The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Not a Robin Hood fan but I love the cover. Hope they do continue the series after all.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Excellent news, but Robin Hood's anniversary isn't until next year! So it's a peculiar choice.

In that case, Disney should've released the Legacy editions that weren't released last year, hahahahaha! Like Beauty and the Beast, The Fox and the Hound and Hunchback. Aladdin's 25th anniversary is this fall.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, I think they’ve just dropped the anniversary bit. If there are more to come after RH, I'm guessing they'll choose what want they regardless of their age.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Sotiris wrote:Robin Hood is coming in July!

:shock:

SO glad they're continuing the series and giving us more unreleased titles! We should all buy it to encourage more of them.

I hope Sword in the Stone is next.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Sotiris wrote:Robin Hood is coming in July!

Yes! So excited to add this soundtrack to my collection! :D :up:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The Legacy Collection still lives! Oo de lally indeed. :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

More info on the new release.
Available for the first time will be Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection Robin Hood two-disc set. The Robin Hood Collection features the songs and score from the film on Disc 1, plus previously unreleased demos, and bonus tracks performed by Louis Prima on Disc 2. Also included are extensive liner notes by Disney historian and writer Paula Sigman-Lowery. The CD cover and 20-page booklet feature newly created artwork inspired by Robin Hood from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios. A limited quantity of lithographs featuring the back cover artwork designed by Bove will be a gift with purchase [at the D23 Expo].
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... %E2%80%99i
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

The more I hear about this Robin Hood set, the more excited I am! The entire score has never been officially released, so that in and of itself will be a great addition. Huston Huddleston posted demos for "Love" and "The Phony King of England" on YouTube (they're still available, but unlisted), so I'm assuming those will be among the demos included. Hopefully we'll get some Roger Miller demos as well. And the bonus Louis Prima tracks must be the "Let's 'Hear' It For Robin Hood" album that basically was King Louis telling the Robin Hood story using some of the film's existing songs (it doesn't use the Roger Miller songs), plus additional ones by Floyd Huddleston. Since it's just 8 tracks, I'm sure all of them will be included. I'll be at D23 this year, so I'll likely purchase my copy there in order to also get the lithograph.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Cool! I love that cover. This gives me hope, maybe they will include The Hunchback and Snow White after all. :D
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I'm glad this line isnt dead! :up:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Great news!! :up:
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

So great to know they're bringing it back!
Hope they continue with movies that never had their soundtracks released before moving to more known movies.
The cover for Robin Hood is very beautiful.
Disney's Divinity wrote:Wow, I thought this collection was dead and buried.

Between this and Galavant finally getting a complete soundtrack, I’m ecstatic! :D The cover is so cute.
I had NO idea they released this. And just came out on my birthday! Thanks for letting me know.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Yay!!! I haven't bought any of the Legacy Collection CDs, but I'll be picking up this one-- no more ripped-from-DVD songs from this movie!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Robin Hood looks sooooooo cute!

Yay for them continuing this collection!

I wonder why no other films got lithographs though.
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:Yay!!! I haven't bought any of the Legacy Collection CDs, but I'll be picking up this one-- no more ripped-from-DVD songs from this movie!
This. I think the only songs from the film I have from an official release are “Love” and “Oo-de-Lally” in the Classic Disney set. I’ve always low-key enjoyed the music for this film, so I’m very happy with this being made. And it’s another outlier film that seems the most fitting for this line (not that I wouldn’t like all the films to be released through the Legacy Collection).
blackcauldron85

Disney's Divinity wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:Yay!!! I haven't bought any of the Legacy Collection CDs, but I'll be picking up this one-- no more ripped-from-DVD songs from this movie!
This. I think the only songs from the film I have from an official release are “Love” and “Oo-de-Lally” in the Classic Disney set. I’ve always low-key enjoyed the music for this film, so I’m very happy with this being made. And it’s another outlier film that seems the most fitting for this line (not that I wouldn’t like all the films to be released through the Legacy Collection).
Yeah, I have "Love" on, I think, 2 official releases. And at least when I last checked, the songs weren't available for download on Amazon, so, yeah, ripped-from-DVD is has been.

I was looking on the Wikipedia page for the Legacy Collection, and I added the Pocahontas one to my Amazon wishlist. I feel that TLM (both of these films are 2 of my favorites ever) would be a good buy if it had even more demos...I may still get it later on down the road, but it's not an immediate need. I feel that there are a lot of demos/alternate versions (whereas TLM seems to duplicate the same songs, like 2 versions of each demo, IIRC).

I think a THOND Legacy CD would be great, and I know that Aladdin had a good deal of songs deleted. And I would love, love, love, whether through this collection or not, a CD(s) of the package features' songs. I can't believe that that's never been released to CD, especially since Disney released the Silly Symphonies CDs. And I doubt it would happen anytime soon (and I know there's some aversion to Frozen here), but I'd totally buy a Legacy Collection Frozen CD. (Also, if anyone sees this-- for those who own the 2-disc Frozen soundtrack, are the Outtakes full-length demos, or just clips? If they are full-length maybe I just should buy that...)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:(Also, if anyone sees this-- for those who own the 2-disc Frozen soundtrack, are the Outtakes full-length demos, or just clips? If they are full-length maybe I just should buy that...)
They're full-lenght. I finally bought that edition some months ago along with the Moana soundtrack because I found a special offer on Amazon UK. I think it's a good edition if you like the music of the film.

blackcauldron85 wrote:And I would love, love, love, whether through this collection or not, a CD(s) of the package features' songs. I can't believe that that's never been released to CD, especially since Disney released the Silly Symphonies CDs.
I would love that as well! I hope they release it someday.
blackcauldron85

Thanks, D82-- I just added the Frozen & Moana 2-disc CDs to my Amazon Wishlist (I never buy the new Disney soundtracks online because I *need* them the day they come out, but they never have the 2-disc versions at Target).

I also added TLM Legacy Collection to my wishlist-- I was scrolling through the tracklisting again, and somehow before missed that more (non-score) songs are at the end of the CD, too-- so definitely worthy of buying!
Disney's Divinity

I agree, TLM is one of the weaker releases, although I think it has one of the best covers. I wonder if maybe it would’ve got a better deal if it had happened later in the series instead of being one of the first they released. Just as a FYI (if you hadn't already found out elsewhere), I'd say the best thing to come out of the LC version of TLM was the score at the beginning of PoTW that is usually cut out (the tinkling before "Maybe he was right...") and "Poor Souls," the song Benson sings as Vanessa looking into the mirror (labeled as "PUS (reprise)"--incorrectly labeled as being performed by Pat Carroll, I believe). There is a small error in "Happy Ending" though.

They left off all the alternate versions of "Fathoms Below," "Part of That World,'" PoYW (reprise), and PUS. It would've been nice to hear Jodi Benson and Pat Carroll perform those alternate versions, too, sort of like how they have an Ilene Woods impersonator perform the deleted Cinderella songs (Pat Carroll on “Silence Is Golden,” for example, or Jodi Benson on the sad version of "PoYW (reprise)"). I even think it would’ve been nice if perhaps they’d had Carroll/Benson sing material that was exclusive to the musical (like “The World Above,” “Beyond My Wildest Dreams,” “I Want the Good Times Back,” even deleted songs like “Wasting Away,” the “PUS (reprise)” and “All Good Things...”). Also, I remember Professor Ratigan wishing we'd got a complete "PUS" with full dialogue in the middle, and I agree, that would've been fantastic.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Robin Hood now up for pre-order at Amazon