Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:So...John Mulaney and Andy Samberg as Chip and Dale? It's great casting and with their voices being redone, this is one of the only celeb re-castings they can get away with it. But, what a slap on the face to Tress MacNeille!:(
So much for the DisInsider's report that the original cast was returning. But perhaps it's for the best they aren't associated with this travesty.
It’s been years since the end of the Rescue Rangers, and Chip and Dale are currently living a life of mediocrity.
This doesn't even make sense since they recently appeared in the DuckTales reboot. Do they even watch their own shows?
Now Chip and Dale must renew their partnership to try and save a friend from a fate worst that death: video piracy.
Video piracy worse than death? :roll: This is not corporate propaganda at all.
D82 wrote:Now I understand blackcauldron85's comment. I didn't completely get what the movie was about in the presentation.
Yes, it makes sense now. Do you think Chip will be 2D-animated? Somehow, I doubt it. He'll probably be CG too, but with cel-shading.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I wouldn't have seen this regardless, but, man, they're really topping themselves with how bad they can make this.
I know, right? :lol: This got to be the worst idea they've come up with in decades.
D82 wrote:I would've preferred a film in a similar tone as the original series.
They aren't just blemishing the show's legacy; they're spitting in its face and running it over with a truck. Do they honestly think this is what fans want? It boggles the mind how no one during this film's development realized how utterly terrible this is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:So much for the DisInsider's report that the original cast was returning. But perhaps it's for the best they aren't associated with this travesty.
I think so.
Sotiris wrote:Do you think Chip will be 2D-animated? Somehow, I doubt it. He'll probably be CG too, but with cel-shading.
That's quite likely. By the way, there's a description of the footage not shown to the general public on Laughing Place's website:
During the presentation, we got to see an animation test for the film, featuring the voices of these two hilarious actors as the iconic characters. The test showed Chip and Dale exploring a warehouse of some sort before Dale stumbled into some boxes. He pranks Chip, making him think his head is missing in a hilarious bit that perfectly shows off the hijinks these two will get into in the film. They are then approached by a big, menacing character with “Polar Express eyes,” voiced by Seth Rogen. After a hilarious interaction with Rogen’s character, they explain that they just want to talk to someone else and he simply responds with an “ok” and walks away as the footage ends.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Thank you so much for posting that; I haven't been able to weed through all the info on Laughing Place!!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:He pranks Chip, making him think his head is missing in a hilarious bit that perfectly shows off the hijinks these two will get into in the film.
:-| This movie is going to have a lot of lowbrow humor, isn't it?
D82 wrote:They are then approached by a big, menacing character with “Polar Express eyes,” voiced by Seth Rogen. After a hilarious interaction with Rogen’s character, they explain that they just want to talk to someone else and he simply responds with an “OK” and walks away as the footage ends.
Oh, I get it. They're making fun of motion capture. But Rescue Rangers is not the appropriate property to do that with! How on earth did they get it into their heads that Chip and Dale is somehow a suitable vehicle to comment on Hollywood and the animation industry?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:How on earth did they get it into their heads that Chip and Dale is somehow a suitable vehicle to comment on Hollywood and the animation industry?
That's what I don't understand.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wow the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit sound awesome!

oh wait...

:roll:
blackcauldron85

Disney’s 'Rescue Rangers' Reboot Set Photo Reveals Filming Has Begun
https://collider.com/rescue-rangers-reb ... sney-plus/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Brian Tyler to Score Disney+’s ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Movie
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/07/25 ... ers-movie/
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That has to be one of the laziest, dullest teaser posters in history. The logo in a black background would have been less embarrassing than this.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85

In the teaser poster, should we be looking into the fact that a Darkwing Duck script is below the C+DRR one?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:That has to be one of the laziest, dullest teaser posters in history. The logo in a black background would have been less embarrassing than this.
I hadn't realized that was a poster. I thought it was just an image they had released. It's true that it's not a very good poster, but I like the idea of the tiny screenplay. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll like its content. It's a shame, I would've been so excited for this movie it it had been more similar to the TV series.
blackcauldron85 wrote:In the teaser poster, should we be looking into the fact that a Darkwing Duck script is below the C+DRR one?
I think it's just like an Easter Egg or a little homage.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Here’s my reaction to the trailer: https://youtu.be/ymUDPTBSFZg

What are your thoughts on it? It’s definitely not what I was expecting, but it is quite intriguing and could very well have a lot of very interesting potential including a very unique take on how they’re approaching the live action remake/reimagining, And this is coming from someone who’s over all loved all the live action Remakes so far, despite the very few that I still haven’t seen :-)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Like it was expected, this looks absolutely horrendous. The meta angle is stupid and tarnishes the legacy of the original, the jokes are woefully unfunny, the characters sound nothing like themselves, the nostalgia bait is pathetic, and trying to pass off crude cel-shaded CG as 2D animation is offensive. This is a new low for Disney.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I agree it looks horrible, but yeah, we already expected that. And it's too similar to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They should've made a sequel to that film instead of this. I'm surprised they didn't change the original character designs more, but the cel-shaded CG looks awful. I hate that technique so much, it looks almost as bad to me as the uncanny valley animation they mock at the end of the trailer. Are all the characters cel-shaded animated, though? The background ones, like the three little pigs or Scrooge, look better than the main ones to me.

Here's also a new synopsis and more info about the cast. Who might be the former cast mate they have to find? Gaddy, perhaps? She isn't featured much in the trailer; that might mean it's her.
In Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Chip and Dale are living amongst cartoons and humans in modern-day Los Angeles, but their lives are quite different now. It has been decades since their successful television series was canceled, and Chip (voice of Mulaney) has succumbed to a life of suburban domesticity as an insurance salesman. Dale (voice of Sandberg), meanwhile, has had CGI surgery and works the nostalgia convention circuit, desperate to relive his glory days. When a former cast mate mysteriously disappears, Chip and Dale must repair their broken friendship and take on their Rescue Rangers detective personas once again to save their friend’s life.

Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers stars John Mulaney (Saturday Night Live) as Chip, Andy Samberg (Palm Springs) as Dale and KiKi Layne (If Beale Street Could Talk). Also joining the cast are Will Arnett (Arrested Development), Eric Bana (Dirty John), Flula Borg (Pitch Perfect 2), Dennis Haysbert (24), Keegan-Michael Key (Schmigadoon!), Tress MacNeille (The Simpsons), Tim Robinson (I Think You Should Leave), Seth Rogen (Pam and Tommy), J.K. Simmons (Being the Ricardos) and Chris Parnell (Saturday Night Live). The film is directed by Akiva Schaffer (Saturday Night Live), written by Dan Gregor and Doug Mand (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) and produced by Todd Lieberman (Wonder) and David Hoberman (Beauty and the Beast), with Alexander Young (Extinction) and Tom Peitzman serving as executive producers.
Source: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... e-rangers/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I hope they don't use that technique for Disenchanted and Tiana, but I fear that this will be the case.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I really hope that too.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I hate that technique so much, it looks almost as bad to me as the uncanny valley animation they mock at the end of the trailer.
Agreed. It's just as dead-eyed as motion capture which makes the joke in the scene ironic.
Farerb wrote:I hope they don't use that technique for Disenchanted and Tiana, but I fear that this will be the case.
It's a done deal for Tiana given the first look we got and the fact it's going to be animated at the Disney Vancouver studio which doesn't have a 2D pipeline. I'm still hoping against all hope for Disenchanted, but given the smaller budget Disney+ projects get, they'll probably cut corners with the animation. It's highly unlikely it will get the same treatment Mary Poppins Returns did. :(