Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV series)

Post by Atlantica »

Emma and the Charmings !! Yes yes YES !!!

I was worried that Snow and David wouldn't make an appearance as they are both off shooting new shows, but thank goodness they are coming back. Absolutely joyful at the news !
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” Alice's outfit is based on the animated one!

β€” How did Alice manage to survive after Wish Hook couldn't come near her? They must have worked out a rope and pulley system so he could still bring her stuff.

β€” Loved the shout-out to "The Unbirthday Song" and the other homages to the animated film.

β€” I liked the parallel between Alice and Emma blowing out their birthday candle.

β€” How old is Alice supposed to be here? They never mentioned the age she escaped from the tower.

β€” I wonder if that troll is from a specific fairy tale.

β€” The Fremont Troll is in the title card.

β€” Should we start calling them Nook and Nobin now? :lol:

β€” I'm not feeling Alice and Robyn as a couple. I don't think they have chemistry together. But maybe they'll grow on me.

β€” Zelena was the Wicked Witch. There's no way she'd buy that obvious lie. Regina should stop keeping secrets from her. We still don't know the reason she isn't telling her about her about Facilier. Is it out of shame or guilt?

β€” Drizella said she'd rather die than apologize. :lol: I'm glad she's still her snarky, cheeky self. Redemption shouldn't come with a personality transplant.

β€” Drizella is advising Henry to not give up on Jacinda. It's good to know she no longer wants to come between them.

β€” I'm glad Drizella is genuinely remorseful for all the horrible things she did but just apologizing is not going to cut it. For starters, she should try to find a solution for Henry's situation so the curse can finally be lifted.

β€” I still can't stomach Regina and Facilier together. :huh: He's so smarmy and sleazy and their relationship is so cringeworthy.

β€” What is Regina wearing? :o Did she completely lose her sense of style after becoming Roni?

β€” The Frankenstein reference remind me of Dr. Whale. It's a shame we won't get to see him again.

β€” I have to agree with Robyn. Quaint little towns are not all they're cracked up to be.

β€” I'm assuming Robyn tried to go to New York before she run away with Gothel.

β€” Does Robyn know she has a half-brother? I hope they told her about Roland.

β€” Robyn doesn't seem to know what kind of man Robin Hood really was. Robin would never have hunted a defenseless creature, especially after he'd been told that it was gentle and never meant to cause any harm.

β€” Get out of there, Lucy! Such suspense! :biting:

β€” So, there isn't a Robin Hood in this realm? Did Robin's legend just travel from Snow's realm all the way to Ella's realm?

β€” Robyn: "Back off, jerkwad!" :lol: She certainly has a way with words. :P

β€” It looks like Alice was able to conjure the yellow bug just by wishing it so. We know at some point she had visions of the future and she is the daughter of a powerful witch so that makes sense.

β€” How did Facilier not see Lucy? The table wasn't covered by a tablecloth or something to obstruct the view.

β€” Now we know the witch killer is trying to frame Alice. Her being at the hospital at the wrong time wasn't a coincidence after all.

β€” Robyn finally realized what being Robin Hood is really about. :up:

β€” Alice escaped from the tower when she was 17. I did the math. :wink:

β€” Alice being sentimental about the tower that was both a home and a prison to her reminded me of Rapunzel in Tangled: The Series in the scene where the tower gets destroyed. I wonder if that was an intentional parallel or not.

β€” Alice's monologue about still being trapped and not being able to escape the tower within her was pretty powerful and affecting.

β€” There's a gaping plot hole here. In episode 6, we see the tower already destroyed when Henry and Ella were starting to warm up to each other, before they even kissed. Now, they're showing us the tower getting destroyed after they had Lucy. There's no possible explanation for this one. It's just a blatant error on their part.

β€” The troll was created by Alice's wish to be freed. I'm assuming that even though she wished it every year, her wish came true on her 17th birthday because that's when her magic manifested or at least became strong enough.

β€” I wonder if Gothel will learn of Alice having magic and try to use her.

β€” It seems even more likely now that Alice is the Guardian.

β€” The troll turned into the Fremont Troll statue. The curse must have transported it to Hyperion Heights too.

β€” Alice reading Robin Hood and Robyn reading Alice in Wonderland was cute, even though a bit on the nose.

β€” Facilier's after the Dark One's dagger. It seems he wants to kill Rumple with it to become the new Dark One. I have a feeling there's some other reason he wants the dagger. How can Tiana help him get it though?

β€” How can Regina fall for a villain? I'm calling it now: He will either be redeemed at the end or it'll turn out he was "misunderstood" and a good guy all along.

β€” Robyn's cursed name is Margot!

β€” Does Robyn saying "there's no place like home" make her Dorothy too? :P

β€” Since only Ella and Lucy had the white elephant charm to retain their familial relationship under the curse then how come Zelena and Robyn retained theirs too?

β€” That's a wrap! Judging from the promo, next week's episode seems quite exciting!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Great observations, Sotiris! And yes, I finally think the next coming episode is one I will really be looking forward to! Sorry, Facilier and the witches weren't really doing it for me before.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I am so happy that Once Upon a Time is finally being put out of its misery of low ratings for the past couple of seasons. I loved the first four seasons and certain episodes of the following seasons. It has become a chore to watch the show now and look forward to a very busy year at the movies with a ton of new Disney films coming out.

I will miss OUAT like the rest of us, but I think that it wore out its welcome a couple of seasons ago.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 15: promo, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, and stills.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” We start with a flashback back when Drizella and Anastasia were young. It's not clear whether this is before or after they were reunited with their mom.

β€” How on earth did Anastasia find a lantern in the middle of the woods? Does she carry one in her pocket at all times? :P

β€” It turns out Anastasia has magic and was conjuring up the lanterns. That's such a retcon. We've seen her multiple times and she never exhibited any magic powers until after Gothel used magic on her to save her life. Are we supposed to believe she had magic all along but never used it to find her mom or save Ella and herself when they were drowning?

β€” Where is Tremaine? She wouldn't leave Anastasia's body alone with Drizella.

β€” How come Drizella already knew Gothel? Isn't this the first time they met?

β€” A sign of "Flynn's Barcade" in the title card. It's a reference to Flynn's Arcade in Tron. Flynn's Barcade must be a bar/arcade in Hyperion Heights.

β€” Why is Drizella even speaking to Gothel after everything she's done? Shouldn't she be trying to bring her down? Doesn't she want justice for her mother's murder?

β€” Gothel: "I know we've had our differences". That's the understatement of the century. :what: Gothel betrayed Drizella, then tried to kill her, then killed her mom.

β€” Gothel is in search of the Guardian so she can get a hold of the Dark One's dagger. We know from episode 10 that Anastasia has a psychic connection to the dagger so she'll be able to track it down. But what does Gothel want the dagger for? It couldn't be to control the Dark One because Rumple is powerless in Hyperion Heights.

β€” Drizella said what Gothel wants will kill Anastasia. How so? Why would tracking down the dagger kill her?

β€” Both Gothel and Facilier are after the dagger. Is it for the same reason though?

β€” We've learned that Anastasia didn't stay with Gothel after the ritual. Where did she go? Did someone else take her in? Does she know what Gothel did to her mother?

β€” It turns out Anastasia didn't lose all of her magic when Gothel transferred it to the amulet but only some of it. I suppose it makes sense. She did have extra magic within her since she had adsorbed Drizella's.

β€” Operation Bromance? Really? :roll:

β€” Rumple is trying to glue back together Belle's chipped teacup. :(

β€” So, Anastasia was wandering around the city all this time by herself?

β€” From his stature and physique you can definitely tell the killer is a young man. My money's on Nick/Jack being the Candy Killer/Witch Killer. The question is why. We've learned very little about Jack so far. I hope they'll show us his story eventually.

β€” Regina: "If anyone's going to have the pleasure of killing you, it's gonna be me". :lol:

β€” Weren't magic beans supposed to be rare? Even Facilier has one now.

β€” Rumple knows Facilier's after his dagger.

β€” I cringed when Regina compared her relationship with Facilier with Rumple and Belle's. They're really trying to shove down our throats this rushed, mismatched romance.

β€” It's obvious now that Jack is really Hansel and he's hunting witches for what the Blind Witch did to him and his sister Gretel. I wonder if he ever learned that his sister became a witch.

β€” It's going to be Jacinda who'll walk into the bar, isn't it? :roll:

β€” Why does Gothel want Drizella to kill Gretel? What's the point of this? Isn't murdering Prince Gregor enough for Gothel to know Drizella is ruthless and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve her goal?

β€” Well, Drizella's redemption arc didn't last long. :eyebrow: I can't believe that after everything that happened and everything she learned, she was still willing to sacrifice her own sister to save her skin.

β€” Jacinda's right; glass slippers do sound uncomfortable.

β€” Hansel/Jack has an additional reason for wanting to kill witches. He must have learned that his sister was murdered by a witch. I don't think he knows it was Drizella specifically, otherwise we would have come for her first.

β€” Gothel is testing Anastasia like she tested Rapunzel to see if she's really pure enough to be the Guardian. I hope she doesn't succumb to the temptation.

β€” Why doesn't Drizella just tell Anastasia that Gothel killed her mother? She clearly doesn't know if she's still listening to her. I hate it when characters are being stupid for the sake of plot.

β€” How does Gothel get the magic if Drizella kills Anastasia? :scratch:

β€” Why is Gothel displeased that Anastasia resisted temptation? Shouldn't she be glad that Anastasia's pure enough to be the Guardian? Isn't this what she had been searching for all along? Gothel's quest and motivations don't make sense anymore.

β€” I'm glad the sisters were reunited and went home together and that Rumple didn't try to stop Anastasia from leaving despite the personal cost.

β€” Rumple saying that doing good brings him closer to Belle was nice. :)

β€” Apparently, there are more than one Guardians. I bet Alice is the other one.

β€” I told you they'd make Facilier into a misunderstood villain so he'll be worthy enough of Regina even though it goes against his previous characterization on the show. :headshake:

β€” The "twist" of Nick/Jack being the killer was telegraphed from the start of the episode. I highly doubt it managed to surprise anyone.

β€” That's a wrap! Watch the promo for episode 16, here!
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

A recognizer from Tron was on the wall of Flynn's Barcade.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

As always I loved reading your smart, thoughtful, and hilarous live-blogging, Sotiris! I did think Jacinda would walk through the door, but I didn't have any idea Nick was the killer, and that shocked me. I think you, quite smartly picked it out, or maybe I just don't notice things everyone else would? I didn't expect Drizella and Anastasia to leave, either, and that was great, I thought. Not exactly great storywise because it was a little anticlimactic, but a nice thing to see. I, too, liked Rumple saying that about good bringing him closer to Belle. I knew Facilier would become a good guy in the end to end up with Regina. They wouldn't have one of the best good guys on the show (Regina) end up with a villain. I didn't expect him to give her the magic for Henry though! I was touched by that. Gothel and her plans make no sense to me at all. I don't know if the writers have planned out anything or rushed this because of the series ending or something. I also really liked how Jacinda did the coin toss and her delight at it working!

By the way, I have heard that Cinderella's glass slippers are partly to show that she can adapt to "uncomfortable" situations (i.e. slavery to a wicked stepfamily). I don't know if Charles Perrault intended that since glass slippers are also really pretty, magical, and princessy, but who knows. I do think they also symbolize her delicacy.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Have Ginny and Josh filmed their parts yet ? As they seem to be the only one absent from posts by the cast etc ?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 16: promo, clip #01, clip #02, and stills.

Once Upon a Time Preview: Henry's Big Move Derailed by Rumple, While Alice/Robin's Seattle Love Story Begins
http://tvline.com/2018/04/05/once-upon- ... ly-margot/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” We're starting with a flashback to Ella's realm where Wish Hook, Ella, and Henry are on a quest to slay a dragon. This takes places before Henry and Ella got married and had Lucy.

β€” For a moment, I thought that was the human form of the dragon who was trying to trick them.

β€” Henry, you joined the rebellion to overthrow Tremaine and the royals and bring peace and justice to the land. In addition, your girlfriend is Cinderella. You have both a noble cause and romance in your life. How come these aren't enough for you and still feel you haven't found your story?

β€” I'm sure Ella would appreciate any ring you gave her, Henry. It doesn't need a special story behind it.

β€” Erm, Wish Hook's rings don't have a "fantastic tale" behind them, those are trophies from the people he murdered. :eyebrow:

β€” The Jolly Roger's in the title card. How original. :roll:

β€” Has Henry even made more than one episode for his podcast? It's hard to believe it's become so popular.

β€” Nick: "It's that obvious?" Well, day drinking is never a sign of happiness and contentment. :lol:

β€” Nick's upset because Drizella got away or as he calls her "an important client". :wink: We still don't know if he's aware she killed his sister.

β€” Henry should have waited to get the job first before breaking the news to Jacinda. It's not a done deal yet.

β€” Jacinda wants him to stay but doesn't want to deprive him of a good career opportunity so she tells him to take the job while Henry wants to stay and needs Jacinda to tell him not to go. Classic rom-com trope.

β€” Jack/Nick/Hansel is using Henry's book to identify which residents of Hyperion Heights are witches. Does that mean he's not fully "awake"? He wouldn't need a book to know that Ivy, Eloise etc. were witches otherwise.

β€” I like that they turned the idiom/euphemism "Davy Jones' Locker" into a real treasure.

β€” How on earth does Sabine have enough money to employ both Drew and Tilly? She owns a food truck, for crying out loud.

β€” Is it me or were Sabine and Rogers flirting? Before Naveen was brought on, he was supposed to be her love interest. There was even a scene of them going on a date that was ultimately cut. I think those two have more chemistry together than her and Naveen/Drew. Although, maybe that's because they haven't had enough screen time together.

β€” They're making it hard for me to like Robyn. She's acting again aggressive and bratty.

β€” Henry and Wish Hook hiding in the barrels as stowaways reminded me of Miguel and Tulio doing the same in The Road to El Dorado.

β€” Sabine: "He wanted you to stop him. That's why he told you." Finally, someone with a brain on this show! :lol:

β€” It was nice to see Rumple encouraging his grandson and giving him advice. We rarely see the two bond anymore.

β€” Let me guess: the star sapphire of Davy Jones will become Ella's engagement ring.

β€” Well, I didn't see that coming. :shock: Wish Hook had made a deal beforehand with Blackbeard to split the treasure if he'd put on a show for Henry's sake. Their entire adventure trip was a ruse.

β€” Hansel: "Ovens make the deepest burns." rotfl

β€” If Hansel wrote "remember Gretel" in the book, it means he does know his sister was murdered by a witch.

β€” Tilly giving Margot her heart-shaped beignet was too on the nose and the "happy accident" double entendre was a little hackneyed but they are growing on me as a couple.

β€” Henry is finally coming to his senses with the whole adventure stuff and wanting to impress Ella. It took him long enough.

β€” Henry: "I don't need a great story. I just want a great life". :thumb:

β€” Henry's pretty chummy with Nick even though they're supposed to be romantic rivals.

β€” Nick: "Let's go get you everything you deserve". Well, that sounds ominous. This is not going to end well.

β€” The marriage proposal though long-winded was cute. I hope we'll get to see their wedding too.

β€” Get out of the car, Henry! :biting:

β€” I don't think Hansel is going hurt Henry. He's only after witches and he and Henry used to be friends. I believe he's just going to keep him hostage until he takes out the entire coven. No one is going to be looking for him after all since they think he's in New York.

β€” I'm glad Robyn apologized to Zelena for her behavior. Alice has been a good influence on her both in Ella's realm and in Hyperion Heights.

β€” So, Zelena just ghosted her fiancΓ©? She never told him where she went or responded to his phone calls.

β€” Why is Hansel after Zelena? She was never a member of the Coven of Eight. Is he just hunting all witches now? Is Regina in danger too?

β€” Zelena's cursed persona has a last name. It's Kelly West! Fitting since she's the Wicked Witch of the West.

β€” That's a wrap! According to the promo, in the next episode we'll learn why Hansel's after Zelena. How exactly is Zelena the witch who "hurt him the most" when Drizella is the one who killed his sister and Gothel the one who put her up to it? :scratch: I guess we'll find out!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Love your live-blogging as always. Wasn't this a particularly great episode? With the next one also looking great? This episode concentrated on the main people that are left, minus Regina, and it got nail-biting with the danger!

I also thought the man would turn out to be the dragon in changed shape. I think Henry wants to be a hero, in the typical sense of the word. Go put a finishing blow on a villain or save someone or obtain a great reward (other than the rewards of life he already has). But it is nice life's rewards are enough for him. I liked the drama with Henry and Jacinda. Yeah, Sabine having enough money to employ Tilly seemed unlikely. I never thought it, but yeah, Wish Hook and Tiana would be a better couple. I have disliked Robyn form the beginning, but in this episode I actually liked her with Tilly and then how she acted afterward with her mom. I actually thought Robyn and Tilly's scene was really great and romantic.
Sotiris wrote:Get out of the car, Henry! :biting:
:lol: I felt the same way.

Yeah what did Zelena do to poor Chad? That's her fiancΓ©'s name, right?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 17: promo, clip, and stills.

Once Upon a Time's Andrew J. West talks Candy Killer reveal
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/13/once-upon-a ... -spoilers/

Once Upon a Time: Lana Parrilla takes us behind the scenes of her directorial debut
http://ew.com/tv/lana-parrilla-once-upo ... ial-debut/

Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Directing Debut, Bidding Regina Adieu: 'This Has Been a Huge Part of My Life'
http://tvline.com/2018/04/13/once-upon- ... es-finale/

Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla: Directing Was "One of the Best Experiences of My Life"
http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a ... directing/

Once Upon a Time: Robin Hood's Return Is "All of What You Hoped"
http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a ... od-return/

Lana Parrilla Is Making Her Directorial Debut on OUAT, Because She Really Is a Queen
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... e-44743277

What Lana Parrilla Will Miss Most About Playing Regina on Once Upon a Time
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... e-44796743

Lana Parrilla Says Regina and Robin Hood's Reunion on OUAT Will Be Brief, but Satisfying
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... e-44755137
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Last couple of minutes got cut off by Trump announcing missile strikes in Syria. #T#% it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” We're starting with a flashback at the alternate Gingerbread House which is located in Oz, near Emerald City. Since this iteration of the Hansel and Gretel story is set in Oz, how did they all end up in Ella's realm?

β€” Interesting that the Oz equivalent of the saying "there are starving children in Africa" is "there are starving children in Arendelle". I don't recall Arendelle being an impoverished realm on the show.

β€” The Gingerbread House is in the title card.

β€” Poor Chad. Zelena handled this in the worst way possible. Couldn't she just tell him she was going to Seattle because a friend needed her help? There was no reason to ghost him like that.

β€” Technically, Regina was a member of the Coven of Eight. Is she the next target on Hansel's list?

β€” I wonder if they'll ever show us the rest of the coven members. So far we've got Gothel/Eloise Gardener, Drizella/Ivy Belfrey, Regina Mills/Roni, Blind Witch/Hilda Braeburn, Madame Leota, and Dr. Andrea Sage (whose fairy tale persona we still don't know).

β€” At least, there's some logic to Zelena's behavior. She's afraid Chad wouldn't stay with her if he knew her past and knows she'll have to tell him who she really is eventually. She just wanted to delay having to deal with that as much as possible.

β€” I love Sabine. She's my favorite new character this season. We need more scenes with her!

β€” Well, you've got to hand it to Nick. Texting back Jacinda as Henry so as not to grow suspicious was a smart move.

β€” Weaver: "How does it feel to finally be chosen before Regina?" :lol: Oh, you're so bad, Rumple. :P

β€” Hansel and Gretel's dad, Ivo, was one of Zelena's love interests. Was this before or after she met Hades?

β€” I'm guessing Zelena had Ivo killed (perhaps unwittingly) and that's why Hansel's after her.

β€” It was revealed that Hansel was Jack from the fairy tale "Jack the Giant Killer" and not Jack from "Jack and the Beanstalk".

β€” It turns out that Drew is "awake".

β€” I'm really digging this more mature, wiser Rumple. His speech about accepting your past and your mistakes because that's how you know how far you've come was insightful.

β€” I bet it was Facilier who "woke" Nick like he did with Drew.

β€” Oh-oh. Henry shouldn't have told him that Kelly has a daughter. That was stupid of him. Now, Hansel might go after her to hurt Zelena.

β€” Zelena's reference to Candy Crash doesn't make any sense. This was during her Oz years before she went to Storybrooke and was exposed to technology and modernity.

β€” I liked the reference to Zelena's song "Wicked Always Wins".

β€” It's weird for Zelena to call Regina by her cursed name when they're alone.

β€” So, Nick went after Chad instead of Margot because she was under Weaver's protection at the station.

β€” How did Nick know where to find Chad and wasn't he supposed to be in San Francisco? How did he get to him so fast?

β€” Zelena should have told Regina the truth and asked for her help. Haven't they learned by now they're stronger together?

β€” Ivo was being stupid and unreasonable.

β€” Couldn't Nick get a hold of a gun? Are the gun laws in Seattle that strict?

β€” Hansel did find out that Gretel became a witch.

β€” Nick was defeated surprisingly easy. It's tough to believe Zelena managed to outmuscle him.

β€” I'm sure Chad wouldn't be so eager to take Zelena back if he knew she had killed people.

β€” I wonder what Facilier's planning to do with that voodoo doll. He's awful. Regina deserves better.

β€” If Nick knew about Gothel's involvement in his sister's murder, he must have known about Drizella's too.

β€” It makes no sense for Facilier to kill Hansel instead of setting him free so he can finish Gothel off.

β€” That's a wrap! Watch the promo for the next episode, here.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 18: promo, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, and stills.
Q: What can be teased about what Rumple will face in this week’s Once Upon a Time episode and how will it help him move forward with his quest?

A: As you may have heard, Rumple this week gets surprising information about the Dark One’s dagger, and getting his hands back on it will require him to revisit an old rivalry. β€œThere’s an altercation between Rumple and Regina,” Lana Parrilla told Matt Mitovich. β€œShe has something he wants, so they have a little bit of a moment.” Because to cave to Rumple’s demands would put at risk that which Regina treasures most. β€œShe wants to save her son,” Parrilla reminds. β€œThat’s her No. 1 priority.”
Source: http://tvline.com/2018/04/19/greys-anat ... -spoilers/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, what was with the Candy Crush thing? Also, I thought Zelena said "Wicked always wins" from the first time she was even on the show. Saying her sister was evil but she was wicked and wicked always wins.

I liked how Rumplestiltskin said "I'll spin, spin, spin" in the last episode. Kind of showed him going crazy because that's all he could do and it was sad. I don't really like Robyn and I only slightly like Alice a little more. But I liked what Rumplestiltskin ultimately did with the dagger and Alice, and I liked the drama between Weaver and Roni. And I forget, do we know what woke Tilly up?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” We're starting at an ofrenda Rumple made for Belle clearly inspired by Pixar's Coco. This makes it the second Pixar film associated with Rumbelle.

β€” How did Facilier know what Rumple was going to ask Belle? Can he read thoughts?

β€” Can Facilier really hear the dead or was he just manipulating Rumple?

β€” Why is it just now that when Rumple does something bad his skin turns scaly like his imp self? This never happened before. Another retcon is presume.

β€” The title card has the logo adorned with marigold flowers.

β€” Interesting that they reversed the roles of Alice and Robyn. In the fairy tale world, Alice was the well-traveled one and Robyn was the one yearning for adventure whereas as in the real world it's Margot who's been everywhere and Tilly the one who's never been outside of Hyperion Heights.

β€” Isn't lying and manipulating someone considered to be evil? I don't think Belle would have approved of what's Rumple doing to Alice. His attempt to test her might inadvertently expedite his condition and cost him his reunification with Belle in the afterlife.

β€” So, Regina's perfectly OK with her "boyfriend" murdering someone? No moral qualms about it at all?

β€” Facilier conveniently skipped the part where he was the one responsible for Hansel turning into a serial killer.

β€” Why's Rumple referring to Regina as Roni in front of Facilier? They're all awake and know that's not her real name.

β€” I wish Alice would have crushed Facilier's heart right then and there. :twisted:

β€” Now Facilier's calling her Roni too? What's going on?

β€” How come Facilier has so much magic in a land without magic?

β€” Tilly's buzzing head means she's starting to remember who she really is again, doesn't it? Margot's presence must have triggered it. She must not have taken the pills Tremaine described in quite awhile.

β€” Is that an all-in-one potion? :lol: Apparently, it can cure poisoned hearts and locate missing things.

β€” Isn't the Guardian supposed to be able to take in the dagger's darkness without getting affected by its power? Since Alice wasn't getting turned into the Dark One, she wouldn't have gained immortality. That was the whole point of the Guardian. The mythology surrounding this is all over the place. :facepalm:

β€” Turns out the buzzing in Tilly's head was the dagger calling her. I forgot that as a Guardian she has a psychic connection to the dagger. Anastasia had it too.

β€” Is Rumple crying because he realized he wasted Regina's potion and his grandson's only chance at a cure for nothing?

β€” Rumple turning back into an imp makes no sense.

β€” Imp-Rumple is so sad. I feel so sorry for him. :(

β€” Regina rightfully told Rumple off. What he did was inexcusable. Haven't they learned by now there's always another way and they need to work together to find it?

β€” I bet Regina will go crawling back to Facilier's arms now. :roll:

β€” I like how they made Tilly's "condition" a metaphor for struggling with mental illness and how difficult it is to navigate interpersonal relationships. Not to mention how hard it is having to deal with feelings of guilt and shame about letting people into your life. I think they handled it well.

β€” Jacinda is going to have a hard time believing Henry is Lucy's father. The first thing she'll think is that there was some sort of error or mix-up with the blood samples. Henry should ask her to let him take a paternity test to make sure.

β€” That's a wrap! Watch the promo for next week's episode, here.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 19: promo, clip #01, clip #02, and stills.
In β€œFlower Child” (airing April 27), β€œYou find out all of Eloise’s backstory,” shares Rose Reynolds, who plays Alice/Tilly. β€œYou find out why she is the way she is and why she wants more than to rule the world. It’s really good.”
Source: http://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-sp ... eeps-2018/
Q: How will Tilly react to the news that Eloise is her mom on Once Upon a Time?

A: β€œIt’s not a good reunion,” Rose Reynolds offers, revealing that Friday’s hour will unearth Gothel’s backstory as she tries to recruit Tilly into the Coven of Eight. β€œI seem to be the missing link. I have to make a choice between my mother and my father.”
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/26/spoiler-roo ... ernatural/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” Gothel's like Ariel being fascinated by the human world and her mother like Triton forbidding her from engaging with it.

β€” How come wood nymphs don't get to have pretty dresses like humans do? That makes no sense. :? Are dresses and fabric all that interested Gothel from the human world?

β€” A carriage is in the title card.

β€” Henry: "Have you ever been to Cabo?" :lol:

β€” At least Jacinda realizes that this is crazy talk.

β€” Jacinda, dump him! The boy's cray-cray! :P

β€” How on earth did the desk Sargent manage to awaken the coven members? Isn't magic required to do that?

β€” How come there are seven witches left in the coven? Without Drizella/Ivy, Blind Witch/Hilda, Regina/Roni, Gothel/Eloise, Madame Leota, and Dr. Sage, there should have only been two left.

β€” Is Gothel's mother the Spring Sprite from Fantasia 2000? The color green and the butterflies in her hair is reminiscent of her.

β€” All of the villains so far, Rumple, Cora, Fiona, Regina, Zelena, were shown to care about their children. At least in their own, misguided way. Even Pan did before his wife died. Only Gothel never seemed to care at all from the start.

β€” Gothel making a flower grow reminded me of a similar scene in The Firebird Suite.

β€” The Regina George wannabe turned out to be a total bitch. Why am I not surprised? :roll:

β€” I bet Gothel's going to go all Carrie on them.

β€” Gothel's kind of right about humanity. Humans do work parasitically with their environment instead of symbiotically like other life forms.

β€” What does Gothel need Robyn's blood for?

β€” Henry has gone off the deep end! :lol:

β€” Are the mushroom stickers on Rogers' car a nod to Wonderland?

β€” Yikes! The humans wiped out Gothel's entire family. No wonder she turned evil.

β€” Mother Gothel = Mother Nature

β€” I'm impressed they managed to include both an environmental and an anti-discrimination message with Gothel's backstory.

β€” Saraphina was the first witch to join Gothel's coven.

β€” We got to find out the origins of the Land Without Magic. Apparently, magic existed in every realm until the humans snuffed it out.

β€” Well, this is strange. Henry and Ella's True Love Kiss didn't break the curse.

β€” That's a wrap! The episode ended on quite a cliffhanger. Watch the promo for next week's episode, here.