DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10084
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
disneyphilip wrote:
What you just said here is not only incredibly stupid and wrong, but also discriminatory and just like racism. :angry:
Nothing he said is anything like racism. What loony bin did you fly out of?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11939
While in Paris to promote Zootopia, Clark Spencer revealed that Frozen 2 is scheduled for 2019.

So, the full schedule for WDAS, Pixar, DisneyToon, and WDS films (excluding Marvel, Lucasfilm or DreamWorks) becomes the following.

Zootopia: March 04, 2016
The Jungle Book: April 15, 2016
Alice Through the Looking Glass: May 27, 2016
Finding Dory: June 17, 2016
Pete's Dragon: August 12, 2016
Queen of Katwe: September 23, 2016
Moana: November 23, 2016
Beauty and the Beast: March 17, 2017
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: May 26, 2017
Cars 3: June 16, 2017
Coco: November 22, 2017
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: December 22, 2017
Gigantic: March 09, 2018
Toy Story 4: June 15, 2018
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 02, 2018
Wreck-It Ralph 2: November 21, 2018
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: March 29, 2019
Untitled DisneyToon Studios Film: April 12, 2019
The Incredibles 2: June 21, 2019
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 08, 2019
Frozen 2: November 27, 2019
Untitled Pixar Film: March 13, 2020
Untitled Pixar Film: June 19, 2020
Untitled WDAS Film: November 25, 2020

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Los Angeles
Untitled WDAS Film: November 25, 2020

So how will WDAS start the new decade :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:33 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11939
DisneyEra wrote:
So how will WDAS start the new decade :?

Probably with a sequel. Maybe Big Hero 7? :P

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Los Angeles
Sotiris wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:
So how will WDAS start the new decade :?

Probably with a sequel. Maybe Big Hero 7? :P


I would prefer this:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11939
DisneyEra wrote:
I would prefer this

The movie Cosmic 3000 was shelved a long time ago (and that logo is fan-made, needless to say).

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:09 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 3942
Location: Maryland, USA
At first, I wondered why Frozen 2 is coming out so late. Then, I remembered:

Frozen-Release date: November 27, 2013

Well played, Disney :up: :up: :up:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:03 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 3942
Location: Maryland, USA
From the WDAS Marketing internship...

Quote:
Coordinating and executing Marketing and PR plans for Walt Disney Animation Studios upcoming releases, including Moana, Inner Workings and Gigantic.


We either have our 2018/2020 film or a short, or this is some typo. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:47 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Los Angeles
disneyprincess11 wrote:
From the WDAS Marketing internship...

Quote:
Coordinating and executing Marketing and PR plans for Walt Disney Animation Studios upcoming releases, including Moana, Inner Workings and Gigantic.


We either have our 2018/2020 film or a short, or this is some typo. :o


I'm gonna say it's their new Short Film. The title sounds/reminds to much of Inside Out & it would of been mentioned after Gigantic, since Gigantic is next after Moana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10084
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Sotiris wrote:
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: December 22, 2017
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 02, 2018
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: March 29, 2019
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 08, 2019
These have to be films we've already learned about, right? I'm guessing Genies, Mulan, and Tinker Bell are more likely to happen first? Maybe Aladdin will be in 2019 and Genies in 2017.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
"Genies" are so pointless (and the same can be said for movies like "Cruella de Vil", "Tinker Bell" and "Maleficent 2"), but I guess Disney are way into those "origin stories (with a possible twist)" now to stop anytime soon. I hope it does not flop and gives Disney an excuse to not give us "Aladdin".

I would rather see live action versions of movies like The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules or Snow White in the spirit of the very decent "Cinderella" live action movie we got last year, instead of yet another Cruella movie or a sequel to the total disaster that was "Maleficent". A decent live action "Sleeping Beauty" movie somewhere down the line to make up for that trainwreck would be a pleasant surprise.

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Last edited by Prince Edward on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:47 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1978
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: December 22, 2017
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 02, 2018
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: March 29, 2019
Untitled Live-Action Fairy Tale Film: November 08, 2019
These have to be films we've already learned about, right? I'm guessing Genies, Mulan, and Tinker Bell are more likely to happen first? Maybe Aladdin will be in 2019 and Genies in 2017.


Has Dumbo's release date been revealed yet? We also have Prince Charming, The Sword in the Stone, Maleficent 2, Pinocchio, Winnie the Pooh, and Cruella De Vil (the latter two aren't fairy tales but I think they count in the category).

Prince Edward wrote:
"Genies" are so pointless (and the same can be said for movies like "Cruella de Vil", "Tinker Bell" and "Maleficent 2"), but I guess Disney are way into those "origin stories (with a possible twist)" now to stop anytime soon. I hope it does not flop and gives Disney an excuse to not give us "Aladdin".

I would rather see live action versions of movies like The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules or Snow White in the spirit of the very decent "Cinderella" live action movie we got last year, instead of yet another Cruella movie or a sequel to the total disaster that was "Maleficent".


I'm excited for Genies although I hope it actually expands upon the source material and invokes stories from the original djinn. I have no interest in Maleficent 2 or Tink which will probably be the sugar-coated character from the Tinker Bell movies. I would much prefer a more straight-forward Peter Pan adaptation (with either Peter or Wendy as the lead) rather than another Maleficent retelling of the story.

Since there are non-Disney live action films of Little Mermaid and Hunchback coming out, I'm hoping that will galvanize Disney into creating their own versions for these two as well. I'd love to see Pocahontas but I can't see Disney touching that anytime soon if ever. Snow White has a good chance, but I think they'll wait a couple of years to distance it from the previous live-action adaptations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
You are right, JeanGreyForever. Disney's definition of "live action fairytale" seem to also include everything that is based on a animated movie made by the studio.

I guess "Genies" might turn out to be more interesting than I think at this point. So long as it does not add anything that stands in conflict with the animated movie and/or the original fairytale I guess it turn out ok at least. I will watch it and give it a try when it arrives in cinemas. It can hardly be as bad as "Maleficent" anyway.

I agree with you on "Tinker Bell", I would also rather see a "Peter Pan" live action movie from Disney. "Pinocchio" might be interesting as well. And yes, I think we'll get "Snow White" somewhere down the line. One would think they would also make their best effort to establish "The Little Mermaid" as a "Disney thing" and make their own live action version of that movie as well. "Hunchback" they have no love or respect for sadly. But when they can make a live action movie out of "Mulan" I would think that they could give "Hercules" the same treatment as well. It's not like Mulan is much more popular or well known than Hercules today.

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1978
Prince Edward wrote:
You are right, JeanGreyForever. Disney's definition of "live action fairytale" seem to also include everything that is based on a animated movie made by the studio.

I guess "Genies" might turn out to be more interesting than I think at this point. So long as it does not add anything that stands in conflict with the animated movie and/or the original fairytale I guess it turn out ok at least. I will watch it and give it a try when it arrives in cinemas. It can hardly be as bad as "Maleficent" anyway.

I agree with you on "Tinker Bell", I would also rather see a "Peter Pan" live action movie from Disney. "Pinocchio" might be interesting as well. And yes, I think we'll get "Snow White" somewhere down the line. One would think they would also make their best effort to establish "The Little Mermaid" as a "Disney thing" and make their own live action version of that movie as well. "Hunchback" they have no love or respect for sadly. But when they can make a live action movie out of "Mulan" I would think that they could give "Hercules" the same treatment as well. It's not like Mulan is much more popular or well known than Hercules today.

I think The Little Mermaid will definitely happen, but it might just be some time till that point. As for Hunchback, I'm hoping that if Esmeralda becomes a success, Disney might see an incentive in developing this as well.

Mulan does have a couple of things going for it though.
One, the end of the Renaissance (Mulan, Tarzan) succeeded critically and commercially more than the middle of the Renaissance (Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules). Mulan and Tarzan were both even vaulted for some time. Out of all of the post-Lion King renaissance films, Mulan is generally the one most well known and also the one that I see gets the most merchandise. Even Tarzan, unfortunately, doesn't get much anymore probably because of the legal rights over it.

Second, is that Disney got a lot of flack for creating only live-action films based on European stories. So of course, Mulan was announced shortly after Cinderella when people were clamoring for Disney to bring a non-European princess to the big screen. After Jasmine, Mulan would probably be the best choice to make a film out of, if not better because she's the actual protagonist of her film.

Finally, Hercules has had two big releases in the past few years and both flopped so I think Disney might take from that, that the public really isn't interested in seeing Hercules films. If Hercules was one of Disney's big properties like Snow White for example, that might not deter them, but because Disney barely ever acknowledges Hercules anyway, I don't think the box office receipts for previous Hercules films will really encourage them to give this movie another shot.

I wonder if they'll ever make that Oz sequel. I would much prefer that over anything Maleficent or Alice related.

And I still hope Aida gets made one day, although preferably without Beyonce in the lead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:25 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
A sequel to Oz the Great and Powerful I would actually love to see! Aida would be interesting as well.

Maleficent 2 is just milking the money. I can't imagine what the plot will be since the horrible plot of the first movie was all wrapped up at the end. Seems like many Disney fans who know Disney's Sleeping Beauty treats this movie different than the critics and the average moviewatcher. Some critics I read wrote about it's "exciting and original twist" and praised how it portrayed a "strong woman" in the lead. Giving Disney a hard time for their perceived bad portrait of women and princesses (I swear none seem to remember Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Megara etc). Bullshit if you ask me.

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:00 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11939
Quote:
As of earlier in 2016, EW learned that at least the next four films following The Incredibles 2 were all originals, but take that with a grain of CGI salt. Pixar’s signature story-building process takes years, and the studio has been known to shelve a tale if it simply doesn’t captivate.
Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/18/pixar-films

Quote:
Morris says, “Everything after Toy Story and The Incredibles is an original right now.” Following The Incredibles 2 in 2019, Pixar’s next two films — currently listed on Disney’s release schedule for March and June of 2020, respectively — are both originals, independent of one another but both of which take place in “unusual but believable worlds that take us in even other directions than we’ve pursued in the past.” Following those two, Morris says, are two more original films in early development that aren’t dated on the studio’s schedule yet but are “highly likely.” No other sequels are planned at the moment, Morris says.
Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/pi ... inside-out

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Spain
Sotiris wrote:
Quote:
As of earlier in 2016, EW learned that at least the next four films following The Incredibles 2 were all originals, but take that with a grain of CGI salt. Pixar’s signature story-building process takes years, and the studio has been known to shelve a tale if it simply doesn’t captivate.
Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/18/pixar-films


That's great news! I hope they don't cancel or delay them in favor of new sequels.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11939
Interesting. This is the first time Disney's doing this to announce something. What do you think it'll be? A sequel to Wreck-It Ralph or Zootopia?

Image
Source: https://www.facebook.com/Disney/photos/ ... 235115954/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 3942
Location: Maryland, USA
It's either the full cast of Moana (We got the Frozen and Big Hero 6 cast around this time) or Wreck it Ralph 2. WIR 2 has been on ice forever for Rich to do Zootopia. I can't imagine them waiting a long time to do WIR 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:57 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Los Angeles
Sotiris wrote:
Interesting. This is the first time Disney's doing this to announce something. What do you think it'll be? A sequel to Wreck-It Ralph or Zootopia?

Image
Source: https://www.facebook.com/Disney/photos/ ... 235115954/


Hey, I can dream can't I.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Will Barks and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group