DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm 
Limited Edition

Who are your least favorite characters in Disney? Can you find anything about them to like? If so what? If you want to talk about redeeming qualities in your least favorite films as well go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:43 am 
Limited Edition

Chip n' Dale: I have always disliked this duo, because in their original appearances, it seemed their only reason to exist was to ruin Donald Duck's life. A lot of the worst Disney cartoons feature these guys. They sometimes terrorized Pluto too.

Not all of the cartoons they starred in were terrible. Even a few of their outings with Donald are acceptable, including one that has a valid anti-freeway theme behind it. Another where they defeat Western outlaw Pete was also pretty good. I'm not so familiar with their life as Rescue Rangers, but credit can be given for giving them a role outside the "annoying pest" status they had in the classic era.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:14 am 
Platinum Edition

Jasmine ~ She is very pretty, I guess. (Depends on what version of her we’re talking about though; I don’t like her in the original movie or sequels, but she’s pretty empowered and likable in the TV series.)

Vixey ~ Hmm…?

As far as films--I think HOTR and Brother Bear both have nice animation and pretty good soundtracks. Tangled has Donna Murphy as Gothel, and Rapunzel is an interesting/likable character. Hunchback has Tony Jay/Frollo, the “Hellfire” scene, and Menken’s phenomenal soundtrack.

Probably a few more that I’ll get too later.

Christina Aguilera ~ "Cease Fire"
Christina Aguilera ~ "Light Up the Sky"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:27 am 
Special Edition

Hercules is not one of my favorites because now I just can't get past its cheesiness. However, its one redeeming quality would be that it has a lot of nostalgic value for me. I was six when it came out to theaters and I remember buying the soundtrack and listening to Go The Distance while I was in bed at night, and I also wore a Hercules backpack to kindergarten that year. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 am 
Limited Edition

Horses for my part...

1. Pegasus: I hate, hate HATE when the sidekick mimics or reflects other character. To me, that makes them loose any points with me.

Example:

When Phil is lecturing Hercules and Pegasus does the same thing.

He´s only quality to me is the fact that he´s a pegasus.

2. Buck: The character I hate the most; if not the only one I hate from any Disney movie.

Always over the top and the idea of a horse fighting almost martial arts style is despicable.

Hate him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:04 pm 
In The Vaults

DC Fan wrote:
Always over the top and the idea of a horse fighting almost martial arts style is despicable.

Despicable? The execution was awful, but the idea could have been done in an interesting and funny manner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm 
Limited Edition

Shan Yu- he's got an interesting design, at least the eyes...?

Belle- She's got a great wardrobe, and it is admirable how she sees past people's looks I guess.

Home on the Range characters- They make for good food I guess.

Peter Pan- I do like his voice, however cocky he is.

As for movies, they have their pros and cons. Fantasia has great music and lovely animation, Oliver has upbeat music, Hercules has a fun villain...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:19 pm 
Limited Edition

As for characters:

Kenai- At least he realizes what he's done and regrets it.

Duchess- She's voiced by the lovely Eva Gabor, that's all.

Madame Medusa- The wonderful animation by Milt Kahl makes up for the fact that she's a bland villainess.

As for movies:

The Aristocats- When Scat Cat and his gang show up, that's when the movie stops being such a boring, dull, mess; atleast for a while...

Brother Bear- Really nice soundtrack and the animation is pretty good.

Hercules- The art direction, Meg, Alan's music score, Hades, and the Muses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:52 am 
Limited Edition

Frollo- He has a nice hat, love his hat. Very stylish.

Gaston- Love The Mob song he leads/ sings

Merdia- It's nice that she uses a actual weapon for once, and not something like a frying pan.

Peter Pan-Hopefully he chooses one day to end his childhood and mature, but the moment he's still a little sociopath played as the hero.

Kenai -Realizes his errors and tries to mature and fix things right.

The Trolls- They took care of Kristoff when he had nobody, and raised him like parents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm 
Special Edition

Semaj wrote:
Chip n' Dale: I have always disliked this duo, because in their original appearances, it seemed their only reason to exist was to ruin Donald Duck's life. A lot of the worst Disney cartoons feature these guys. They sometimes terrorized Pluto too.

Not all of the cartoons they starred in were terrible. Even a few of their outings with Donald are acceptable, including one that has a valid anti-freeway theme behind it. Another where they defeat Western outlaw Pete was also pretty good. I'm not so familiar with their life as Rescue Rangers, but credit can be given for giving them a role outside the "annoying pest" status they had in the classic era.

I considered starting a separate thread for Chip and Dale and how everyone else feels about them, because this is exactly how I felt about them. It just got very old and tiresome to see them annoy both Donald and Pluto, and get away with it. Just once, I wanted to see them defeated by either one of them. Can't say the same about Pete though, and surprised that there were not more shorts with them tormenting Pete.

I did like them in Rescue Rangers though, and prefer to remember them in that than in the original shorts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:23 pm 
Limited Edition

thelittleursula wrote:
Merdia-

Written like that, it sounds a lot like "mierda", the Spanish word for "shit". I love it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 pm 
Limited Edition

You know.... I;ve seen the post before, and it always makes me realize I dont really have least favorite characters. WHen I have an issue w a film, they usually go to a whole film, not one character in it.

But if I HAVE to pick a few...

- Mushu: Can't stand Eddie Murphy's performance, but the dragon is BEAUTIFULLY designed...and animated.

- All three Gargoyles in Hunchback: annoying, superfluous characters. But they gave Mary Wickes and CHarles Kimbrough final performances... even though he isn't dead.

_ Flit from Pocahontas: Should not have been there. No diff to the story. BUT.... erm... ugh.... nice colors?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 am 
Limited Edition

Gaston! I hate that guy! Simply hate him! But if I were to chose the things I like about him, I'd pick Richard White's fabulous performance (both speaking and singing). Other than that, nothing comes to mind...

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Maybe I should answer my own thread teehee.

Peter Pan- Bobby Driscoll does a good job voicing him.

Tinkerbell- She is cute and I think a lot of her merchandise looks very pretty.

Flynn Ryder- He is good eye candy despite his sleaziness.

John Smith- He is good eye candy despite his snore inducing personality.

Prince Charming- He sounds nice when singing "So This is Love".

Mushu- His design is cool.

That's all I can think of atm.