Gigantic

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Nathan Greno's Giants

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I wouldn't mind if the Lopezes returned, but I'm not so sure about Beck. I'm not so impressed with his work and I thought his work on "Frozen" was quite mediocre. It's not that every Disney movie needs Menken, but at least he is better than Beck, in my opinion.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Warm Regards wrote: (Plus if anyone was expecting Menken for the fairytale film that came right after Frozen, well, sorry.)
Nobody expects that. Nobody rational anyway. As long as Lasseter is still there, Menken won't be doing anymore Disney films.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Warm Regards wrote: (Plus if anyone was expecting Menken for the fairytale film that came right after Frozen, well, sorry.)
Nobody expects that. Nobody rational anyway. As long as Lasseter is still there, Menken won't be doing anymore Disney films.
Sad, but true. :( But Alan Menken made a great run with Disney, and now it's the Lopez's turn. :wink:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Looks like it's coming in 2018.... :(
Brendon Connelly ‏@brendonconnelly 3h

Don't expect Giants in 2016.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Looks like it's coming in 2018.... :(
Brendon Connelly ‏@brendonconnelly 3h

Don't expect Giants in 2016.
Wow! I'm totally shocked :roll: They're not gonna have a Fairy-Tale film overshadow Zootopia. Plus the last time when WDAS released 2 original features in the same year "2002" we saw how that turned out.
magired1
Limited Issue

Post by magired1 »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:Wow! I'm totally shocked :roll: They're not gonna have a Fairy-Tale film overshadow Zootopia. Plus the last time when WDAS released 2 original features in the same year "2002" we saw how that turned out.
Oooooh. Maybe because of Zootopia, it's coming out in 2017, a year later. Barely better than 2018. :|

I just hope this-or Moana-will at least be announced next year. Because Zootopia is the only one that's announced after BH6. If they only mention Zootopia next year, that would be a major disappointment and will leave people confused. Like "That's it?"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Take this with a grain of salt: According to an insider, the casting is happening right now, making it look like Brendan Connelly is wrong about it, being in 2018.
On a side note, early last week they had some VO auditions, and there was some heresay around the office that Daisy Ridley (of Star Wars fame) was brought in for a private audition for a speaking/singing role. Not sure what project it’s for, but Giants has been in preliminary VO casting for a bit, so that seems to be most likely the part she went in for.
http://moanaswaialiki.tumblr.com/post/9 ... ouse-house

Oooooh, I'm guessing Daisy is being considered for Angelina.

I asked the poster where she got her information from and she replied with: "If you are referring to this post: This is not a post written by myself. It’s a submission from a worker at The Mouse House (as he always signs, aka Walt Disney Studios) so he knows all the insider secrets ^__^ He likes to submit to Moana blogs from time to time to keep us updated."
magired1
Limited Issue

Post by magired1 »

That is awesome! ;3 YES! YES! It's gonna be 2016 then! :) YAHOOO!
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Seems about right...
She is currently working on Star Wars, so it shouldn't be that hard to snatch her while she's in the mouse house.

You'd think that after Frozen, Disney would do their best to fast track the next fairytale.
A part of me thinks that Disney wasn't expecting the popularity of Frozen, because if they were, they would roll out with another fairytale right after to cash in. But their "One girl year, one boy year" system is alright too.

Anyways, back on topic.. Here's a video of Daisy Ridley singing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHeW4Cl9pk[/youtube]

I can picture her as a parent or a 23+ yr old character. This was recorded some long time ago so I doubt her voice would have gotten younger. But she does have a good voice.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

She has a lovely, warm, classical voice.

A nice departure from the more.... shrill (not meant in a negative way) voices of Idina, Kristen and Mandy.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

She has a beautiful voice! I think it's too deep for Angelina (most likely, they're going for another princess voice unless Angelina is more of a tomboy), but I think she would be a terrific Imna if they are making her older! :D Or even a parent. But if they added the harp character back, she is PERFECT for her.

EDIT: I just realized this while watching Princess and the Frog last night. Could the reason why we're having celebrities as the princesses now be this movie?

PATF:

-Tony winner as the Princess
-Didn’t do great

Tangled/Frozen:

-2 Celebrites (+ 1 Tony Winner) as Princesses
-Tony winner, Kristin Chenoweth “dropping out of Rapunzel” (Wait, that was before PATF came out, right?)
-Box office hits
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

taei wrote:Seems about right...
She is currently working on Star Wars, so it shouldn't be that hard to snatch her while she's in the mouse house.

You'd think that after Frozen, Disney would do their best to fast track the next fairytale.
A part of me thinks that Disney wasn't expecting the popularity of Frozen, because if they were, they would roll out with another fairytale right after to cash in. But their "One girl year, one boy year" system is alright too. .
True, but my impression is that Frozen is a result of Tangled's success and that's why Disney made it as quick as they did. It was originally scheduled for a 2014 release and I wonder how the film would have been then.

Either way, I would of course love if Giants was released in 2016, but I would loved if it was great, better than Tangled or Frozen.
magired1
Limited Issue

Post by magired1 »

I wonder if it'll be a musical! :3 Imagine the villain song for the evil giants! :) Or whatnot. I WANT TO see the movie come out in 2016. I love Jack and the Beanstalk
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

magired1 wrote:I wonder if it'll be a musical! :3 Imagine the villain song for the evil giants! :) Or whatnot. I WANT TO see the movie come out in 2016. I love Jack and the Beanstalk
Yup, it's going to be a musical! :D And the Lopezes have hinted that they're the songwriters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adb7-EHnmf4

And yes, I can not wait for all of the songs, especially the giants. I imagine something like "Corner of the Sky" for Jack.

BTW, this is my dream cast:

http://wejumpedoutawindow.tumblr.com/po ... -jacobs-as
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
magired1 wrote:I wonder if it'll be a musical! :3 Imagine the villain song for the evil giants! :) Or whatnot. I WANT TO see the movie come out in 2016. I love Jack and the Beanstalk
Yup, it's going to be a musical! :D And the Lopezes have hinted that they're the songwriters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adb7-EHnmf4

And yes, I can not wait for all of the songs, especially the giants. I imagine something like "Corner of the Sky" for Jack.

BTW, this is my dream cast:

Those are really good choices.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

disneyprincess11 wrote: BTW, this is my dream cast:
I really think that Moana should have a female villain and that villain should be voiced by Ariana Grande. She's got a really good voice for a villanis.

I feel like female villains are more prominent that male villains.. That's personally my opinion.
-Brave.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

taei wrote:I really think that Moana should have a female villain and that villain should be voiced by Ariana Grande. She's got a really good voice for a villanis.
LOL.

Oh wait, you're serious?

I would advise her to learn English before she starts voice acting:

http://gawker.com/ariana-grande-girl-wh ... 1626555476
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

PatrickvD wrote: LOL.

Oh wait, you're serious?

I would advise her to learn English before she starts voice acting:

http://gawker.com/ariana-grande-girl-wh ... 1626555476
Oh, I don't listen to any of her songs.. I was basing my decision on her bit with Jimmy Fallon. :)
-Brave.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

Hell no to Ariana. I don't even dislike her really, but that'd be so...Dreamworks. Sure she was an actress before being a pop star, but still.

Are all these characters and plot points actually confirmed? I can't imagine they won't change over the course of production. Say goodbye to Princess Angelina!
LADY Image CLUCK