Cruella (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney is planning a live action Cruella De Vil Movie

Post by Angeldude98 »

sunhuntin wrote:
Disney Guru wrote:When they have something that is successful they make sequels/spin offs like crazy. Air Bud for example the first one was cute, but they made so many of them yeah puppies are adorable I have 2 dogs that are the loves of my life. But come on. Do we need a 12th air bud movie? lol.
likely using the grandchildren of the original stars. lol

Hmph! I quit on the "Air Bud" franchise after the 5th film, which was the last one to feature the adult "Buddy". The franchise got stupid after that for me. As for the supposed "Cruella" film, I think there are many other Disney villains that deserve the live action treatment and would be more interesting. I insist on "Ursula". "Jafar" would be pretty good too, or even "Hades". Or how about Disney horror with "The Horned King"? Now that would be interesting, though I know that's wishful thinking since "The Black Cauldron" is not exactly a worthwhile and popular film at Disney.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I have this idea that this film will be much more "childish" than intended. I mean, the main leads are dogs, and while that is charming in animation, in live-action it generally means the film's intended for kids.

Unless they drastically change the tone of the film and make Cruella this obsessed Lady Gaga-like figure and we see actual scenes of animals getting tortured and killed in bloody gruesome ways...Which knowing Disney, is something they would never show in any of their films. Don't wanna anger PETA or the kiddies or the soccer moms!

But tbh I'd also be upset to see something like that. :lol:
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

What's next ? Frollo the movie ?

Evil Coachman the movie ?

Chernabog the movie ?

Jafar the movie ?

Scar the movie ?

:facepalm:
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

I wanna see The Coachman: the Movie. Bet you it's gonna be filled with lots of pedos and brothels. :D

Otoh, I've always wanted an Aladdin live-action film. How come nobody was tried their hand at that?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

thelittleursula wrote:What's next ? Frollo the movie ?

Chernabog the movie ?

Jafar the movie ?

Scar the movie ?

With the exception of Scar and evil coachman all are much better choices ripe for reimagining than previously-live action already cruella de vil.

Frollo descends into madness.

Jafar is Theatrical and ambitious

And Chernabog is practically satan, which itself could be an interesting concept no matter the portrayal.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

I can see the "Frollo film" taking lots of cues from the original book in describing his past: his strict upbringing, his younger brother Jehan, etc etc.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

thedisneyspirit wrote:I wanna see The Coachman: the Movie. Bet you it's gonna be filled with lots of pedos and brothels. :D
Whelp......

That completely gives Pleasure Island a new meaning... :embarrassed:

THEY DON'T COME BACK AS BOYS VIRGINS
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney's live-action studios isn't even trying now :roll: :roll: :roll: They defientely ran out of ideas.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Disney's live-action studios isn't even trying now :roll: :roll: :roll: They defientely ran out of ideas.
I blame it more on the fact that Disney is currently the Hollywood studio with the President most afraid of taking risks and is more interested in exploiting brands over anything else.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Dominicboo

Post by Dominicboo »

DisneyJedi wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:An Yzma film....Without Eartha Kitt? :(
I know. A film with Yzma without Eartha Kitt playing her just sounds... Blasphemous. That's like making another Secret of NIMH/American Tail/All Dogs Go To Heaven film with someone else (and not Dom DeLuise) voicing Jeremy/Tiger/Itchy. It can't possibly be done. :(
I agree, but at the same time they made TWELVE Land Before Time sequels after Judith Barsi the voice of Ducky was brutally murdered. Regarding this movie, I'm not sure how it'll turn out. I has potential,but I'm not so sure Cruella is the right choice....I agree that Urusla would be better.
Cruella

Post by Cruella »

I don't doubt Ursula, The Evil Queen, Jafar, and others will have their own movies if this and the Maleficent movie do well. I think this does have an audience. I'm definitely looking forward to it, and I know other Cruella fans who are definitely looking forward to it. 101 Dalmatians has so many continuities as is, the franchise fans are used to that.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

thedisneyspirit wrote:I can see the "Frollo film" taking lots of cues from the original book in describing his past: his strict upbringing, his younger brother Jehan, etc etc.
I can actually see that it could be a really good film if they still retain the dark aspects of the Hunchback movie.
thelittleursula wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:I wanna see The Coachman: the Movie. Bet you it's gonna be filled with lots of pedos and brothels. :D
Whelp......

That completely gives Pleasure Island a new meaning... :embarrassed:

THEY DON'T COME BACK AS BOYS VIRGINS
Oh god....... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Well, so much for her to smoke :lol:
During the company’s annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that films target at kids—PG-13 and under—will “absolutely prohibit” characters smoking, via The Wrap. This extends the company’s policy from eights years ago and now includes Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar productions. So much for Green Arrow possibly cutting loose with a couple drags.

“I thought it was the right thing for us to do,” Iger said, who added that he made up his mind on the matter over the last two days.

Since May 2007, the MPAA has considered the amount of smoking in a film as a rating criterion. Two months later, Disney announced its intention to ban depictions of smoking from Walt Disney Pictures family films. The only exception Iger noted is if a historical character who smoked is depicted.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/bo ... 0eb9e66467
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

So much for Green Arrow possibly cutting loose with a couple drags.
Um.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

thelittleursula wrote:What's next ? Frollo the movie ?

Chernabog the movie ?

Jafar the movie ?

Scar the movie ?

Hahaha, you forgot Ursula or Governor Ratcliffe :lol: :lol: but in all seriousness, yeah, it's kinda sad to see them doing this sort of things nowadays.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

It would be interesting to see a movie about Frollo, but it should be a movie that captured his dark and devious nature. However, I doubt it will happen, considering how PG Disney's "Hunchback" was. I think they've would have made a mixture of "Malificent" and the new stage show and add a human side to him.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

If you think about it, this was the obvious next step. And like the animated prequels and sequels, some may work.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Well, so much for her to smoke :lol:
During the company’s annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that films target at kids—PG-13 and under—will “absolutely prohibit” characters smoking, via The Wrap. This extends the company’s policy from eights years ago and now includes Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar productions. So much for Green Arrow possibly cutting loose with a couple drags.

“I thought it was the right thing for us to do,” Iger said, who added that he made up his mind on the matter over the last two days.

Since May 2007, the MPAA has considered the amount of smoking in a film as a rating criterion. Two months later, Disney announced its intention to ban depictions of smoking from Walt Disney Pictures family films. The only exception Iger noted is if a historical character who smoked is depicted.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/bo ... 0eb9e66467
Oh, come on! I get that Disney doesn't want kids to start horrible habits, but they don't need to bar depictions of smoking! Isn't it the parents' jobs to keep their kids from smoking?
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

So does anyone else want to see Victoria Smurfit play Cruella in this? She is KILLING it on Once Upon A Time. :milkbuds:
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Avaitor wrote:
So much for Green Arrow possibly cutting loose with a couple drags.
Um.

lol, they should have said Wolverine...

oh wait...

nevermind.

:lol: