DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:15 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 13638
What do you get when you cross Mickey Mouse with Pixar's Cars? A new TV series coming to Disney Junior in 2017.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo04wtgyOWE

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:33 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2512
Eh, I approve of this.

More info here:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationsco ... 7-20150408


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:46 pm
Posts: 144
Location: Disney World
Always a good thing to see more Mickey, but is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse no longer in production?

_________________
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:38 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 13638
Miss Manday wrote:
Is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse no longer in production?

That's right. It finished production in 2013.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:18 pm 
Offline
Super Genius

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 549
Miss Manday wrote:
Always a good thing to see more Mickey, but is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse no longer in production?


I take it you've never watched the fantastic and hilarious new Mickey Mouse shorts. If you haven't, go check them--they're really very funny, well worth your time and way more true to the characters than the dreadful Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

P.S.: Let's also hope that Roadster Racers will be better than Clubhouse and not come off as Clubhouse 2.0.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2512
disneyphilip wrote:
Miss Manday wrote:
P.S.: Let's also hope that Roadster Racers will be better than Clubhouse and not come off as Clubhouse 2.0.


While I can understand Clubhouse was targeted to preschoolers (and in my opinion nothing wrong with that), the new Roadster series has no mention of it being interactive so...good news. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:46 pm
Posts: 144
Location: Disney World
disneyphilip wrote:
Miss Manday wrote:
Always a good thing to see more Mickey, but is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse no longer in production?


I take it you've never watched the fantastic and hilarious new Mickey Mouse shorts. If you haven't, go check them--they're really very funny, well worth your time and way more true to the characters than the dreadful Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

P.S.: Let's also hope that Roadster Racers will be better than Clubhouse and not come off as Clubhouse 2.0.


I've seen a few of the shorts, but I can take or leave them. I wasn't a fan of them throwing canon to the wind (when Donald said that he couldn't sail, and only wore the sailor outfit because of Daisy. Donald LOVES sailing, and always has.) Also not a huge fan of the art style. But again, I can take them or leave them. Besides, they're just shorts -- I like seeing the classic gang getting more than that. Hopefully one day we'll get a real theatrical animated Mickey movie. But in the meanwhile, keeping the kids familiar with Mickey and co. though tv series is the next best thing. :)

_________________
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:47 am 
Offline
Super Genius

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 549
Miss Manday wrote:
disneyphilip wrote:
Miss Manday wrote:
Always a good thing to see more Mickey, but is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse no longer in production?


I take it you've never watched the fantastic and hilarious new Mickey Mouse shorts. If you haven't, go check them--they're really very funny, well worth your time and way more true to the characters than the dreadful Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

P.S.: Let's also hope that Roadster Racers will be better than Clubhouse and not come off as Clubhouse 2.0.


I've seen a few of the shorts, but I can take or leave them. I wasn't a fan of them throwing canon to the wind (when Donald said that he couldn't sail, and only wore the sailor outfit because of Daisy. Donald LOVES sailing, and always has.) Also not a huge fan of the art style. But again, I can take them or leave them. Besides, they're just shorts -- I like seeing the classic gang getting more than that. Hopefully one day we'll get a real theatrical animated Mickey movie. But in the meanwhile, keeping the kids familiar with Mickey and co. though tv series is the next best thing. :)


Please don't discredit those amazing and gut-bustingly funny shorts, which are a TV series anyway. Besides, shorts are what put Mickey and company on the map in the first place, so this is them going back to their roots. Asking to see them get more sounds a bit like asking for too much, even though a full-length theatrical film starring Mickey would be nice.

Also, the art style is amazing and works very well for the series. Get used to it and learn to appreciate it for what it is. Besides, the art is inspired by the styles of Mary Blair, Marc Davis and the other old school artists.

Plus, they've thrown canon to the wind MANY times before. Mickey and friends-related productions do not really follow continuity and they never have. Just about everything they're in is treated as its own separate canon and they have had MULTIPLE canons (the theatrical cartoons, comics books, TV shows, feature films, etc.). Therefore, that complaint is totally moot. Moot, moot, moot.

And the new shorts are still far more faithful to the characters and their true personalities (Mickey is back to being the mischievous imp that he was in the 20s and 30s instead of the bland straight man he was Flanderized into in the 40s and 50s, Donald gets angry, Goofy is goofy, etc.) than the tame, bland, weak, wussy, watered-down, overly-sanitized, anti-septic, Flanderized versions of the characters that were forced upon us in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Heck, one of the shorts even poked fun at Clubhouse, when Minnie was trying on outfits for a date with Mickey and, at one point, she tried on her Clubhouse outfit (pink dress and bow with white polka dots) and decided that it was "too young". :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:47 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 2967
Not bad as far as cg mickey goes. Not the best Ive seen but the rig looks more flexible and the lighting looks more complex than what we had in mickey mouse clubhouse. And the smear frames are a nice touch.

I do have my nitpicks though, the ears look sunken into his head too much, and his lower lip is too thin. And not I'm not sure I'll like the racing gimmick, though I did like wacky racers as a kid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2512
Bumping this thread because the series has premiered Sunday and I instantly loved it! Mickey and friends' next big hit, I must say. :)

FYI, Donald Duck is voiced by Daniel Ross in this series.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2512
Bumping this thread to let you know, the first DVD compilation has been released since March 7th, and 2 more are on the way (July 25th and August 15th respectively):

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... oming-dvd/

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... oming-dvd/

As you can see, Start Your Engines includes the first segment of the half hour show while Minnie's Happy Helpers includes the second. In addition, Start Your Engines will have a yet-to-be-aired episode!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 12501
“Mickey and the Roadster Racers” Retitled “Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures;” Season 3 Debuts October 14
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ctober-14/

The article also mentions a new shorts series, but I'm not sure if it's related to the show...the title is just showing up in searches for this show...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:37 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 13638
Despite the title change, season 3 will be its last.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group