Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Reviving Chip 'n Dale for Live-Action Feature

Post by Maerj »

I'm not really a fan of when they take these classic cartoons and turn them into a live action/cg hybrid. Some of them have been watchable but I don't think that there has been any that I was inclined to go see in theaters. Although, I am probably not the target audience for these films.

On a side note, I've thought that in the parks, they should have life size characters of Chip and Dale. They could be little animatronic characters that could pop up randomly around the parks except when they are needed to be at meet and greets.

How cool would it be if you were sitting on a bench and Chip and Dale pop up nearby and start talking to you?

:lol:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Maerj wrote: On a side note, I've thought that in the parks, they should have life size characters of Chip and Dale. They could be little animatronic characters that could pop up randomly around the parks except when they are needed to be at meet and greets.
You mean like costumed characters? Because they have those for Chip 'n Dale. You can even request to get them in their Rescue Rangers outfits for special occasions.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Avaitor wrote:
Maerj wrote: On a side note, I've thought that in the parks, they should have life size characters of Chip and Dale. They could be little animatronic characters that could pop up randomly around the parks except when they are needed to be at meet and greets.
You mean like costumed characters? Because they have those for Chip 'n Dale. You can even request to get them in their Rescue Rangers outfits for special occasions.

No. I mean tiny animatronic characters that would pop up around the park. You'd be sitting in a tree, then suddenly hear their high pitched speaking, turn around and there is Chip and Dale fighting over acorns. Or maybe even have sound effects and some motion indicating that they, or other characters are there doing something. It's just an idea but I think that it would be fun.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Maerj wrote:
Avaitor wrote: You mean like costumed characters? Because they have those for Chip 'n Dale. You can even request to get them in their Rescue Rangers outfits for special occasions.

No. I mean tiny animatronic characters that would pop up around the park. You'd be sitting in a tree, then suddenly hear their high pitched speaking, turn around and there is Chip and Dale fighting over acorns. Or maybe even have sound effects and some motion indicating that they, or other characters are there doing something. It's just an idea but I think that it would be fun.
Oh, gotcha! That's a cute idea, and I can think of one place where they can show up- in Splash Mountain (at least at WDW, I haven't been to Disneyland), you can see their treehouse while in line. Have them show up there to entertain people waiting for the line to let up!
Last edited by Avaitor on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Exactly! People would love it! I *know* that they could do this.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

... I don't care if there isn't an official sneak peek at this yet. This is literally the dumbest idea ever. :|
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Nah, setting myself on fire would be the dumbest idea ever. This is merely somebody who is clearly a fan of the classic Disney Afternoon wanting to make a movie based on one of his favourite shows on there. No problem with that.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I'm sorry. It's just that I'm mainly worried that they might bastardize something great, kind of like how Hollywood has handled most live-action adaptations of famous cartoons/comic strips these days. :(
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DisneyJedi wrote:I'm sorry. It's just that I'm mainly worried that they might bastardize something great, kind of like how Hollywood has handled most live-action adaptations of famous cartoons/comic strips these days. :(
Listen you are assuming, and there is an old saying that goes like this

First Spell Assume. ASS U ME. When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. At least that's what a nun told my mom in nursing school 30 years ago.

I get your concerns about this, but let's not doom it until at least we see the final character designs, if not a trailer
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JEANYLASER »

8) I love Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers and I can't wait this movie will be awesome for Chip and Dale! 8)
JEANY SANCHEZ
Wiggles

Rescue Rangers Live-Action Movie!

Post by Wiggles »

Yep....they're going there. They're really going there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... rect=false

Thoughts? Predictions? Optimism? Pessmism? Share!
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Rescue Rangers Live-Action Movie!

Post by thedisneyspirit »

There's already a thread for this. :D
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Oops. ^^; My bad.
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Ugh, this again? This whole mess started with Rocky and Bullwinkle and since then they used the same formula over and over. Lame pop culture and needless flatulence humor. I dread to think what they will do with these characters.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Wiggles wrote:Oops. ^^; My bad.
Welcome to the forums. :wave:
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Musical Master wrote:Welcome to the forums. :wave:
Thanks! It's good to be here. :)

Image Image
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

I'd accept a show like Gargoyles in live action because, theoretically, the subject matter for the show would mold well into a live action movie, but not a cartoon like Rescue Rangers. I already dislike the live action Alvin & The Chipmunks movies and the fact that a lot of people I know now only seem to think of The Chipmunks for those movies and not the cartoon characters that they used to be. Some cartoons just shouldn't be made into live action. Being cartoons is what made them appealing.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

Chip ‘n’ Dale, Disney’s classic cartoon chipmunk duo, is being revived with the goal of becoming a big-screen feature.

The studio has picked up a pitch from Robert Rugan, an award-winning commercials director, who is writing an updated take on the characters in what is being envisioned as a live-action/CG hybrid.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ale-676161
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

@Disneyphile: That report is from 2014. There's no new info regarding this project (hopefully it'll remain that way).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Sotiris wrote:@Disneyphile: That report is from 2014. There's no new info regarding this project (hopefully it'll remain that way).
Hopefully instead they do to this property what they are doing to DuckTales. I'd rather see that.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney