Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
taei
Special Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by taei »

frankf3 wrote:and here is a review of somebody complaining about the new trailer, especially with the Lion King tagline. Some people just can't be happy with this trailer. It's ironic given how much she complained about the other trailers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5voutBeuO5s[/youtube]

I don't get it.. In her earlier review she mentioned that what she saw wasn't impressive. She wanted more of the classic disney feel.. Now when they release this, she complains that Disney is giving us what we wanted, A checklist of things... MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
She complained that the movie looked "Current" and when Disney released a movie that clearly pays tribute to the classics, she doesn't like it. No Elsa in the first trailer, yet she doesn't mention how much Elsa we got in the second one.. How can she complain about the music, when she had only heard one song? What about Beauty and the Beast? One of the most acclaimed disney movies didn't really have themed songs, with the exception of Be our guest.

She fixated on the whole "Lion King" thing, and as usual.... :glare: misinterpreted what they meant. And apparently, this movie is not sophisticated at all. What about the whole living in fear thing? Or how about the looks on Elsa's face. She wants sophistication, well, she won't get more than that from an animated movie. And I am sorry.. but this movie DOES look epic. Heck, Elsa alone seems to be an EPIC factor in the movie...

But the thing that bothers me the most is the comments.. It pains me to see people writing this movie off just because of a sad misinterpretation..

Honestly, the only opinion who I will now care about is Emma's (http://emmasdisneyworld.tumblr.com) opinions. She's 200% more mature than most of the so called "fandom"
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

The trailer looks EPIC, GRAND, and like the Disney movies I watched while growing up. Shivers down my spine and tears in my eyes!!! THIS is the movie I want to see!!!! EPIC!!!

And the girl reviewing the trailer?! How DUMB can one be?! First she critisizes Disney for using a marketing tactic in which they compare the movie to The Lion King to indicate the scale and classic Disney feels, praising their legacy and then she completely and totally dismisses the ENTIRE movie based on a 2,5 minute trailer. If you are going to review the trailer, review the damn trailer! ANNOYING whiny video. NEXT!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

frankf3 wrote:and here is a review of somebody complaining about the new trailer, especially with the Lion King tagline. Some people just can't be happy with this trailer. It's ironic given how much she complained about the other trailers.

The funny thing is that people actually asked her to review the trailer? Hahaha.

Either way, the trailer is amazing. I couldn't believe that Disney were marketing this movie as the epic Broadway musical that it's most likely going to be.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Oh gosh...she's not even trying to like this! Generic, Broadway music? THIS IS THE MOST DISNEY-SOUNDING MUSIC IN YEARS! And she hasn't heard the soundtrack yet! AND DON'T FORGET, THE OPENING, which will have so much culture! And how does she know that this won't TLK? SHE HASN'T SEEN THIS YET! Ugh.

BTW: What do you guys think of In Summer?
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

disneyprincess11 wrote: BTW: What do you guys think of In Summer?
The only words I could hear were In Summer.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

frankf3 wrote:and here is a review of somebody complaining about the new trailer, especially with the Lion King tagline.
:lol:

Seriously guys, you're giving her way too much attention. I couldn't even handle 30 seconds of her ranting. :p
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

I have one thing to say to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B19HEUmnqDk
phan258
Gold Classic Collection

Post by phan258 »

Wow, lots to catch up on over here :lol:

First of all, it is so awesome to hear that your gf liked the movie, SWillie! Thanks for sharing the good news. How much are you willing/able to share in terms of hints about the music? Specifically I have been itching to know if Hans gets some kind of villain song/reprise, and if Kristoff and Anna have a song together (I think it's assumed at this point it's rolled in with the Troll song). If you can't I totally understand, just happy to hear early impressions are positive! :)

The tumblr drama would be disturbing if not for a) the ignore button and b) constant reminders that tumblr is not the whole world, nor even is the vocal, hysterical side the majority of the population there. Deep breaths is what I tell myself every time I have a knee-jerk reaction to mindless hate, lol.

I'm not even watching that BtT video. Isn't this the same girl who ripped into Frozen like, two months ago when nobody knew anything about the plot? How could anyone find her opinion credible at all? Some people just enjoy being mad all the time I guess. Sounds aging :wink:

As for the latest trailer, I was completely floored and not sorry to say it brought me to tears. Best trailer I've seen in ages, not even with my bais towards liking Frozen haha. Although it sounded like there was some stock bg music thrown in the middle there? Not sure where I recognized it from, and it didn't bother me too much. Anna's song sounds wonderful.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Why would we care about some nobody just because that person is arrogant enough to post videos of herself on YouTube complaining?

The internet has given birth to so many people who get way too much attention. I understand posting reviews from legitimate websites that review Frozen relatedthings, but random people on YouTube and Tumblr.... who the hell cares?

There's always people complaining. We have enough of that even on our forum, why not ignore these nobody's?
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

- " Eww this is so just like Tangled, I'm not going to watch this movie " !

- " Oh my gosh, there's not dark-skinned characters ? " " RACIST IS DISNEY " !

- " BEST MOVIE SINCE THE LION KING ? " " EW NO, THE LION KING IS THE BEST, NOTHING BEATS THE LION KING F U DISNEY " !

_ " Best movie since The Lion King ? " " ewWW no, what about Mulan or Tangled " !?? " Screw you Disney " !

- " This movie nothing like the original tale, this movie suuuucks " !

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

For The First Time in Forever really reminds me of Watch What Happens from Newsies.

Anyone else get that vibe?
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

i would rather pick a Thumbelina or Pocahontas 2 vibe :roll: . Hope i'm wrong. Or maybe Anastasia's Journey To the Past which is so much better :)
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

PatrickvD wrote:For The First Time in Forever really reminds me of Watch What Happens from Newsies.

Actually, I'm strangely reminded of "I See The Lights" from Tangled. (Mainly the beginning where Anna sings "For the first time in forever", which reminds me of Rapunzel singing "And at last I see the lights." )

...Don't kill me. :P
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It's interesting how the song reminds everyone of different songs. It reminded me of "Go the distance" from "Hercules". But only a bit.

I found the lyrics on tumblr:

For the first time in forever
I’m getting what I’m dreaming of
A chance to change my lonely world
A chance to find true love
I know it all ends tomorrow
So it has to be today
And for the first time in forever
For the first time in forever
Nothing’s in my way

Source: http://theprincessofarendelle.tumblr.co ... ver-lyrics

I guess from the lyrics that Anna sings that song the day of the coronation.
tomakpo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomakpo »

Warm Regards wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:For The First Time in Forever really reminds me of Watch What Happens from Newsies.

Actually, I'm strangely reminded of "I See The Lights" from Tangled. (Mainly the beginning where Anna sings "For the first time in forever", which reminds me of Rapunzel singing "And at last I see the lights." )

...Don't kill me. :P
THAT. EXACTLY. When she started "For the first time in..." I thought..."And at last I see the...". But the rest of what we get to hear is quite good for me.
disneyprincess11 wrote:Oh gosh...she's not even trying to like this! Generic, Broadway music? THIS IS THE MOST DISNEY-SOUNDING MUSIC IN YEARS! And she hasn't heard the soundtrack yet! AND DON'T FORGET, THE OPENING, which will have so much culture! And how does she know that this won't TLK? SHE HASN'T SEEN THIS YET! Ugh.

BTW: What do you guys think of In Summer?
It's OBVIOUS she doesn't know ANYTHING about the movie. She only talked about the songs not having any culture (which actually is false), but what about Kristoff being part of the saami culture, the buildings, landscapes...? Did The Little Mermaid had this kind of research ? Yes? Oh, so Frozen does.
I used to like her videos but gosh, now I hate her. She's talking about things she doesn't even know about.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Beautiful Trailer :clap:

Quick question - Is it know if Elsa is addressed as "The Snow Queen" at any time in the film?
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

tomakpo wrote:THAT. EXACTLY. When she started "For the first time in..." I thought..."And at last I see the...". But the rest of what we get to hear is quite good for me.

Same here. The song sounds kinda flat if Im being honest though. Like they just made it up on the spot or something.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Kind of tempted to make a ranting video on youtube now to see if I can get two pages of discussion dedicated to my assuming opinion, as that somehow makes what a random fan/troll says more important. :roll:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

DancingCrab wrote:Kind of tempted to make a ranting video on youtube now to see if I can get two pages of discussion dedicated to my assuming opinion, as that somehow makes what a random fan/troll says more important. :roll:
If it was your first and only video doing something like this, it probably wont make much of a dent. These people have been ranting long enough that they have a subscriber base, however small, to follow them.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Regardless of her followers, her video will not have ANY impact on the success or failure of the film, so my point was that our videos would end in the same result of unimportance that shouldn't warrant so much discussion on a message board. My criticism is to those who link to such videos as if it's anything to get upset over. The same criticism goes for those who let other fans opinions or trolling get to them on tumblr and such. There is NOTHING about these opinions that are elevated above yours or my own. They are just other fans.