The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by blackcauldron85 »

If you say so, my friend! :) :D
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm really surprised they didn't release the Legacy Collection of The hunchback in time for the anniversary. Have there been any news or updates?
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Looks like we're getting it on September 22! Huzzah!

Disney Music Emporium Product Page

Disc 1
1. The Bells of Notre Dame (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Soundtrack Version)- Performed by Paul Kandel and David Ogden Stiers and Tony Jay and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
2. Morning in the Bell Tower (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
3. Out There (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Tony Jay and Tom Hulce
4. The World Outside (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
5. Feast of Fools (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
6. Topsy Turvy (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Soundtrack Version)- Performed by Paul Kandel and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
7. The Pillory (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
8. Humiliation (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
9. Frollo's Judgement (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
10. God Help the Outcasts (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Soundtrack Version)- Performed by Heidi Mollenhauer and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
11. The Cathedral (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
12. Heaven's Light/Hellfire (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Tom Hulce and Tony Jay and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
13. Find the Girl (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
14. A Guy Like You (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Jason Alexander and Charles Kimbrough and Mary Wickes and Mary Stout
15. Escape (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
16. The Court of Miracles (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Paul Kandel and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
17. Sanctuary! (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
18. And He Shall Smite the Wicked (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken

Disc 2
1. Emergence (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Score/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
2. The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Soundtrack Version)- Performed by Paul Kandel and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3. Someday (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Soundtrack Version)- Performed by All-4-One
4. God Help the Outcasts (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Bette Midler Version)- Performed by Bette Midler
5. The Bells of Notre Dame (Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
6. Die Glocken Notre Dames (From the Musical "Der Glöckner von Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Jens Janke and Norbert Lamla and Carlo Lauber and Chorus - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
7. Out There (Demo 1) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken
8. Out There (Demo 2) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
9. Draussen (From the Musical "Der Glöckner von Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Drew Sarich
10. Topsy Turvy (Demo 1) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
11. Topsy Turvy (Demo 2) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
12. God Help the Outcasts (Demo 1) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
13. God Help the Outcasts (Demo 2) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Heidi Mollenhauer
14. Someday (Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
15. Someday (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Heidi Mollenhauer Version)- Performed by Heidi Mollenhauer
16. In a Place of Miracles (Synth Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Heidi Mollenhauer and Stephen Schwartz
17. Hellfire (Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
18. Heaven's Light (Reprise - Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
19. A Guy Like You (1st Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
20. A Guy Like You (Full Demo) (From "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"/Remastered 2021)- Performed by Alan Menken
- John
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Awesome :D Thanks for reporting on this Pasta67! So excited for this release
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay, two pieces of good news in one day! Glad to know it's finally coming.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Where the heck is "As Long as There's a Moon"? Why was it omitted? This is unacceptable! :x
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

:shock:

I simply can`t believe it. It`s actually happening. I thought it was just a vague rumor at first, but that Hunchback is officially going to receive a Legacy release... I`m honestly baffled. And moved.

I like how Quasimodo looks on-model on the cover. Even in painted form.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Sotiris wrote:Where the heck is "As Long as There's a Moon"? Why was it omitted? This is unacceptable! :x
I'm shocked, too. Otherwise I'm really happy with all that we're getting on the tracklist. Thanks for sharing, Pasta67!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

When will it be available on Amazon?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

This is amazing (and shocking!) news. And this is my second favorite Menken score.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Awesome!!!! 2 weeks away! I will order it on their website. Hopefully, Spotify will have it on release day!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

its got the cut film version of SOMEDAY! :up:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Where the heck is "As Long as There's a Moon"? Why was it omitted? This is unacceptable! :x
It's a shame they always leave something out and miss the opportunity to make the definitive version of the soundtrack. Anyway, the album is still quite complete and I'm really glad they made it when it seemed there would be no more titles in the collection.
DisneyFan09 wrote:I like how Quasimodo looks on-model on the cover. Even in painted form.
It's true, and I like the pose chosen for the cover.
Disney Duster wrote:This is amazing (and shocking!) news. And this is my second favorite Menken score.
Can I ask which one's your favorite?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I can't believe it's finally happening! Sadly I won't be able to buy it right now but my Spotify will be hearing this...a lot
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree it should have "As Long as There's a Moon" and that the cover is good.
D82 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:This is amazing (and shocking!) news. And this is my second favorite Menken score.
Can I ask which one's your favorite?
Yes! My favorite is Beauty and the Beast's! However, it constantly switches between that and Hunchback's. Hunchback's used to be my undeniable favorite.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm so excited to hear the previously unreleased parts of the score. And there's a lot of that in this set. Makes me very hopeful that they will include Snow White as well. Maybe next year, for the 85th anniversary.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:Yes! My favorite is Beauty and the Beast's! However, it constantly switches between that and Hunchback's. Hunchback's used to be my undeniable favorite.
I imagined that would be your favorite. My personal one from him is the score for The Little Mermaid, but Beauty and the Beast's is also one of my favorites and may be his best work. Hunchback's score is also excellent and I like it very much, but it's not one of my top favorites, maybe because I'm not that fond of the style of church music it's inspired by.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Quite surprised the set will include two tracks from the Berlin cast recording. But why not go all out and feature the entire cast recording? Fantasia’s legacy release used both the Stokowski AND Irwin Kostal compositions of the film. :?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I pre ordered it from Disney Music Emporium, it's weird that Amazon doesn't have it yet, I ordered the previous Legacy soundtracks from there.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

DisneyJedi wrote:Quite surprised the set will include two tracks from the Berlin cast recording. But why not go all out and feature the entire cast recording? Fantasia’s legacy release used both the Stokowski AND Irwin Kostal compositions of the film. :?

Interesting question. Especially with the Berlin cast recording being out of print for so long, this was a perfect opportunity to re-release them all. Maybe even include another disc for the studio cast recording.