Gigantic

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Gigantic

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Don't like it...Looks too Flynn-like. But I guess if they can copy Rapunzel ad-nauseum, then it's fair to copy her man too... :roll:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Not a fan either. I would prefer Jack to be younger. Maybe not as young as he is in the original story but as young as Taran or as old as Aladdin.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I'll judge when we see him in his CGI form.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I'll judge when we see him in his CGI form.
Well, considering most of their characters look better in the hand-drawn concept art than the finished product, I wouldn't expect much there if he's already ugly.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I'll judge when we see him in his CGI form.
If we ever see this design in CGI form now. They might change him.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I'm not impressed by Jack's design either. Too generic.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

ok I guess Im the only one who likes the design... and I dont think he looks anything like Flynn. That and he actually looks like he could be a Spaniard/ Italian/ whatever Mediterranean country they end up going with.

Im curious as to what exactly might change since the last presentation. I cant imagine that the "Jack helps a little girl giant" concept will change much, since its the thing that has become most remembered from the concepts shown. Maybe they'll lose his wife, or just her being pregnant, or we'll see some change with the dynamics of Isma's family. Personally wouldn't mind them losing the whole "Storm giants controlling the weather" thing, seems like an odd detail to add to the story.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I don't mind Jack's design. He reminds me of Jon Hamm.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I would prefer Jack to be younger. Maybe not as young as he is in the original story but as young as Taran or as old as Aladdin.
I would prefer he was a kid like in the fairytale or at least a teenager too, but I liked that he was married and his wife was pregnant in this version because it was something new for a Disney protagonist. But they will probably change that for something more traditional and he will be single in the final film, and they will add a princess he falls in love with.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

If I'm not mistaken, Gigantic's Jack would of been the first male lead to have a song since Hercules "Go the Distance" :facepalm:
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Let's hope whatever happens with this movie, they don't make it the second-half of a package feature. :P
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

He will obviously still have a solo. I'm picturing it will be something like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFatw47azk[/youtube]
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:He will obviously still have a solo. I'm picturing it will be something like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFatw47azk[/youtube]
Yes, I can see this too :up:
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Just realized Gigantic joins these other infamous abandoned/cancelled features from Pixar/DreamWorks.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

This is not cancelled though. It's just been pushed for another two years.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyEra wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Gigantic's Jack would of been the first male lead to have a song since Hercules "Go the Distance" :facepalm:
What about Winnie the Pooh?

Li Shang, Kristoff and Maui also have their own songs, though they aren't the main characters of their respective films. But you're right, female characters get many more songs. I had never really thought about it before.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:This is not cancelled though. It's just been pushed for another two years.
This is right, but Walt Disney Animation Studios really needs to update their website. It says nothing of Wreck It Ralph 2, and still has Gigantic listed for 2018. Concerns me that they don't have a dedicated staff for their website.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

kbehm29 wrote:This is right, but Walt Disney Animation Studios really needs to update their website. It says nothing of Wreck It Ralph 2, and still has Gigantic listed for 2018. Concerns me that they don't have a dedicated staff for their website.
Been saying this since the very beginning. Whoever is in charge of the WDAS site needs to walk the plank!! :evil:

... imagine it turns out to be Eric Goldberg or Randy Haycock, as one of their extra duties, lol.

High-Ranking Disney Executive: "Goldberg, Henn and Haycock! Get cracking at updating the studio website - you're never doing anything around here anyway."

Animators: "Ugh."

High-Ranking Disney Executive: "When you're done you can come to dust my office. What are we paying you for, anyway?"
Last edited by Jules on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

kbehm29 wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:This is not cancelled though. It's just been pushed for another two years.
This is right, but Walt Disney Animation Studios really needs to update their website. It says nothing of Wreck It Ralph 2, and still has Gigantic listed for 2018. Concerns me that they don't have a dedicated staff for their website.
Your right. You would think they would take a little time to updated this feature coming out now in 2020, supposedly. It's been over a month since they delayed it again for the 2nd time in less than 2 years & they hardly give it any attention. Not to mention this is the only Original IP that WDAS has coming out for nearly 4 years! If they don't even mention this feature's existence at next month's D23, then it is clear that they will just cancel it no later than 2019. And for that 2021 feature, that's gonna be Zootopia 2, they're just waiting for that one. It just sucks that all they have coming over the next 3 years are sequels to WiR & Frozen :facepalm:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I guess this confirms there won't be any news on Gigantic at the D23 Expo. I hope at least the "surprise announcement" will be a new feature and not something underwhelming like additional voice cast for WIR2 or something.
Join host John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, as he presents Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Upcoming Films. Never-before-seen footage from Pixar’s upcoming feature Coco and Disney Animation’s Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be unveiled, as well as surprise announcements, musical performances, and appearances by star voice talent.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... on-Studios
ImageImageImageImageImageImage