-buy TLM for the Alan Menken signature... I would be able to order the litho, too.... I'll think about it.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Oh, I did not notice the Alan Menken signature! I will get that one for sure, even though I already own two copies of The Little Mermaid Legacy CD with 2 different litographs (D23 version and Disney Music Emporium version).

Also, the cover art on the Legacy sampler vinyl/LP is quite lovely.
Disney's Divinity

Has anyone tried to buy anything with the Black Friday coupon? I tried to put the sale code DMESALE1 at checkout with TBC, but it would only say "the code is invalid."

Also: "Dec. 4: Buy any Legacy Collection album and get a free lithograph (features art from the entire series), one week only, while supplies last."

Does anyone have an idea what it means when it says it features art from the entire series?

EDIT: And now, a couple of hours later, it says, "The code has expired." :roll: What a shit website.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

On the Disney Music Emporium (and the Walt Disney Records) Facebook sites, they both posted a promo picture with Black Friday and Cyber Monday codes. On the Disney Music Emporium page people wrote about how the code did not work, and the Disney Music Emporium page answered that they were working on the case. The picture in question: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMusicEmp ... =3&theater

The same discounts should be available Monday November 30th, let's hope the discount code works then. http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/2015 ... ay-offers/

The litograph are probably the cover for their vinyl/LP featuring one track from each release. See their Facebook site:
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMusicEmp ... =3&theater

But yes, their store is really not the best site. I read on their Facebook page about people having ordered stuff that never arrives or takes forever to get there. And they never inform their customers when release dates gets postponed.

Previously, one could discover that they had a lot more Disney vinyl/LPs if one were to click a link that came up as soon as one had bought something from their page. Vinyl/LPs like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast etc, that did not show up in their store if one accessed it though their main page. I have emailed them about this several times and they said they would fix the issue - I was expecting them to make all their products available on their main site/store. Instead they finally just removed the link to where customers could find these other Disney vinyl/LPs. They are still available to buy - but nobody can find them without having the direct links (I have them if anybody are interested).
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:For anyone with the Pocahontas soundtrack, I was wondering what your input was on the deleted songs "Different Drummer" and "First to Dance."
"Different Drummer" was cute enough, though. "First to Dance" was just meh. Not bad, just underwhelming.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Anyone knows of any concrete plans to still continue this series, and if so when?

I got the complete giftset for Christmas and really love it.
Disney's Divinity

I checked the website a couple of days ago for news, too. Since we're halfway through January with no confirmation, I'm assuming the worst.

Of course, why would they go through all the trouble of constructing the Emporium website and making it so you can only get points on DisneyMovieRewards for CDs by buying from that site if they weren't going to continue releases?
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I checked the website a couple of days ago for news, too. Since we're halfway through January with no confirmation, I'm assuming the worst.

Of course, why would they go through all the trouble of constructing the Emporium website and making it so you can only get points on DisneyMovieRewards for CDs by buying from that site if they weren't going to continue releases?
Exactly. I can't believe Disney would make all this effort making the "Emporium", talking about how they are going to celebrate Disney's vast musical catalogue - and then 2 years after just stop. If the Emporium is going to continue to be operated, they need new releases one would think. And not releasing more classic Disney soundtracks seems just dumb at this point.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Don´t forget that they have released the very big SILLY SYMPHONIES LP BOX-SET since the last LEGACY CD was released.
So if we have any luck...maybe the future will bring something new to the LEGACY line....!!!

But really, I doubt it too :)
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Someone attending Wonder Con asked DME what the chances are for a second run of these, and they said that while they have been selling well, the higher ups were not happy with the sales. Basically, not selling as well as they wanted them to sell.

They said that it's not a complete No, but I honestly think that the line is over.

They shouldn't have stuck to anniversary dates. They should have released them to coincide with big things.

Like Disneyland one with the diamond celebration.
Companions to blu-ray releases...
etc...

But I guess it was good while it lasted.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

they should at least release cds for the most important classic films:

Snow White
Bambi
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Jungle Book
Beauty & the Beast
Mulan

the line feels so incomplete without them.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

unprincess wrote:they should at least release cds for the most important classic films:

Snow White
Bambi
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Jungle Book
Beauty & the Beast
Mulan

Also Aladdin, Hunchback, 101 Dalmatians, and Tarzan
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
unprincess wrote:they should at least release cds for the most important classic films:

Snow White
Bambi
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Jungle Book
Beauty & the Beast
Mulan

Also Aladdin, Hunchback, 101 Dalmatians, and Tarzan
I want a Legacy Collection version of Tarzan! Oh my gosh, yes!
Last edited by milojthatch on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

OH, COME ON!!! :(