DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 219  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frozen: Part V
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:47 pm 
Limited Edition

I wonder if Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez will write for any more Disney movies after this one.

I hope they do. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 pm 
Limited Edition

Musical Master wrote:
I wonder if Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez will write for any more Disney movies after this one.

They might. You never know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:11 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Musical Master wrote:

If FROZEN is a big hit with the movie AND the songs (with Let It Go being a possible front runner for the Oscars), then defientely! I'm actually hoping they're doing Moana after hearing their BEAUTIFUL music for Finding Nemo: The Musical :drool: :drool: :drool: That style (esepecially In the Big Blue World) would fit the Polyneasen theme perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:03 am 
Collector's Edition

More opinions:

Quote:
David S. Cohen ‏@Variety_DSCohen 12h
Saw "Frozen," liked it a lot, but Disney, those giant eyes make your female characters look like space aliens.

Also:

Frozen – A Look at Frozen, the Upcoming Disney Animated Film
http://micechat.com/45396-frozen-look-l ... mated-film

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:10 pm 
Limited Edition

qindarka wrote:
More opinions:

Quote:
David S. Cohen ‏@Variety_DSCohen 12h
Saw "Frozen," liked it a lot, but Disney, those giant eyes make your female characters look like space aliens.

Also:

Frozen – A Look at Frozen, the Upcoming Disney Animated Film
http://micechat.com/45396-frozen-look-l ... mated-film

My older sister and I saw Tangled in the theatres and we thought that Rapunzel's eyes were huge.

When it comes to Anna, it doesn't bother me as much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The thing is, I don't think they're that much bigger than Ariel, Belle or Tiana's eyes. I think computer animation simply draws attention to the eyes in ways hand drawn did not.

The big eyes are not noticeable at all when you look at the hand drawn model sheets of Anna and Elsa.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:51 pm 
Collector's Edition

Brief new footage in Anna and Elsa Mattel dolls commercial. (From the duet, I suspect.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm 
Limited Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
The thing is, I don't think they're that much bigger than Ariel, Belle or Tiana's eyes. I think computer animation simply draws attention to the eyes in ways hand drawn did not.

The big eyes are not noticeable at all when you look at the hand drawn model sheets of Anna and Elsa.

That's true.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 pm 
Platinum Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
I think computer animation simply draws attention to the eyes in ways hand drawn did not. The big eyes are not noticeable at all when you look at the hand drawn model sheets of Anna and Elsa.

I agree as well. The issue lies with the inherent difficulty of translating 2D character models into CG ones and not so much with the designs themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
I think computer animation simply draws attention to the eyes in ways hand drawn did not. The big eyes are not noticeable at all when you look at the hand drawn model sheets of Anna and Elsa.

I agree as well. The issue lies with the inherent difficulty of translating 2D character models into CG ones and not so much with the designs themselves.

Do you think the issue has been reduced with Frozen? I think it was much more prominent in Tangled. It's still there with Anna and Elsa, but I think the translation is working better here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

SWillie! wrote:
Do you think the issue has been reduced with Frozen? I think it was much more prominent in Tangled. It's still there with Anna and Elsa, but I think the translation is working better here.

Yes, I actually do think it's been reduced. I think the reason for that is twofold. First, the animators themselves are more experienced now with these type of character designs and have learned how to "cheat" in certain angles and poses so the models don't look off-putting. Second, it lies with the designs themselves. Glen Keane tends to draw his girls with much larger eyes whereas Mark Henn draws them with slightly smaller, almond-shaped ones which are easier to control in CG animation. And since both of them did draw-overs on Tangled and Frozen respectively, their style affected even more the overall look of the characters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Musical Master wrote:

I don't mind if they write songs for another Disney movie, but I hope they don´t completely replace Alan Menken in future animated musicals from the studio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm 
Collector's Edition

Another Frozen poster.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

D82 wrote:
Musical Master wrote:

I don't mind if they write songs for another Disney movie, but I hope they don´t completely replace Alan Menken in future animated musicals from the studio.

And I hope they don't go and water down his talent on the next film he's attached to. I really think a majority of the music in Tangled (besides I See the Light and the reprise of Mother Knows Best) could have been done way better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 pm 

Last night I read a spoilerific Frozen storybook at the grocery store and have to say I LOVE the story. That is all :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm 
Limited Edition

Warm Regards wrote:
Brief new footage in Anna and Elsa Mattel dolls commercial. (From the duet, I suspect.)

Someone on IMDB found that same video but in better quality and the color tone is really good.

BIG SPOILER AHOY!

Elsa is singing to Anna and the snow has stopped in it's tracks and it might be set in the final part of the movie. :o :o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Q: There’s always cuts in movies like these. Were there any that were particularly painful?

Jennifer Lee: Oh yes. You really have to kill your darlings. There were at least a couple that couldn't make it. This lovely match girl, and this great, funny valet. They just couldn't make the cut. We used to have an army of snowmen at the palace, and that eventually felt like too much. They were wonderful characters, wonderful scenes. But in the end, they just didn't quite fit. The film is what it is, and we hope it’s great. But there’s always those “what-ifs” you have to drop along the way.
Source: http://www.mania.com/mania-exclusive-in ... 38523.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 pm 
Collector's Edition

Here it is: singing Elsa doll!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77790305@N ... 05287@N03/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
Quote:
Q: There’s always cuts in movies like these. Were there any that were particularly painful?

Jennifer Lee: Oh yes. You really have to kill your darlings. There were at least a couple that couldn't make it. This lovely match girl, and this great, funny valet. They just couldn't make the cut. We used to have an army of snowmen at the palace, and that eventually felt like too much. They were wonderful characters, wonderful scenes. But in the end, they just didn't quite fit. The film is what it is, and we hope it’s great. But there’s always those “what-ifs” you have to drop along the way.
Source: http://www.mania.com/mania-exclusive-in ... 38523.html

A match girl must have been a shout out to "The Little Match Girl" which Disney also made a short that stayed true to the original. Plus it was written by Anderson as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, that explains the army snowmen from last year's disappearence.

AND LET IT GO OMG. AMAZING!

What happened to that other verse? I guess The Past is the Past is an actual song?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 219  Next