Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV series)

Post by Sotiris »

We will be getting Gothel's backstory in episode 19 which sounds similar to Ariel's.
Episode 19, which is titled β€œFlower Child,” will feature a group of wood nymphs, the leader of which has a daughter who is anxious to explore the human world.
Source: http://tvline.com/2018/02/13/once-upon- ... ice-robin/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Casting news alert! Suzy Joachim has been cast as Madame Leota from The Haunted Mansion.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” The episode opens in Storybrooke sometime after Regina left to find Henry since Robyn is already a teenager.

β€” Who is Robyn's Asian friend? We've never seen her before. Who are her parents? Instead of a new (nameless) character, they should have included someone we already know like a grown-up Alexandra.

β€” Glad to see they're keeping up with continuity regarding Zelena not having magic. I assume they'll tell us how she regained her magic eventually. It's odd seeing Zelena not letting her daughter dabble in magic when her adoptive father did the same thing to her.

β€” Robyn is already eighteen, apparently. The timeline is a mess and I've decided to stop trying to make sense of it.

β€” How does Zelena "pay the bills" exactly? What does she do for a living in Storybrooke? They never told us.

β€” We're in Ella's realm now at Tiana's Palace. Lucy is still an infant so it's eight years before the curse was cast. Last we saw baby Lucy, our heroes were still camping out in the Enchanted Forest. Now Tiana's the Queen and they're living large in her palace. How on earth did they manage to defeat Tremaine and the royals in such a short time frame? It couldn't have been more than a few months. Will they ever tell us how they were able to overthrow the royals?

β€” Ah, the self-opening portals make their appearance again. And to think Rumple had to orchestrate an entire Dark Curse to get to a different realm when all he had to do was wait for one to open by itself. :lol:

β€” Madame Leota appears in the title card!

β€” We're in Hyperion Heights now with Lucy still unconscious. It's nice to see that Regina and Zelena have finally put their issues behind them and are really embracing sisterhood.

β€” Why did Tremaine confess to her crimes? One would expect her to deny everything and tell Anastasia that Gothel is lying.

β€” Apparently, only Anastasia has magic in Hyperion Heights. Is it because she might be the Guardian?

β€” Gothel needs the Resurrection Amulet to revive her coven. Using said amulet comes with a "great price". I bet it needs to take a life in order to revive another.

β€” Mother Nature is an ancient pseudonym for Mother Gothel. Makes sense, since in episode 19 we'll learn that Gothel is a wood nymph.

β€” Zelena: "Piss off, Nook!" (that's New Hook) :lol:

β€” Wish Hook: "I don't give a damn that you don't give a damn." Grade A dialogue, there. :roll:

β€” When did Gothel poison Wish Hook's heart and why? I hope they'll eventually fill in the blanks.

β€” I wonder if the blood test will reveal that Henry is Lucy's father.

β€” Ivy: "Where's a fairy godmother when you need one?" Tremaine killed her too! :P

β€” Gothel: "Choose now which mother knows best." I see what you did there. :wink:

β€” Robyn is such a brat. Not fond of her so far.

β€” Nice character scene between Tremaine and Drizella. It's heartbreaking how desperate Drizella is for her mother's love and approval. They need to go to therapy to work things through.

β€” I'm intrigued by Gothel's backstory. Who was the one who helped her thrive and does it have anything to do with her search for the Guardian?

β€” Henry consoling Jacinda was sweet.

β€” For a moment I thought Wish Hook and Zelena were about to kiss! :huh: Glad that didn't happen.

β€” With the Resurrection Amulet you can resurrect a soul that has not fully surrendered to the other side. Can't they use that to revive Robin Hood? Regina deserves to end up with her soulmate instead of having some random character we'll never get to know well as her final love interest.

β€” "Roni's Bar" used to be "Kelly & Roni's Pub".

β€” I hate it when people act stupidly for plot's sake. Regina should have told Tremaine outright what the price was for using the amulet and not remain cryptic about it for no apparent reason.

β€” Did Tremaine really care for Lucy or did she just say that to make herself look good in Anastasia's eyes?

β€” Now Anastasia doesn't have magic either since it's been absorbed into the amulet.

β€” The BeyoncΓ© references were jarring and cringeworthy.

β€” So, Zelena took her own daughter's magic. Even though Robyn gave it to her willingly, that just doesn't feel right.

β€” Tremaine was redeemed by sacrificing her life to save Drizella. Their reconciliation felt a little rushed and unearned though. They should have made them realize their mistakes and warm up to each other little by little in previous episodes to make it more believable.

β€” Why does Gothel want Lucy to be revived so badly? You'd expect her to use the amulet to resurrect a member of her coven instead of Lucy. What does she need Lucy for? Could Lucy turn out to be a witch or the Guardian?

β€” I'm hoping that Drizella and Anastasia will reconnect now.

β€” Totally called it about the blood test.

β€” Who could have poisoned the doctor and why did they cut a strand of her hair? Could it be Nick? He was conspicuously absent from Lucy's bedside. Could it be Dr. Facilier?

β€” That's a wrap!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

when did the series return this week? I missed it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 12: promo, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, and stills.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” Jacinda and Sabine's food track "Rollin' Bayou" in the title card!

β€” Henry is narrating the episode for the first time. It feels weird.

β€” It turns out he was just doing a podcast called "H-Town". How lame. :roll:

β€” Flashback to Ella's realm right where Tiana is about to be crowned Queen after heading the Resistance and defeating Tremaine and the royals. Love her dress!

β€” Regina and Dr. Facilier already know each other, from her pre-Storybrooke Evil Queen days.

β€” Why does Facilier care if a beast is terrorizing Tiana's kingdom? What's the real reason he wants Tiana to go on this quest?

β€” How could Weaver possibly have known that a lock of the doctor's hair was missing? It's not like something like that can be revealed in an autopsy.

β€” Dr. Facilier's cursed persona is Baron Samdi. Tremaine supposedly pushed him out of Hyperion Heights years ago but now he has returned. It looks like he's "awake" too.

β€” Prince Naveen of Maldonia makes his first appearance! And he has an enchanted spear with him.

β€” Naveen's cursed persona is Drew. He knows Sabine from cooking school.

β€” Why would anyone leave their position in a fancy restaurant to run a food truck? :?

β€” Why would Samdi want to invest in Drew's food truck business? That's suspicious. I wonder what Facilier is really after and what his end goal is.

β€” The murdered doctor's name is Andrea Sage. I wonder if the name holds any significance.

β€” We are introduced to the Blind Witch of Ella's realm. Her cursed persona is Hilda and she's a baker. How fitting! :P

β€” Naveen is hunting the alligator because it killed his brother. Could Facilier be his brother? It would make sense with the crocodile tooth Naveen's brother had, Facilier sending Tiana on this specific mission. In episode 5, Facilier said he was trapped between the world of the living and the Other Side. Therefore, Naveen may have thought he died but unbeknownst to him, he could have somehow stayed alive. Maybe by forging a deal with a "friend" from the Other Side. However, Facilier was freed from the Other Side by the ruby Tiana gave him. So, if Facilier really is Naveen's brother, why he didn't he go find him and tell him he's alive now that he's free?

β€” Tiana killed Louis the alligator! :shock:

β€” It turns out Facilier wanted the alligator dead to retrieve a bobble that belonged to him. He doesn't seem to care that Naveen is dying so maybe he isn't his bother after all.

β€” Kelly: "The Dark One in denim. How quaint." :lol:

β€” It turns out the doctor was a witch and someone is targeting witches. It must be either Jack the Giant Witch Slayer, Dr. Facilier or Prince Naveen (or Naveen working for Facilier). Facilier said Naveen had to pay off his debt to him for saving his life so maybe this is how.

β€” The magic closet strikes again!

β€” Henry will die if True Love's kiss breaks the curse but that doesn't mean he can't regain his memories some other way like with that potion Drizella gave Regina and then Regina gave Zelena. They should ask Drizella how to make some more.

β€” Drew is working for Samdi who wants him to gain Sabine's trust. Apparently, Samdi is after something that Sabine can help him get. I suppose this means Drew isn't the witch hunter.

β€” The necklace Facilier retrieved from the alligator belonged to Regina when she was the Evil Queen.

β€” Dr. Facilier and the Evil Queen were an item back in the day and now he wants her back. How convenient. They're doing this to pretend the two have history and this isn't completely out of the blue. Besides, Regina as the Evil Queen wasn't capable of falling in love with someone. She only used men like the Huntsman, Sidney, Hook to get what she wanted.

β€” Why didn't Regina tell Zelena that she knows Facilier is "awake"? The ruse with the name-switching was only for Zelena's benefit; to convince her that Facilier is still cursed. Why is she keeping it a secret from her? This will definitely backfire and cause a strain on their relationship.

β€” Samdi: "You do as you wish Regina. You always have." Is this implying that she was the one who ended things with him and that he genuinely loved her? Are they trying to make us feel sorry for him? Is this the first step towards his inevitable redemption? Regardless, I hope they show us how they met and what happened between then and not just tell us. Just telling isn't enough to establish their relationship and make viewers invested in it.

β€” I'm not feeling the Facilier/Regina romance so far. Just no. :headshake:

β€” That's a wrap! The show returns next Friday with more backstory on Alice!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So the Blind Witch is the name for the Hansel and Gretel witch?

I, too, feel nothing between Regina and Facilier.

Was that Roger Rabbit in graffiti behind Sabine where the food trucks were when she first talked to Drew?

I haven't really liked the last two episodes so far. The most I liked was when Victoria showed she loved Drizella.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:So the Blind Witch is the name for the Hansel and Gretel witch?
Yep!
Disney Duster wrote:Was that Roger Rabbit in graffiti behind Sabine where the food trucks were when she first talked to Drew?
It looks like it. Not a very good drawing of him though.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hehe thanks for the answers.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've now watched all available episodes of the new series ( I felt I had to, after the news of the cancellation came through :( ), and it really doesn't feel the same. I miss Regina proper, not Ronie. She just seems so ... cliche ? Or I could even go so far as to say a non-entity. Henry is good, Ella is just dire, Tiana is fun. But it doesn't feel like Once. It doesn't work having it in such a modern setting; I know Storybrooke was in the modern world, but Maine was a lot more quaint, and almost lost in time. It clashes maybe too harshly against what I know Once to be.

Again, these are only my thoughts and opinions; I'm glad if others have enjoyed the series for sure ! There are some moments which were lovely; Emma's little epilogue was perfect. I do regard season 6 as the ending proper, but to know how her story continues was beautiful. Zelena being back is obviously glorious, only wish she had been there from the start !

But oh my gosh, what a muddle Belle and Rumple's story was !! She lived apart from everyone and everything for the rest of her life ? How is that anything like the Belle we've seen over the years ? I know she travelled for a bit as she wanted, but wow .... I was so disappointed her conclusion. And really sad as well. If Snow and Charming appear again, I hope they won't suffer a similar fate ?

Do you think it's likely they they will get any of the old gang back now its ending ?
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Serves Disney right for jumping the shark. Should have ended after last season.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 13: promo, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, and stills.
Q: Any Once Upon a Time scoop?

A: There will definitely be another life lost during Friday’s episode, and the blame will land squarely on a surprising beloved character. But not everything is as it appears on the surface, sending Rogers and Weaver on an even more desperate mission.
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/15/spoiler-roo ... riverdale/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The old cast members are coming back!

Once Upon a Time: Robin Hood, Peter Pan and More Return for Final Episodes!
http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a ... an-return/

Once Upon a Time: Sean Maguire, JoAnna Garcia and Robbie Kay Among Farewell Run's 9 Returns
http://tvline.com/2018/03/16/once-upon- ... n-cruella/

Once Upon a Time: Sean Maguire among returning faces for series finale
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/16/once-upon-t ... le-return/

β€˜Once Upon A Time’ Characters Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Cruella De Vil & More Returning For Final Two Episodes
http://deadline.com/2018/03/once-upon-a ... 202339390/

Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin and More Return
http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a ... in-return/

Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Emilie de Ravin Return for Series Finale
http://tvline.com/2018/03/21/once-upon- ... nale-emma/

Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin, Emilie de Ravin returning for series finale
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/21/once-upon-t ... es-finale/

β€˜Once Upon A Time’ Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
http://deadline.com/2018/03/once-upon-a ... 202350917/

'Once Upon a Time': All the Stars β€” Including Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin β€” Returning for the Series Finale
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ar-1094954

β€˜Once Upon a Time’ Series Finale to Bring Back Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/once-up ... 202732727/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging:

β€” Alice's into painting just like the animated Rapunzel!

β€” How come Alice knows what Gothel looks like when she's never seen her before? Is she having visions of the future?

β€” This will probably be the last time Wish Hook and Alice see each other until Alice is all grown up.

β€” Is that doll in the title card supposed to be Alice? It looks creepy.

β€” Roni's doing the walk of shame. She looks dreadful. :huh:

β€” Is "catching up" a euphemism now? :lol:

β€” Why does Gothel want to speak to Rogers alone? Is she trying to seduce him?

β€” How did Wish Hook know where to find Wish Rumple and why was no one there guarding him?

β€” Wish Hook giving up on his revenge when he became a father parallels Hook doing the same when he fell in love with Emma. Different types of love, the same end result.

β€” Wish Rumple is really funny! :lol:

β€” Gothel is flirting with Rogers. Unsettling.

β€” Gothel is being annoyingly cryptic.

β€” Lucy's actress is playing her part really well in this scene. You can feel her anguish over having to tell her mom all that.

β€” Now Rogers is an artist too aside from Alice? :roll:

β€” Wish Hook: "No, I'm what I used to be". He desperately needs better comebacks. :facepalm:

β€” I wish the show did more with Moana than just use Maui's fish hook as a prop.

β€” Drizella knows that Jacinda is Henry's true love so if she has indeed changed, why is she still trying to come between them?

β€” Henry offering some good advice for once.

β€” Where is Anastasia? Does she know what happened to Tremaine? Is she still with Gothel? Why would Gothel still want her when she doesn't have magic anymore?

β€” The relationship between Weaver and Alice makes me believe she'll end up being the Guardian and free him from the Dark One curse.

β€” Captain Ahab is a dull, flimsy character in an unnecessary subplot.

β€” Gothel will definitely use what she learned about Rogers against him in the future.

β€” Gothel's ramblings make no sense.

β€” Drizella trying to reconnect with Jacinda but feeling too vulnerable to be direct about it was a nice touch.

β€” Turns out the doll in the title card was Drizella's doll, Beatrice.

β€” What does Drizella mean when she said she needs to finish what her mother started?

β€” The montage with Wish Hook and young Alice was sweet.

β€” Did Gothel try to frame Alice or was it just a coincidence?

β€” Did Wish Hook free Wish Rumple after all or did he leave him in the dungeon? This wasn't made clear.

β€” Why couldn't Gothel let Wish Hook free Alice? It's not like she'll be trapped in the tower again if Alice gets free. So, what's her motive for going through all this trouble to poison his heart?

β€” So, Drizella doesn't know where Anastasia is. I guess she must still be with Gothel.

β€” Operation Hyacinth isn't very catchy but I suppose it'll have to do.

β€” Cute scene with Regina and Lucy at the end. I hope we see more of them bonding in the future.

β€” That's a wrap!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, Sotiris, you're funny and I agree with most of what you said. Your euphemism line was hilarious!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris wrote:It stands to reason that a magical poison will be neutralized in a land without magic but what doesn't add up is the part where it will be re-activated if the curse breaks. When a Dark Curse breaks, people just regain their memories. Magic doesn't come to that land because of it and so there shouldn't be an issue with the poison.
One of the showrunners addressed this issue on Twitter.
Q: I'm a little confused about how the curse breaking will cause Henry to die. I thought there was no magic in Hyperion Heights. Did I miss something or will it be explained later?

Adam Horowitz: Same rules as Storybrooke β€” magic that’s brought over can work (Regina and her hearts in S1, etc.). A land without magic just doesn’t have native magic.
Source: https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/stat ... 3528517632
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Cool, now we know one of the issues isn't an issue. Props to them.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/once-up ... 202732727/
Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, and Emilie de Ravin have all been confirmed for the two-part series finale which will be spread out between two weeks rather than airing back to back on one night. Rebecca Mader as Zelena will also continue to appear in the rest of the series including the finale.

Besides the original leads, plenty of other characters from the series will be returning as well, namely Ariel, Granny, Grumpy, Cruella, Peter Pan, Blue Fairy, Geppetto, and young Henry, as well as Robin.

I haven't watched a single episode of this season, but I'll be back for the finale since it looks like it will largely focus on the original characters. I am not at all pleased to see that Robin will be back, but maybe it will be Dream-Verse Robin since I actually didn't mind him too much.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 14: promo, clip #01, clip #02, and stills.

Once Upon a Time stars preview Alice and Robin's surprising meet-cute
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/23/once-upon-a ... -spoilers/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oooooh Emma and the Charmings will return? I am SO excited!!!!!