DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:57 pm 
Platinum Edition

The video above has been removed. You can watch it, here.

Yeah, the CG is not that great. I think it has to do with the character designs. Kaa and Bagheera look off somehow.

Also, the movie is action-oriented and much more serious in tone that the animated one. How on earth are they going to pull-off having Baloo suddenly sing Bare Necessities? It's going to feel jarring and out of place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris, you're reading my mind today. The main problem is that everything is way too realistic from the designs to the movements. Everyone, except Kaa, looks off. Esepecially King Louie & Baloo, who is black/brown. I didn't expect them to look cartoony, but they look way too different from the original. I just see normal animals, not the characters I grew with. Plus, the voices do not fit. Scarlett is very distracting and I simply can't picture Walken or Murray's voices with the animals. Bear Necessities will especially not fit. The shot of Mowgli on Baloo in the river looks really awkward and out of place, enough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:10 am 
Platinum Edition

I thought the trailer, and CGI, looked GOOD! If only Kaa was a guy. I mean, changing a character's sex doesn't make any sense if you keep everything else the same!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 am 
Collector's Edition

Waste of time the Sabu version of the Jungle Book is live action and is better than the Disney version.

MY DVDs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:57 am 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I thought the trailer, and CGI, looked GOOD!

I thought so too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Pretty underwhelming trailer. And generic character designs. But I wasn't eager to see this movie in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Here it is.

My opinion hasn't changed that much, but the action shots are very cool. But, man. Can they BRIGHTEN some of the shots? I can't see a thing :|

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:39 pm 
Collector's Edition

Hmmm.... This movie veers too much towards the classic.

For those who are complaining about the CGI, keep in mind that the movie comes out in like 8 months, so they've got time to work on it.

As for everything else. This is pretty much someone taking everything from the animated movie and just making a live action CGI render of it. Some shots look exactly like they did in the animated movie. While some of them are beautiful, others are meh.

The movie looks action oriented, but I don't think it will be. This looks like it will follow the Disney storyline. They might have added a couple of new action scenes. The animals can't look any different though because then they'd look weird. Also, I do agree that Scarlett Johansen has been miscast as Kaa. They should have gotten the current person who voices Winnie the Pooh to do it. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:49 pm 
Collector's Edition

"If The Lion King and Tarzan had a baby, and then they ran it through Zach Snyder's Man of Steel filter"

Perfect.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoEBSFsmCg[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Also, the movie is action-oriented and much more serious in tone that the animated one. How on earth are they going to pull-off having Baloo suddenly sing Bare Necessities? It's going to feel jarring and out of place.

Funny that it's whistled at the end of the trailer. But I'm wondering about it myself.

Either way, remarkable how the taglines are "from the studio of Pirates of the Caribbean" and "from the director of Iron Man".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 pm 
Platinum Edition

Old Fish Tale wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
I thought the trailer, and CGI, looked GOOD!

I thought so too.

Yay! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 am 
Limited Edition

I also liked the trailer, much more than I thought I would. Unlike Cinderella, this movie seems like it will deviate enough from the original that it could be a compelling movie-going experience. Cinderella never did that for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:58 am 
Platinum Edition

Gosh, didnt like the look of that at all....absolutely charmless.

And I though Scarlett Johanssons delivery and diction was really really poor.

Though I wasn't intending to see this in the cinema, so you could say I wasn't the ideal viewer, but the trailer left me cold.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:05 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

With the tone this is giving off and the fact that they will be using the songs from the 1967 film, I wonder if Jon Favreau will also include the Terry Gilkyson songs that were thrown out when Walt decided to completely redo the whole movie to make it different from the book (we can thank the story team for convincing him to keep The Bare Necessities). I would love to hear a full orchestral version of "Brothers All."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 am 
Platinum Edition

I thought the animals were done really quite well, and I got a similar vibe in the animation to that of Life of Pi.

I never watched The Jungle Book when I was a child (which is why my Platinum Edition DVD has been played maybe thrice and I've never purchased the Diamond Edition Blu-ray), so I don't really care whether or not this film sticks closely to it. I am interested to see how the songs will be incorporated, as this seems to be a more serious film (though I'm sure, before and after all that action, there will be quiet and fun moments in which those songs can be performed). I wasn't really looking forward to this (because, as I mentioned, I don't really have a love for the animated film), but this looks interesting. I'm intrigued.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 pm 
Limited Edition

well I think it looks pretty damn cool so far. I like how dark it looks, gives me a live action Princess Mononoke vibe.... except for that scene at the end with Mowgli on Baloo in the river, that looks really weird and out of place. Also, geez Louie is huge!

Is this really gonna have the songs from the film? and some of those voice actors? I have a feeling the trailer used all the cool dark parts and left out the cartoonier kiddie "Disney" parts and we're gonna actually end up with a very different film from the trailer. Heh, kinda the opposite of what they do with their animation trailers, where they show all the comedy and fun stuff and leave out the dark and drama.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:39 am 
Platinum Edition

Atlantica wrote:
Gosh, didnt like the look of that at all....absolutely charmless.
And I though Scarlett Johanssons delivery and diction was really really poor.
...but the trailer left me cold.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm not keen on the live-action remakes, but I was giving this (and Pete's Dragon a little bit of hope, but TJB remake just seems really pointless...did not like the look of the animals, and yeah, ScarJo isn't doing it for me as Kaa. I had previously budgeted my money to see this next year, but nope, not interested now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

An international trailer has been released that features lots of new footage. I liked it better than the domestic one. What did you think?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
An international trailer has been released that features lots of new footage. I liked it better than the domestic one.

Aren't international trailers usually superior than the domestic ones? ;)

I liked this trailer better. Though it's still hard to imagine songs, hence the trailers are depicting this s a serious movie (though trailers usually lies, though).

Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

Okay, that trailer was so much better. Still not feeling a female Kaa, but now it looks very, very exciting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next