DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:16 pm 
Limited Edition

estefan wrote:
With the tone this is giving off and the fact that they will be using the songs from the 1967 film, I wonder if Jon Favreau will also include the Terry Gilkyson songs that were thrown out when Walt decided to completely redo the whole movie to make it different from the book (we can thank the story team for convincing him to keep The Bare Necessities). I would love to hear a full orchestral version of "Brothers All."

It would be interesting if this movie borrowed elements from Bill Peet's adaption.

It probably won't happen, but if they are borrowing from the completed original, I'm curious to see how they're going to re-interpret this:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:05 pm 
Collector's Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I thought the trailer, and CGI, looked GOOD! If only Kaa was a guy. I mean, changing a character's sex doesn't make any sense if you keep everything else the same!

The jarring contrast of Scarlett Johansson's silky voice coming out of the huge python is intentional and IMO it works. I think they should've used a seasoned voice actress instead of an A-lister, but I think Favreau wants to make the audience trust in Kaa. Ergo, making Kaa female. In the animated film, Kaa is a bumbling idiot, while this one is more on the gray scale of the spectrum.

They're doing something similar in the WB film Jungle Book: Origins. Cate Blanchett is voicing Kaa in that one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Boo, it's gone. :( Is it posted anywhere else?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:

It's on Disney's official movie website.

http://movies.disney.com/the-jungle-book-2016

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

azul017 wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:

It's on Disney's official movie website.

http://movies.disney.com/the-jungle-book-2016

All I see is the US trailer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

azul017 wrote:
The jarring contrast of Scarlett Johansson's silky voice coming out of the huge python is intentional and IMO it works. I think they should've used a seasoned voice actress instead of an A-lister, but I think Favreau wants to make the audience trust in Kaa. Ergo, making Kaa female. In the animated film, Kaa is a bumbling idiot, while this one is more on the gray scale of the spectrum.

They're doing something similar in the WB film Jungle Book: Origins. Cate Blanchett is voicing Kaa in that one.
That makes much more sense. There's nothing wrong with having a female voice actress, as long as they make the right casting choice.

Hailey Whitters ~ "Heartland"
Taylor Swift ~ "my tears ricochet"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://empireonline.media/jpg/50/0/0/64 ... 20Book.jpg

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news ... ngle-book/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Old trailer with new footage. Still looks charmless.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

"From the director of Iron Man". So Disney have so little faith in themselves that they can't rely on their own, huge brand? And to rely on an movie which is not even from their company? Haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney’s ‘The Jungle Book’ Completed Triptych Poster, New Amazing Stills in High Resolution
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-disneys-the-jungle-book-completed-triptych-poster-new-amazing-stills-in-high-resolution-83161/#

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:04 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Big game trailer:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hmm, I wonder which one will come out better, Disney's CGI animal version, or their real animal version?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:52 am 
Collector's Edition

Not happy with the new trailer.

The voices don't work for me at all. It feels like they just picked actors who are big rather than Actors with great voices. The only one working for me is Bill Murray as Baloo. But all the other voices don't fit the characters, especially Shere Khan and Bagheera.

The CGI on those animals is also taking me out of the movie. In particular Bagheera. I just think he looks too animated to be a real animal. Baloo looks amazing, except that he's the wrong type of bear.

I also was not happy with a lot of the story choices. One of the best things about the animated movie is how they built up Shere Khan, where everybody would talk about him and he'd pop up every now and then. He had a lingering presence. But in this movie, it looks like he will be in a lot of scenes and I think it robs the character from being strong.

Additionally, the tonal conflict in this movie is jarring. They can't decide if they want it to be dark and gritty or nice and playful. The trailer would jump around from one to another

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 am 
Limited Edition

Yeah, that was pretty unfortunate. Don't like the way the animals look, especially when talking. Just bizarre. Would have preferred a more serious tone with non-speaking animals but I know that's not going to happen.

I liked the score incorporating Bare Necessities in the trailer though.

I wonder how different this version will be one year later :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388771

Last edited by Lady Cluck on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

To be honest, this was MUCH, MUCH better. :up: There is the "magic" that I've been looking for. Ben Kingsly is spot on as Bargerra and Bill Murray makes me smile as Baloo. He is no John Goodman, but he has the sweetness and charm of the original Baloo. But, I'm not sold on Scarlett Johansson as Kaa. And the CGI could be better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

Christopher Walken was waaaay the wrong choice for King Louie.

I am ok with Kaa being a girl this time. Just because I've become okay with the idea that Jaq was changed to a girl and the live-action Cinderella. For that film, Cinderella having a girl mouse to help and be helped in return just worked, especially for the line, "Us girls must help one another."

I am less excited for this film because of how mediocre it now seems, but I still wanna see it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 pm 
Collector's Edition

I saw the trailer in IMAX 3D in front of Force Awakens. And it did look amazing in that format. If anything, I would go see it just for that alone. To me some of it looks good, other parts look dumb like the dramatic version of "Bare Necessities" playing towards the end and Christopher Walken sounds waaaaaay off as King Louie. I keep expecting him to shout "MORE COWBELL!" every time he speaks. Scarlett Johansson... a little iffy. Bill Murray is pretty spot on for Baloo. I think Ben Kingsley is a decent choice for Bagheera but it didn't suit the look of the panther.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:00 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

The full version of the trailer music

https://soundcloud.com/thehithousemusic ... ok-trailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:50 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Barbossa wrote:
Hmm, I wonder which one will come out better, Disney's CGI animal version, or their real animal version?

I liked the 1994 ver. myself and still looking forward to this one. I think you shouldn't compare the two mainly because the the '94 ver was more of a hybrid of the animated ver and original book, where as this one is strictly based on the animated movie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyprincess11 wrote:
The full version of the trailer music

https://soundcloud.com/thehithousemusic ... ok-trailer

Thanks for the link to the song! This new version of The Bare Necessities was the best of the lastest trailer for me. The trailer made me a bit more interested in the film, but I still don't think I'm going to see it in the theater. I'm not a big fan of this new trend of reimagining Disney classics into live action.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next