DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2020 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Frozen: Part IV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

Continuing from Part III. At 76 pages, I feel like we needed a new Frozen thread.

November 27, 2013:

Post subject: Re: Frozen: Part IV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So, there's going to be a poster with Elsa? Where did you hear that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
So, there's going to be a poster with Elsa? Where did you hear that?

"Une affiche avec Elsa" means a poster with Elsa.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:38 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Niccccccccccccccccce! Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:50 pm 
Special Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote

"And I realized this:

They didn't entirely removed everything from TSQ in Frozen. Yesterday, I remembered: TSQ had trolls. And guess what? Frozen has trolls. Yes, they’re ice trolls. But, better than no trolls. And I think it’s possible that they kept the mirror. It would be like Beauty and the Beast. Elsa sees the world from the mirror. Or the trolls kidnap Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf and they learn that the mirror can somehow remove the powers from Elsa, so they steal it.

And it’s also possible that Elsa kidnaps Kristoff. Honestly, if they keep the kidnapping and the mirrors (along with trolls and the reindeer, etc.), there’s nothing really to complain about. They kept the basic plot (The SQ kidnaps the boy, the girl goes find him), but made huge changes in the process. I hope this is true!"

And I say : i'm so totally completely WITH YOU on that one. I've been thinkin' the same for ages !!! Mirror, abduction and seduction of the male lead will be so clever choices ! But, but, but let's face it and let's be reasonnable and brave if it does not happen at all.
Tangled used so much from original tale, and so nicely when you think about it...
I am afraid Frozen will not use so much so well. Hey, the new story is so different that they had to change names !

But still...

Andersen has : troll, boy and girl loving each other like brother and sister, a quest to save a loved one, roses, granny, gardeners, crow, princess and prince, ice palace, snow queen, robbers and reindeer

Frozen has (so far ) : trolls, boy and girl, girls loving each other like sisters, a quest to save a loved one, princess and prince, ice palace, snow queen and reindeer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 pm 
Gold Collection

I know this is kind of off topic, but I've always wondered, why does this site make new threads for movies after another thread gets around 60-70 pages?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Edthehyena wrote:

And I say : i'm so totally completely WITH YOU on that one. I've been thinkin' the same for ages !!! Mirror, abduction and seduction of the male lead will be so clever choices ! But, but, but let's face it and let's be reasonnable and brave if it does not happen at all.
Tangled used so much from original tale, and so nicely when you think about it...
I am afraid Frozen will not use so much so well. Hey, the new story is so different that they had to change names !

But still...

Andersen has : troll, boy and girl loving each other like brother and sister, a quest to save a loved one, roses, granny, gardeners, crow, princess and prince, ice palace, snow queen, robbers and reindeer

Frozen has (so far ) : trolls, boy and girl, girls loving each other like sisters, a quest to save a loved one, princess and prince, ice palace, snow queen and reindeer

YAY! Thank you! I'm about to go to bed, but first:

1) I am hopeful that they're adding as much as from TSQ as possible, but I have a big feeling that they won't add the mirror or the kidnapping. Even if Kristoff gets kidnapped and as much as I would LOVE a seduction, I bet that Elsa would only kidnap him to motivate Anna even more to find her. She doesn't look like the girl who kidnap men to seduce them.
2) I do wish that they kept Anna and Sven's original names, Gerda and Bai. It's at least they could do. I can see why they changed Kai's name, that sounds too Asian for a Nowergian name.
3) But, the thing with your comparsion between TSQ & Frozen is that while Frozen is similar to its source, it's still entirely, entirely different.

TSQ: A girl goes out to find her friend who has been kidnapped by The Snow Queen. And she meets a witch, a crow, a princess and her prince, and robbers on the way.
Frozen: A girl, OOPS: A PRINCESS, tries to find her sister, The Snow Queen to end a curse. And she meets a boy around her age and his reindeer and a comedic snowman on the way. Oh, and she's engaged to the Prince in the story and most of the characters in it are gone.

I am NOT slamming Frozen. While the new story is actually not THAT bad, they scrapped a lot of the story. If they kept the kidnapping (which we hope), then they kept the main plot: A girl tries to save her friend from The Snow Queen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 am 
Limited Edition

Can't say anything about Frozen til August the 10? Not surpised. That's the weekend of D23.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 am 
Collector's Edition

Disneyprincess, I'm afraid that you are forcing some of these comparisons. Just because elements such as there being trolls or reindeer are present, that isn't really a mark of faithfulness considering they are mainly superficial.

That said, I don't think you are wrong in that the story can retain some of the essence of Andersen's tale, mainly love being used to rescue and redeem a loved one. I think it's clearly Elsa that is playing the role of Kai though, not Kristoff despite them both being male.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney_freak wrote:
I know this is kind of off topic, but I've always wondered, why does this site make new threads for movies after another thread gets around 60-70 pages?

Yeah, it's incredibly silly to me. So good question....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 am 
Gold Collection

Yes that's right, I'm not allowed to talk about the presentation I attended last Thursday until next 10th of August, probably due to the D23.
I'm sorry then, but I won't spoil anything about the story.
Just let you know that the movie looks very great and very disneyish, epic and magical as I say for many months now.
All clips together showed might be 30-45 minutes in various stages, that's all I'll say. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:43 am 
Collector's Edition

Prince Kido wrote:
Yes that's right, I'm not allowed to talk about the presentation I attended last Thursday until next 10th of August, probably due to the D23.
I'm sorry then, but I won't spoil anything about the story.
Just let you know that the movie looks very great and very disneyish, epic and magical as I say for many months now.
All clips together showed might be 30-45 minutes in various stages, that's all I'll say. :)

Just a question, were the clips shown in random order or were they interspersed with storyboards and the like to show a complete story. And how does the animation compare to that of Tangled?

Thanks.

PatrickvD wrote:
Disney_freak wrote:

It's standard procedure to close threads after a certain length on most forums, isn't it. I believe its supposed to save space or something though I am not clear on the details.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 am 
Platinum Edition

I was just thinking, isn't it so funny how much debate and endless questions and speculation that this film has generated from us, when mere months ago we were all mourning its loss at being 'shelved' by Disney.

Even though there is scant information available, people should be grateful the movie even exists at all, after all the drama it initially went through !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

And can you talk about ANY information about the movie at all on August 10 like the music?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:32 am 
Collector's Edition

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
I was just thinking, isn't it so funny how much debate and endless questions and speculation that this film has generated from us, when mere months ago we were all mourning its loss at being 'shelved' by Disney.

Even though there is scant information available, people should be grateful the movie even exists at all, after all the drama it initially went through !

Movie was officially announced back in December 2011 and we had known about it for a while before that from the TAG Blog.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:33 am 
Platinum Edition

I'm sorry I got the time scale wrong, but it is the same sentiment; we all thought it was cancelled for a long long time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 am 
Platinum Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
Disney_freak wrote:

Well, I'm not a fan of this policy either but it's been enforced because it's believed that smaller threads help users navigate easier through them. So, for example, instead of a huge Tangled thread with 529 pages, we get 7 smaller ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm 

Sotiris wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
Disney_freak wrote:

Well, I'm not a fan of this policy either but it's been enforced because it's believed that smaller threads help users navigate easier through them. So, for example, instead of a huge Tangled thread with 529 pages, we get 7 smaller ones.

Same here. I'm all for having huge threads be split up into multiple threads like Frozen I, II, III, etc., but maybe have those posts be separated into a general discussion thread about the film, like "Frozen - General Discussion I, II, III, etc.". Then have sub threads based on Frozen, but then about specific topics about the film - like the music, trailers, animation, etc. That way A) the "Frozen General" thread doesn't grow so fast, bulking everything into it, and B) it's easier to find and read more specific topics about Frozen, that really aren't general, but more specific.

Just my .2. and I'm assuming this is not just some quick thing, and easy to just change. I'm happy with this forum, and I think the admin(s?) here is (are) doing a great job, we are lucky to "keep moving forward".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:30 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

While I don't care too much either way, I have to say this is the only forum I know that has this policy. Other forums usually take pride in big long threads as they show the forum's activity and it helps to attract new members.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I've seen other forums do this, but still, 5 threads does seem unnecessary. The only reason I could find on another forum was that larger threads were harder to archive and sometimes caused problems on the server side of things. I dont think this site has that issue though.

I could see maybe 2 threads, if one was started well before the offiical announcment and didnt want users to have to wade through it to get to the actual discussion. But any more than that, its just... why?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2020 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next