Cruella (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Re: Cruella (Live-Action)

Post by DisneyFan97 »

This interview made me even more excited for Cruella !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srK2AWYizDs

It seems like Craig Gillespie has the perfect senseabilities for exactly this movie. :)

Seems like a prefect director fit even beter than Alex Timbers might have been.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney’s Cruella is currently in production, but that’s not stopping the studio from casting big name talent as Shazam! star Mark Strong has a role in the upcoming film. It is unknown at this time who Strong would be playing, however, we have learned that Cruella’s father will have a small role in the film, so that is a likely possibility. The role of Cruella’s father is known as “The Baron” and is said to have a kind heart and is a good person.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2020/01/03/ma ... n-cruella/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

'Little Joe' Star Emily Beecham On Being In Disney's 'Cruella' & Why Getting A Bowl-Cut Was "Liberating"
https://www.bustle.com/p/little-joe-sta ... g-21808036
Beecham’s role in the film is currently unknown - she’s pretty much sworn to secrecy on the whole thing - but says filming was a dream come true.

“It looks very beautiful,” she says. “The costumes are amazing, very Vivienne Westwood inspired, that London look. And the whole screen quality is quite dark and down. Craig Gillespie directed it who directed I, Tonya and Lars and the Real Girl, so I think he's brought quite an edginess to it.

“There's a real naturalness to the acting and he wanted us to improvise and make up new stuff. There's lots of kids, lots of animals and he's brilliant with the children. I think it will be very humorous.”
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote:
The role of Cruella’s father is known as “The Baron” and is said to have a kind heart and is a good person.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2020/01/03/ma ... n-cruella/
Only to be murdered by a dalmatian in cold blood.

I hope they go full-Batman: ripped string of pearls, Cruella clutching her parents’ dead bodies, cameo from a young Officer Gordon, the whole nine yards.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Only to be murdered by a dalmatian in cold blood. I hope they go full-Batman: ripped string of pearls, Cruella clutching her parents’ bodies, the whole nine yards.
That would be so ridiculous. :lol: I kinda wanna see it now. :P
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Only to be murdered by a dalmatian in cold blood.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I wonder if this movie will get dubbed into Swedish ?? :? Than if i buy the movie on Blu-Ray it's like getting two movies for the price of one !! :D :D :D :D :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tentative logo.

Synopsis not for the movie, but for a tie-in prequel/midquel novel.
Before she becomes Cruella de Vil, teenaged Estella has a dream. She wishes to become a fashion designer, having been gifted with talent, innovation, and ambition all in equal measures. But life seems intent on making sure her dreams never come true. Having wound up penniless and orphaned in London at twelve, four years later Estella runs wild through the city streets with her best friends and partners-in-(petty)-crime, Horace and Jasper, two amateur thieves. When a chance encounter vaults Estella into the world of the young rich and famous, however, she begins to question the existence she's built for herself in London and wonders whether she might, indeed, be destined for more after all. When an up-and-coming rockstar commissions Estella to design him a signature piece, she begins to feel as though she has truly arrived. But what is the cost of keeping up with the fast crowd-- and is it a price Estella is willing to pay?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The logo is not very original, but the synopsis for the tie-in novel sounds somewhat interesting.

By the way, I've checked IMDb's page for the film and there are many new secondary actors listed. Among them actresses Tipper Seifert-Cleveland and Billie Gadsdon who are said to play "Young Cruella" and "Estella (Age 5)", respectively. I also found the following drawing here, which I guess is from a crew gift:

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^ Cute drawing. Makes me think of Mia Farrow for some reason. Still hate the hair though... I think they must intentionally want her to look clown-like with that hairstyle. Evil clowns seems like a recurring image / idea in film right now... Art imitating life, I guess.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I really love the logo, I like the synopsis, and I love the drawing.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I also found the following drawing here, which I guess is from a crew gift.
Thanks for sharing that! I like the fur coat. I think this is the best Emma Stone as Cruella has ever looked, though the bar's pretty low. :lol:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Still hate the hair though... I think they must intentionally want her to look clown-like with that hairstyle. Evil clowns seems like a recurring image / idea in film right now... Art imitating life, I guess.
The tight curls and the length of the hair do allude to a clown's wig. The heavy makeup, even though era-appropriate, contributes to her looking clown-like as well. At least, no one can complain it's not an original look for her. Cruella's never looked like an evil clown before, that's for sure. :P
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I am really looking foreward to this hope it won't be delyad delayed because of the pandemic :cry: :shock: :o :?:
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Is it true Dave Patel has been cast in this movie ? :?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

There hasn't been confirmation about his involvement yet.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

So Dave Patel won't be in the movie ?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

No one knows if he will or won't be in.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney’s live-action Cruella de Vil origin film, Cruella is currently in post-production and only six months away from hitting the big screen but that’s not stopping new casting news from coming. We have learned that John McCrea, who headlined the stage version of Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, which Disney and 20th Century Studios’ has turned into a big screen feature, out later this year, will also appear in the 101 Dalmatian prequel in a supporting role. McCrea’s character details are being kept under wraps but is going by the name, Artie.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2020/10/20/ex ... s-cruella/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mark Strong talks about the film in a new interview:
You’re also in Cruella, which we know is the origin story of the Disney villain Cruella de Vil. Without spoilers, what’s it like to be a part of something like that, where you have a hand in telling the story of such a famous character?

Well, I had a great time. Craig Gillespie, who directed it, I was a big fan of. I loved I, Tonya and I loved Lars and the Real Girl, the films that he made before I got to know him. Just liking the stuff he’d made meant that we wanted to work together, and he asked me to play this part in Cruella. It was fantastic being on set. It’s such a massive production. There are huge fashion and ballroom sequences in it, which are just so impressive. I got to be on set during those days and spend most of my time with the two Emmas – Emma Stone and Emma Thompson. It was just great being able to shoot the breeze with those guys during the downtime, and then play with them, telling this fantastical story that I think people are thoroughly going to enjoy, when the cameras were rolling.

I’m definitely excited and curious about the film. I’ve always been fascinated by that character, and I’m hoping that we’ll get to see the film at some point soon.

What the film does, which is brilliant, is try to throw a light on where the Cruella that we think we know has come from. It’s a development story, as you see Cruella grow into the Cruella de Vil that we know and love to hate.
Source: https://collider.com/mark-strong-interv ... cellation/

UPDATE: In another recent interview, he revealed he plays the Baroness' butler in the movie.
Cruella is supposed to come out next year. What can you say about that movie and about adapting that beloved character that we’ve all come to hate?

I don’t know how much I am allowed to say about it, actually, because it’s not come out. I did my work on it. I spent most of my time with Emma Thompson and that was an absolute joy. I play John the valet. He’s her butler. She plays a character called the Baroness and has a phenomenal presence on screen and wears the most outrageous, amazing costumes. And I’m her sidekick.

I really enjoyed it because it meant I got to be around and chat with her all the time. And Emma Stone was really incredibly hard-working and really very good. I was really impressed with her and Emma Thompson both and was totally impressed with how hard they worked and how much they know their characters. I really think people are going to enjoy that movie.
Source: https://tv.avclub.com/mark-strong-on-a- ... 1845421453
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I wouldn't mind this going to Disney Plus.