Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV series)

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Riverdale's Tiera Skovbye is going to be Robin (Zelena/Robin Hood's daughter) and it sounds like she's the love interest of Tilly/Alice.
Glad to see they're moving with the babies

http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/once-upon- ... ter-robin/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That explains where Zelena comes into the picture. I still remember back in Season 5 when people were predicting that young Herc and Meg were supposed to be baby Neal and Robin. Speaking of baby Neal, are there any plans for him?
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Nathan Parsons has been added to the cast and will serve as a love interest to one of the female characters.
Nathan Parsons will play Nick, a confident and charismatic slacker-turned-successful-lawyer. He’s polished, but not stuffy or smarmy. A natural guy’s guy, Nick has an instant likability and always says the right thing. Rumor has it he’ll be playing a potential love interest for one of our cast.

The actor, whose credits also include True Blood and General Hospital, will first appear in episode 708, which is slated to air Nov. 17.
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/02/once-upon-a ... n-parsons/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

— The Witch character is intriguing. It's not clear yet if she's a friend or foe.

— I wonder what her special brew of tea is and why she needs it so badly. Is it magical? Does it keep her young?

— The references to herbs, weeds, and roots make me feel she has a connection to Gothel who in the original fairytale cultivated her own garden.

— I love Drizella's outfit and hair styling. It gives off an Evil Queen vibe.

— The missing girl's name is Eloise Gardener which is the title of episode 7. The reference to garden and the sketch of a tower are strong clues that Wish Hook's daughter is Rapunzel. Unless, of course, they're used as a red herring.

— Roni's killing it with the motherly advice lately.

— Sabine's so cute and funny! Mekia Cox's performance is spot on.

— Pleasure Island Cabaret. Classy! :wink:

— I love how they incorporated Ray as the logo.

— I liked the nod to Dr. Facilier's song "Friends on the Other Side".

— This is too much of a coincidence. Prince Marius must be in cahoots with Facilier.

— Is his name Marius or Robert? :? Both of those are first names.

:lol: at Victoria orgasming over a beignet.

— Victoria called someone named Ralph to "wreck it". An intentional reference to Wreck-It Ralph?

— Was arson really necessary? All Victoria had to do was call the cops on Jacinda and Tiana for selling food without permit and through someone else's restaurant no less. That can't be legal.

— So, Eudora was a princess who married a commoner. That's why Tiana is a princess by birth.

— Marius: "I'm a man and my love is...a frog". :lol: Talk about taboo love. :P

— This episode should have been called "The Princess and the Frog: The Making of a Warrior".

— Jacinda is not a very good friend. Way to kick Sabine when she's down. Did she forget Sabine had always been there for her?

— Roni kinda crossed the line here. It's one thing to offer advice, it's another to invade someone's privacy and meddle in their life. Especially since in this world she barely knows Henry. But even if she knew she was his mother, it still wouldn't be OK. Henry's a big boy. He can make his own decisions.

— Did Facilier imply that James won over Eudora through the use of magic?

— I wonder how Facilier ended up with one foot on the other side, to begin with?

— I'm glad Jacinda came to her senses. Friendship is a two-way street.

— I suppose this is the show's twist on The Frog Prince tale. How did a frog become a man, in the first place though? Wouldn't it be more preferable if his love had become human too instead of both of them staying as frogs? The frog life can't be very glamorous.

— It's pretty obvious by now they're intending on Wish Hook being Tiana's love interest. There was also a scene from episode 3 where Sabine/Rogers were flirting on a bench that got edited out.

— The thug who warns someone that Rogers is looking for the missing girl looks like he could be one of the Stabbington Brothers.

— I loved the plot twist at the end. Drizella is "awake" and teamed up with the Witch to double-cross both our heroes and Lady Tremaine. She sees the Witch as a mother figure. I get the feeling that the Witch is playing Drizella and she's the one truly in charge. This development has a lot of potential.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea Drizella looked like the Evil Queen at the auction.

I was thinking Mother Gothel with the tea (and because you guessed her earlier).

I sort of like Tiana but am also kind aehh about her. The only characters I really like are Regina, Henry, Hook, and Lady Tremaine. She's such a bitch! She orgasms over that beignet, clearly loving it, and then she thinks "I have to destroy it!"

I loved how they were speaking French in Tiana's kingdom to keep the New Orleans! But I wanna see Naveen!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:She orgasms over that beignet, clearly loving it, and then she thinks "I have to destroy it!"
It's more like "This is so good it will make Sabine and Jacinda's business venture a success. I have to destroy them!" :wink:
Disney Duster wrote:I loved how they were speaking French in Tiana's kingdom to keep the New Orleans!
I liked that too.
Disney Duster wrote:But I wanna see Naveen!
Then I have good news for you!
Q: Is there any chance Naveen from The Princess and the Frog could pop up in Once Upon a Time Season 7?

A: Indeed, the ABC series is currently seeking a thirtysomething African-American to fill the role of Naveen, a fun-loving adventurer who hides a tragic past. Series co-creator Adam Horowitz told Matt Mitovich we’ll meet Tiana’s would-be prince in the second half of the season.
Source: http://tvline.com/2017/11/03/greys-anat ... ew-doctor/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris wrote:It's more like "This is so good it will make Sabine and Jacinda's business venture a success. I have to destroy them!" :wink:
Yea you're right.

Good news about Naveen! But I thought he was a different ethnicity than African American. I know his voice actor is Brazilian. It's ok if he's black I guess since they change ethnicities all the time. I guess I wish if a character is supposed to be a certain ethnicity, they are that (like Nordic people *cough* the Thor movies *cough* Frozen the musical).

Hey, am I the only one who finds it odd Victoria is so hard on Ivy but not Anastasia? I know she said "not all daughters are created equal", and that Anastasia's death may make her more sympathetic, especially if she didn't grow up to dissapoint her like Ivy does, but I just find it a little weird she's so mean to one daughter but willing to do anything for the other.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 6: promo #01, promo #02, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, clip #04, and stills.
“We’re very excited about [Episode 6],” Once co-creator Eddy Kitsis tells TVLine. “It’s going to be a fun one. There are going to be some big reveals” in this Friday’s “Wake Up Call” episode, says the EP. “What we’re really excited about,” Kitsis added, “is that the flashback is a Regina/Drizella story.”

What brings Regina and Lady Tremaine’s second-favorite daughter together in the other realm? Per ABC’s logline, Regina — feeling like a third wheel as Henry and Cinderella’s relationship strengthens — finds herself needed by Drizella, who is searching for magic. But when a brutal truth is revealed, it could lead Drizella down a dangerous path. Meanwhile in Hyperion Heights, Roni seeks Weaver’s help in finding answers, while Tilly offers Detective Rogers some intriguing advice concerning the missing Eloise Gardener.
Source: https://tvline.com/2017/11/06/once-upon ... flashback/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

On whether the Witch is really Mother Gothel, Edward Kitsis said "We haven't said that, but that certainly seems like a good guess to me."

I'm thinking this might not be the case now that one of the showrunners pretty much confirmed it. It must be misdirection. Could she be a version of Rapunzel then?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I doubt she's Rapunzel. ;)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:I doubt she's Rapunzel.
I meant like incorporating elements of both Gothel and Rapunzel's character into one person. We already know she's being held captive in a tower. They did something similar with Ursula's story during the Queens of Darkness arc who had both elements of the villain and of Ariel (e.g. the stolen voice, the rift with her father, a physical transformation etc).
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info on Zelena's return.
Q: What can you tease for Zelena’s return to Once Upon a Time?

A: Hmm, let’s say you’ll first see her in a place that’s very unexpected. But the reason she returns is far less so. “In times of crisis, you reach out for family,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “Regina’s going to need her sister coming up.” Adds EP Adam Horowitz: “It’s about the strength of the sisters. That relationship becomes front and center and entirely important.”
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/09/spoiler-roo ... supergirl/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We have our first look of Rapunzel!

ABC’s fantasy Once Upon a Time brings back Rapunzel November 17 for a multi-episode arc that finds the feisty fairy-tale princess—now played by Meegan Warner (Turn: Washington’s Spies)—eager to get even with the evil sorceress who has kept her spellbound and imprisoned for years. This time, Rapunzel will meet the dedicated Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue). Hints executive producer Adam Horowitz, “A mystery begins to unravel as soon as Hook climbs her iconic tower.”
Source: https://www.tvinsider.com/648461/once-u ... an-warner/
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

That's so cool! I love her dress.

Much better than the first OUAT Rapunzel... :roll:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea I love Rapunzel's dress!

I really loved this last episode the best so far! Finally it's centering on my favorite characters, Regina, Drizella, Lady Tremaine, and Henry! I think Drizella's becoming one of my top favorite characters when before I thought she was just ok. I can't wait to see more of Once Upon a Time!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

— Rapunzel's tower is featured in the title card.

— Roni was so insulted at the thought of being the Evil Queen. This is going to sting when she gets her memories back. :wink:

:lol: at Roni immediately getting a bat to mess up Victoria. She's such a badass! I love it! :D

— I liked the callback to Henry's Tron: Legacy lunchbox.

— My theory is that Alice is Hook's daughter and Rapunzel is her mother.

— I loved the Lady and the Tramp shout-out!

— It's interesting how the backstories the curse gave the characters are a tragic version of their real lives. It not only makes it more believable for them but more painful too.

— Henry: "Sometimes, I guess, you got to accept when mom knows best". Intentional reference to Gothel?

— Henry's flirting game is embarrassing. :facepalm:

— How did Roni get in Jacinda and Sabine's place? Breaking and entering?

— Regina teaching Drizella to harness magic mirrors Regina teaching Emma.

— I'm enjoying this season showing how much Regina has changed and how she's taken up the role of a guide and adviser so others won't to follow in her footsteps and make the same mistakes she did. It's important to not only repent but help and protect others from making dangerous and harmful life choices.

— I thought in order to revive Anastasia, Tremaine needed the heart of a true believer. Now just any pure heart will do? Drizella isn't a "believer". Besides, if just any pure heart would do, Tremaine could easily get her hands on one.

:( at Drizella's heartbreak when she learned her own mother wants to kill her.

— That demented look on Drizella's face after she killed the prince. :huh:

— Drizella killed Prince Gregor and Tremaine his brother. Now their kingdom is left without an heir.

— Drizella's amount of hatred towards her mother is disturbing. Not even Regina hated Cora that much. Adelaide Kane is really selling it.

— When Drizella threatens Tremaine with a Dark Curse, why doesn't Tremaine stop her with her wand?

— With so many characters "awake" now, what's the point of the curse anymore?

— Does this mean that if the curse breaks, Henry will die?

— Haven't we learned though that True Love's Kiss is not necessarily romantic in nature? Henry doesn't need to kiss Jacinda for that to happen. He can just kiss Lucy and get the same result.

— Henry and Regina's "I will always need you" scene was touching.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I love Rapunzel's tower in the show, though it really owes itself to the Disney one. I wish we got to see it in full in the episode but I guess we will later. I thought it was hilarious when Roni found out she was supposed to be the Evil Queen in the picture. And yes, I loved her being a badass! I love Roni! Well, really still Regina. And yea, Bella Notte was the pizza place, right? I thought Roni remembering she couldn't adopt was heartreaking. Lol how did Roni get into Jacinda's and Sabine's place? How the hell is Drizella pure of heart when she was going to kill Henry? But yes when she found out her mother would kill her it was heartbreakig and excellent acting. I didn't think of Lady Tremaine using the wand on Drizella, but maybe she was kind of stunned and Drizella wasn't trying to cast the curse right there anyway. The "I'll always need you" scene between mother and son was great.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:And yea, Bella Notte was the pizza place, right?
Yes, and Henry said there were stray dogs hanging out in the alley. :D
Disney Duster wrote:How the hell is Drizella pure of heart when she was going to kill Henry?
Good point. Maybe intentions don't blacken people's hearts, only actions do. What makes even less sense is that if any pure heart could revive Anastasia, Tremaine could easily get one from someone else instead of killing Drizella.
Disney Duster wrote:I didn't think of Lady Tremaine using the wand on Drizella, but maybe she was kind of stunned and Drizella wasn't trying to cast the curse right there anyway.
Yeah, she was probably too stunned to react. She never expected her subservient daughter to behave this way towards her.

I have a theory about Drizella. Could she be the Witch's daughter? They both have magic and both of them are associated with plants. We saw Drizella this episode using a plant to kill the prince and telling Tremaine she would "plant a seed of pain" in her life. It would explain why the Witch is helping Drizella with her plan and why she's treating her so nicely.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Oh my goodness, Rapunzel looks beautiful! I really am enjoying the season. It's not the same, but it's actually more exciting
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Next Friday we're getting two episodes back-to-back. New info and material for episode 7 & 8: promo #01, promo #02, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, clip #04, clip #05, clip #06, clip #07, and stills.
Q: Now that Regina and Rumple are both awake, will they work with each other on Once Upon a Time?

A: First, they’ll need to figure out if they can trust each other, as their memories as Roni and Weaver could get in the way of that. “There’s a classic Gold-Regina scene, going back to even season 1,” Lana Parrilla says. “It’s a little homage to the episode where she asks him what his real name is. So we have a moment between the two of them, but then you don’t see them again for a while.”
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/16/spoiler-roo ... s-anatomy/