DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gigantic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:02 pm 
Platinum Edition

A handful of updates.

Quote:
Q: See/Hear anything new about Gigantic?

Steve Hulett: "Gigantic" is still in work but "Moana" is the picture in full-bore production.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... t-hat.html

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDsSOBtS8t/

Nathan Greno wrote:
Researching geese for the new film #Gigantic
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDqJZPtS3V/

Paul Briggs wrote:
One of the things I love most about Disney Animation is when they bring in animals to draw. Today they brought in a Sebastopol Goose! It’s a luxury to have an animal come to you to draw and I never want to take it for granted.
Source: http://pbcbstudios.tumblr.com/post/1396 ... out-disney

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:57 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Paul Briggs wrote:
One of the things I love most about Disney Animation is when they bring in animals to draw. Today they brought in a Sebastopol Goose! It’s a luxury to have an animal come to you to draw and I never want to take it for granted.
Source: http://pbcbstudios.tumblr.com/post/1396 ... out-disney

The goose that lays golden eggs, maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:20 am 
Platinum Edition

The Gigantic Easter egg in Zootopia.

Source: https://ohmy.disney.com/oh-snap/2016/03 ... -zootopia/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Weirdly enough, Gigantic already has a Twitter

https://twitter.com/DisneyGigantic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, at least it's something.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:41 am 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:

Are we sure it's not a fan-made account? It's not verified and it's too early for Disney to have created an official one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:51 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:

Are we sure it's not a fan-made account? It's not verified and it's too early for Disney to have created an official one.

Disney Animation follows it, plus it likes/retweet all of Disney Animation's tweets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:22 pm 
Collector's Edition

I don't know if it's official, but it's never too early for Disney to have one. They need to pre-empt everyone to get the best handle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:04 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney Animation follows it, plus it likes/retweet all of Disney Animation's tweets.

Actually, the official Disney Animation twitter account doesn't follow it; only a fan-made Disney Animation account does, probably run by the same person. Also, considering that the account in question keeps retweeting content from a fan-made Zootopia account instead of the official one, makes it a dead give-away that it's not official.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Uh oh.

Quote:
We don’t know which actors will be playing Jack and Inma in Gigantic yet. Its also been rumored that Gigantic has been going through a bit of a re-discovery (as a lot of Disney and Pixar movies tend to do) and might be pushed back to allow another film to fill the 2018 date.

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-animati ... ouncement/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:45 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Uh oh.

Quote:
We don’t know which actors will be playing Jack and Inma in Gigantic yet. Its also been rumored that Gigantic has been going through a bit of a re-discovery (as a lot of Disney and Pixar movies tend to do) and might be pushed back to allow another film to fill the 2018 date.

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-animati ... ouncement/

Where's the source that Slashfim got the info on Gigantic being pushed back? I'm calling this just speculation on they're part. They have no info on this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is literally the first time all of us heard of this. If there was trouble, I think we would have known by now. If this is true, I wonder what the problem is that keeps holding the movie back. Time to ask Brandon about this

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 am 
Special Edition

We've still got two years before the movie releases. We rarely ever know the actors playing the leads in WDAS movies this early. The only exception I can think of in recent memory is hearing about Jason Bateman being in Zootopia all the way back in early 2013, and Zootopia's story got completely changed in a mere two-or-less years before release as well.

If the lack of casting news and the idea of story revisions alone are what Slashfilm is going off of to make a prediction, they have no sound evidence.

June 30th edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited by Tangled on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah, Brendan said that it was BS, as expected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So, Gigantic is now on the November 21st!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Sorry Gigantic, executives want more sequels. Kick this original garbage down the line. I guess Greno didn't get the job done :angry:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:57 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I am really wondering what is causing Gigantic's problems. This is the SECOND time they're delaying this movie. And not to mention, Wreck-It Ralph 2 just got back to development LAST SUMMER while Frozen 2 is taking longer than WIR 2, so I wonder if Disney is rushing this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, due to this eras fairy tale movies receiving a fall release, it's definitively a synergy. But at least it's not shelved completely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
I am really wondering what is causing Gigantic's problems. This is the SECOND time they're delaying this movie. And not to mention, Wreck-It Ralph 2 just got back to development LAST SUMMER while Frozen 2 is taking longer than WIR 2, so I wonder if Disney is rushing this.

WDAS never had a clear plan pre Tangled's release. After Rupunzel, according to the LA Times they cancelled The Snow Queen & Jack & The Beanstalk. After Tangled became the studio's biggest hit in over a decade, they've just been doing everything on the fly, one feature at a time. Resurrecting The Snow Queen as Frozen, Big Hero 6 thanks to the company's accusation of Marvel & the shocking Box Office run of Zootopia. And it was only a matter of time before the executives green-lit sequels. I mean look at this year so far: Kung-Fu Panda 3, over $510million worldwide. Finding Dory, will easily fly past a billion. And we still have Ice Age 5 next month. 2017. Lego Batman Movie, The Nut Job 2, Cars 3 & Despicable Me 3. I'm just sick Gigantic had to be the victim of the Sequelitis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:33 pm 
Limited Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:

WDAS never had a clear plan pre Tangled's release. After Rupunzel, according to the LA Times they cancelled The Snow Queen & Jack & The Beanstalk. After Tangled became the studio's biggest hit in over a decade, they've just been doing everything on the fly, one feature at a time. Resurrecting The Snow Queen as Frozen, Big Hero 6 thanks to the company's accusation of Marvel & the shocking Box Office run of Zootopia. And it was only a matter of time before the executives green-lit sequels. I mean look at this year so far: Kung-Fu Panda 3, over $510million worldwide. Finding Dory, will easily fly past a billion. And we still have Ice Age 5 next month. 2017. Lego Batman Movie, The Nut Job 2, Cars 3 & Despicable Me 3. I'm just sick Gigantic had to be the victim of the Sequelitis.

What if the film needs the extra time to get it to where it needs to be quality-wise?

For all anyone knows there have been some problems and Gigantic is a few months behind schedule. In which case the delay would be necessary and should be worth the extra time. It hasn't been cancelled altogether in favour of a sequel, it's just been moved a few months back on the release slate; Disney moving their release schedule around is nothing new after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next