DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gigantic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Not to worry, audiences will delightfully punish Disney and PIXAR this summer, Cars 3 will be PIXAR's second flop following The Good Dinosaur.

You can't come back from a complete turd like Cars 2 and act like nothing happened. I would be surprised if it grosses more than $450 million. And yes, I know the money comes from merchandising, but this will rub off on other sequels domestically for sure. Toy Story 4 is seen as unnecessary and Disney risks losing adult audiences for their films.

The DTV project collapsed eventually. So will this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney, put it out of its misery.

We first heard of this project on May 18, 2013 and it's getting released on November 25, 2020. It'll be almost 8 years by the time the movie premieres. :huh: If you count the time it was in development before we found out about it (at least a couple of years), it's a decade in the making. And that's not counting the time when Chris Buck was heading the project.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Why do they have so little faith in this project? They're bringing back the Lopezes, and Spain has a rich and interesting culture for a fairytale setting that could work to their advantage. And it's not a romance, so people won't have issue with it on that front, so...

Is this something about merchandise or some dumb "boys/girls/moms won't like this omg!" bs reason :roll:

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

Personally, I'm not that interested in this. I much preferred the older version that was leaked. The child giantess and her shenanigans angle they're going with puts me off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hopefully, the new plot is the reason why they're changing the movie. If this movie ever happens, this 7-year wait better be worth it. I was 19 when I first learned about this and now I'm going to be 26 when it comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:30 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm thinking Moana's Box Office performance could be another factor in Gigantic's 2nd delay. It didn't pull in Frozen numbers & the fact that it did less worldwide than Big Hero 6 just wasn't gonna cut it. if anyone has Nathan Greno's twitter address, send him your sympathies :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Hopefully, the new plot is the reason why they're changing the movie. If this movie ever happens, this 7-year wait better be worth it. I was 19 when I first learned about this and now I'm going to be 26 when it comes out.

Other than cash grab sequels to Frozen & WiR, what else, if any are they working on at WDAS? Gigantic was they're only original feature for years, if not that, then what?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney, put it out of its misery.

We first heard of this project on May 18, 2013 and it's getting released on November 25, 2020. It'll be almost 8 years by the time the movie premieres. :huh: If you count the time it was in development before we found out about it (at least a couple of years), it's a decade in the making. And that's not counting the time when Chris Buck was heading the project.

The Pixar Sequel Virus has spread to WDAS :huh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 pm 
Limited Edition

I also rather liked the original story, even if it would've come out a little messy. The whole thing of four main characters tied together on an epic adventure sounded kinda fun.

But tbh i'm only here really for the Spain setting and nothing else.

Although, Disneyera is right, in that aside from Gigantic (and maybe Coco) Disney isn't offering us anything original in the long run. That's a bit of an upsetting thought...

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm 
Limited Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:
I also rather liked the original story, even if it would've come out a little messy. The whole thing of four main characters tied together on an epic adventure sounded kinda fun.

But tbh i'm only here really for the Spain setting and nothing else.

Although, Disneyera is right, in that aside from Gigantic (and maybe Coco) Disney isn't offering us anything original in the long run. That's a bit of an upsetting thought...

This is what DreamWorks did last decade & what Illumination & Pixar is doing now. So instead of WDAS continuing to do what made this Revival era so successful, they're selling out, like everyone else for franchise sequels. Gigantic is now the poster child of the death of an Original feature. First it was 2D Animation, now, it's originality :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Personally, I'm not that interested in this. I much preferred the older version that was leaked. The child giantess and her shenanigans angle they're going with puts me off.

Same here, the girl giant thing is lame. That and the ridiculous title.

A more traditional approach would make me anticipate this more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 pm 
Limited Edition

If Disney ever decides to rerelease this book, this would make the perfect new cover :lol:

Attachments:
35B8671C00000578-3662105-image-a-54_1467031107999.jpg
35B8671C00000578-3662105-image-a-54_1467031107999.jpg [ 140.61 KiB | Viewed 2248 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

At this rate, pretty much :shrug: Will they even talk about it at the Expo? That was one of the reasons why I wanted to go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm 
Limited Edition

So after Coco, there's no original WDAS/Pixar film for 3 years?

And this is obviously being completely revamped again so there are no guarantees.

What a disaster :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
At this rate, pretty much :shrug: Will they even talk about it at the Expo? That was one of the reasons why I wanted to go.

As of now very doubtful. Can you imagine, WDAS D23 2017 presentation WiR 2 & Frozen 2 rotfl Like a poor man's DreamWorks. If they do happen to even mention Gigantic, you can bet it'll be delayed again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:29 pm 
Limited Edition

Lady Cluck wrote:
So after Coco, there's no original WDAS/Pixar film for 3 years?

And this is obviously being completely revamped again so there are no guarantees.

What a disaster :roll:

Especially for Nathan Greno. Must be hard for him to show his face around the studio after this. I believe the reason they haven't completely abandoned it is because they've already spent to much time & $$ to just drop it, so they will just keep stretching the release date & see what becomes of it. They're heart was never in this feature, just they're $$ & time, what a waste.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Odd how all their fairytale films lately have development issues. Weren’t Frozen and especially Tangled long in development (with multiple versions) just like Gigantic? And TP&TF was rushed, wasn’t it?

Oh, well, Moana seemed normal at least.

Reba McEntire ~ "Sing It Now"
Reba McEntire ~ "Hallelujah, Amen"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyEra-Agreed. They should make Frozen 2 switch places for an original film and then a sequel. I feel horrible for Nathan. I can't even imagine what's going on his mind. He deserves a long long vacation after this---and a HUGE drink after the movie is finished :lol:

Disney's Divinity-I was just thinking this. Frozen was at least on and off. Tangled's original Shrek parody film was a hot wreck and it was so much better. But, it was delayed because Glean Keane had a serious heart attack and obviously had to drop out. With this, the same director and different stories and the movie has been pushed FOUR TIMES and now from 2016-2020! Granted, I don't like story, but is this really a hard concept to deal with?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I have not been looking forward to this at all so I'm psyched. I only wish it was cancelled so fingers crossed lol. I'd honestly rather have sequels to quality movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Zootopia than more bastardizations of fairy tales. But I'm sure after all the money that's been poured into it, they'll end up releasing it in one shape or another since that basically happened to Tangled. Rapunzel/Tangled was in production for basically a decade while The Snow Queen was on and off.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Odd how all their fairytale films lately have development issues. Weren’t Frozen and especially Tangled long in development (with multiple versions) just like Gigantic? And TP&TF was rushed, wasn’t it?

They've complained about how difficult it is to adapt fairy tales to screen. For example, the Glean Keane Rapunzel was said by John Lasseter to have the best opening of any Disney film and it was solid until the second half of the film where it just went dead. Disney also claimed that The Snow Queen was too difficult to adapt which is why they changed it so much (this I definitely don't believe considering the original story has so many chapters that it's basically asking for film treatment). Also because the villain and heroine had no connection which is why they became sisters. I'm guessing Gigantic is suffering something similar. To be fair, they complained about this for Beauty and the Beast as well, that the film dropped dead after Belle came to the castle in the early production.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:50 am 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
They should make Frozen 2 switch places for an original film and then a sequel. I feel horrible for Nathan. I can't even imagine what's going on his mind. He deserves a long long vacation after this---and a HUGE drink after the movie is finished :lol:

Disney has a knack for driving their directors crazy, don't they? Nathan Greno will probably quit and join DreamWorks like so many others. :headshake:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next