Disney Books

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Books in 2013-2016

Post by Disney Duster »

Mooky wrote:If Disney really wanted to pursue a Jasmine book, they could have it called it Aladdin: Jasmine's Adventure or something neutral like that.
These books all say the name of the film and then "the story of" the princess, so it would be called Aladdin: The Story of Jasmine and it would fit.
Sicoe Vlad wrote: I have the read along versions of Cinderella and The Little Mermaid, with these updated, movie accurate illustrations, and I love them, so I don't think I will buy those books anytime soon.
Well, you will miss some very great other illustrations that didn't make it into the Read-Along books, just so you know. Also, Snow White got a Read-Along book, too. I haven't been able to see it in stores and see if it has any pictures that aren't in the big book, though.
unprincess wrote:is the art for Little Mermaid and Cinderella the same as the ones that appeared in the Target blu-ray digibooks?
They are the same style, and have a lot of the same illustrations, but these books have more, and some different, illustrations.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote:
Sicoe Vlad wrote: I have the read along versions of Cinderella and The Little Mermaid, with these updated, movie accurate illustrations, and I love them, so I don't think I will buy those books anytime soon.
Well, you will miss some very great other illustrations that didn't make it into the Read-Along books, just so you know. Also, Snow White got a Read-Along book, too. I haven't been able to see it in stores and see if it has any pictures that aren't in the big book, though.
I thought so. I think I will buy the books for Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Cinderella, since those, along with Snow White, are my favorite Classics, and their artistic styles are gorgeous. As for the Snow White read along, I'm, too, looking for it. I think there's some art that did not make it in the big book.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ah, glad you will be buying those others, as long as it doesn't cost too much out of your money for other things. I could probably go to any book store and find the Snow White Read-Along. I may be able to try tomorrow. I don't know.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote:Ah, glad you will be buying those others, as long as it doesn't cost too much out of your money for other things. I could probably go to any book store and find the Snow White Read-Along. I may be able to try tomorrow. I don't know.
Cool! If you do find it, keep us posted on whether or not it has images not found in the other book. If it does, I might consider buying it. From what I recall, there was an illustration of Snow White on the cover that I don't remember seeing in the bigger book, so anything is possible. :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I found and looked at the Snow White Read-Along storybook today! Okay, well first, you are right, the image of Snow White on the front cover is a slightly different version of the one where she is holding the apple inside the big book. In the cover image, she is looking down at the apple, and smiling a little because she thinks it will grant her wish. Inside the book, there are two images that weren't in the big "Story Of" book. They were Snow White pulling the sock off the table when she goes inside the dwarfs cottage, and Dopey walking ahead of the other dwarfs with a candle up the stairs to see who was upstairs. Those are the things I noticed. I think I'm right that that's all of them.

But I checked out the Tangled big storybook and was pleasantly surprised it was in a 2-D, hand-drawn looking style! I still didn't buy it, I only like the film because it has magic in it so it's one of the ones I like but not a top favorite, but I suggest anyone who wishes to see what Tangled would have looked like as a hand-drawn film, or who just likes the film a lot, to give it a look/buy!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Cool, thanks for the info, Duster! Would you recommend I buy the read along version, too, if I have the big book? Is it worth the purchase?
Last edited by Vlad on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

With you being a die-hard Snow White fan, I would recommend getting the Read-Along book.

Just like I recommend getting all the big books of your favorite films.

I don't think you would regret it. If you do, you can blame me and never make such purchases again, lol.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Thanks, Duster :)

I spotted it yesterday at a bookstore (kinda surprised it arrived so soon in Romania), and I browsed through it. Yesterday, I had no money to buy it, but I will totally buy it today, during my lunchbreak.

When it comes to Snow White, nothing I ever buy disapoints me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I just purchased this one as a bit of a treat; The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic. It's the newer edition, which apparently lops out all reference to the awful movie version. The reviews are all so positive, so can only hope it will be worth it !
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Happy to see Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas added to this book series, those are among Disney's most beautiful looking movies.

I bet Alice in Wonderland would be looking great in that art style. And it would be wonderful to see movies like Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre Dame get these type of illustrations, but I don't see that happening sadly, not while Disney keeps neglecting those movies.

They should really add a Jasmine book though! Her not being the title character should not stop them - it certainly does not stop Disney from making almost entirely Jasmine merchandise and almost no Aladdin stuff for the Disney store/parks.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

Maybe Jasmine book will be released with Moana book?
Disney Duster wrote:But I checked out the Tangled big storybook and was pleasantly surprised it was in a 2-D, hand-drawn looking style! I still didn't buy it, I only like the film because it has magic in it so it's one of the ones I like but not a top favorite, but I suggest anyone who wishes to see what Tangled would have looked like as a hand-drawn film, or who just likes the film a lot, to give it a look/buy!
Now I'm interested. I don't think I will but Tangled book, but if Brave will have 2-D, hand-drawn looking images, I will probably give a look to that. I always thought Brave would look spectacular in 2-D.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Cinderella's gown looks too big. It looks like she is sitting on the floor in it.
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

FoundĀ thisĀ JasmineĀ bookĀ listedĀ onĀ Amazon,Ā isĀ itĀ perhapsĀ fromĀ thisĀ series?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Raf wrote:FoundĀ thisĀ JasmineĀ bookĀ listedĀ onĀ Amazon,Ā isĀ itĀ perhapsĀ fromĀ thisĀ series?
That looks like it. The UK already has this released so I imagine it'll come to the US soon.
ImageImage
Weā€™re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope we get the Brave book how you want it Raf!

I hope we get the Jasmine book JeanGreyForever! Do you live in the UK and already own it, or you live in the US?
bradhig wrote:Cinderella's gown looks too big. It looks like she is sitting on the floor in it.
Her dress was always big. I don't think it looks like she's sitting on the floor. I think it just looks like she's twirling in it. And it's beautiful.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:I hope we get the Brave book how you want it Raf!

I hope we get the Jasmine book JeanGreyForever! Do you live in the UK and already own it, or you live in the US?
bradhig wrote:Cinderella's gown looks too big. It looks like she is sitting on the floor in it.
Her dress was always big. I don't think it looks like she's sitting on the floor. I think it just looks like she's twirling in it. And it's beautiful.
I don't live in the UK but I saw a listing for it on Ebay. The covers have them in their redesigns there. I'm pretty sure I also saw a Peter Pan and Lion King pair of books as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the links but if I find them again I'll post them here.

It also took it as her swirling around and we have an overhead view of her.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I don't live in the UK but I saw a listing for it on Ebay. The covers have them in their redesigns there. I'm pretty sure I also saw a Peter Pan and Lion King pair of books as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the links but if I find them again I'll post them here.

Oh man, their re-designs...they have no place on books about the actual films! Oh well.

Interesting other movies got it. So I can't tell if these are the same kind of books or not. I only heard that the Disney Princess movies got this new style of storybook art.

And I'm glad you agree with me on Cinderella's pose! I know you said you didn't like how she was drawn but even though she doesn't look exactly like herself I personally love the image.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I don't live in the UK but I saw a listing for it on Ebay. The covers have them in their redesigns there. I'm pretty sure I also saw a Peter Pan and Lion King pair of books as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the links but if I find them again I'll post them here.

Oh man, their re-designs...they have no place on books about the actual films! Oh well.

Interesting other movies got it. So I can't tell if these are the same kind of books or not. I only heard that the Disney Princess movies got this new style of storybook art.

And I'm glad you agree with me on Cinderella's pose! I know you said you didn't like how she was drawn but even though she doesn't look exactly like herself I personally love the image.
Found a link to the Jasmine one. There are others as well in the collection with different covers and some based on spin-off stories (like Cinderella or Rapunzel's weddings). I thought they were from England but I think these ones are actually from Australia. England has different ones if I'm correct.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-ALADDIN- ... Swo0JWLVvN

I think the yellow hair and blue dress has turned me off of most of Cinderella's stock images. When her hair is orange and her dress is silver or at least silvery blue, I think she looks less generic and far more prettier.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hm. From that series, Snow White's book has old illustrations, not the new ones. So this isn't quite the same series.

When Cinderella has orange hair and a blue dress, it is still possible because it could be from when she's with the prince in the dark. But it all depends on the background. When she's not in the dark, the dress has to be silver (except according to the last DVD and Blu-ray which made her dress blue in some places it used to be silver). But I love her poses no matter what colors she has, even though I always wish they were the right ones.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Jasmine is going to be in this book series after all!!!

The strange thing is that she is the only one keeping the redesign, but I really love this new picture!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Aladdin-Ja ... of+jasmine