Disney Character Voices International Inc.

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Disney Character Voices International Inc.

Post by Marky_198 »

Does anyone one here have their email address? I can't find it online.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Character Voices International Inc.

Post by PatrickvD »

Marky_198 wrote:Does anyone one here have their email address? I can't find it online.
As far as I know they are a division of the company that cannot be reached from outside the company unless you are in business with them. If you're thinking of contacting them regarding dubbs on dvd's, you'll be disappointed. Such matters go through Home Entertainment.

And they're cutting back, so don't get your hopes up.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

If you are a "pro" member it looks like you can probably get their contact information through their imdb page. I'm not sure what good it would do though; as PatrickvD stated, most of your questions and concerns would most likely be controlled by Disney's Home Entertainment division.

Good luck regardless! :)
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

Thanks!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I've been there... Seriously, good luck with that. I've talked with the person who run the Greek studio in which every Disney dub is captured and he said the chances of finding them are zero (I can't fin the emails right now).

Keep us updated though in case you find something.
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

I know there are several departments in different countries, also one for the Nordic languages etc.

I actually want to contact the person who is in charge of putting both foreign dubs on the Blu-ray disc, just like they did in Germany and other countries. Finding the dubs is not the problem, as they are just there. It even went wrong in some cases, like 101 Dalmatians, where the new dub did not end up on the disc, only the old one (which luckily is much better). So it seems that there is always a generation that is disappointed as the version they grew up with is not there....
Putting both dubs on the disc will solve this problem.

Plus the fact that the original dub is much closer to the original American version of the film:

Here is the example of Sleeping Beauty. This is the original Dutch dub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x674nhLfnYI

And this is what they did to it in the 90's. Voices that sound nothing like the original and chorus parts that are simply embarrassing. This one clearly was very rushed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV9uHWsf_Sk

And this is the only one that's on the Blu-Ray disc now :( So basically there are 2 Dutch dubs. The first one is just waiting on the shelf somewhere and will probably be lost forever.... When the 101 Dalmatians dvd was released, for some reason they used the original Dutch dub, which sounded wonderful, as they remastered it, this was actually by accident, or someone working there made it happen as he/she realized the huge difference in quality and wanted to fight for justice and future generations.

So unfortunately, a whole generation is disappointed that only the new Sleeping Beauty dub is on the Blu-Ray. I know I would buy at least 10 discs for friends and family that would love to have the original dub.