Mickey Mouse & Roger Rabbit in The Stooge

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Mickey Mouse & Roger Rabbit in The Stooge

Post by Sotiris »

I've just been told by one of my hush-hush Hollywood sources that there's a new movie in the works starring big-time Toontown stars Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit. The movie is called The Stooge. It will be based on the classic Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie of the same name. The story has the emotional empathy and sensibilities of Wall-E and Toy Story. It will be a (G) Rated Pixar type animated musical buddy comedy. Mickey takes on the Dean Martin role, Roger, who is already regarded as a comic genius in France, takes the Jerry Lewis part.

The film incorporates five specific locations from the Disneyland park. It also introduces the Toon Train, an exciting and interesting way to travel through Toontown. The film features real-life people. Walt Disney costars. Orson Wells makes an appearance.

The packaged Development Proposal is currently being evaluated by Disney and Pixar. Meetings are happening! Directors and writers are being evaluated. Hold your breath! For now, that's all I can tell you! Believe me, there's lots more to come.
Source: http://blog.garywolf.com/2013/02/mickey ... -star.html

Gary K. Wolf wrote:This post about The Stooge movie is real. This is an actual project making its way through the system. It will be all animated, so no celebrity look-alikes involved. To prevent confusion in the future, on my blog space at Gary K. Wolf I'll post all of the true stuff under my name and let that prevaricating gossip columnist Walter Windchill, the coldest man in Toontown, handle the fiction.
Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/fron ... e-not.html

A person who is closer to Gary Wolf than me (who wants to remain anonymous) told me those news are, in fact, real. “The Stooge” is an actual in-development project, which is being discussed with Disney and Pixar at this moment. That doesn't mean it’s going to be greenlighted, but there’s a slight chance they pull the trigger and give “The Stooge” a try.
Source: http://toontownantics.blogspot.com/2013 ... r-all.html

Gary K. Wolf wrote:There’s been a lot written today about the new Mickey Mouse/Roger Rabbit movie The Stooge. There’s been some question about the story’s veracity. My fault. I posted this on my blog under the pseudonym Walter Windchill, the gossip columnist character I created and use to disseminate fake news from Toontown. I use Walter and his gossipy tidbits to promote my forthcoming Roger Rabbit novel, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? Real news I usually blog under my own name. In this case, I simply forgot to change over.

Here’s the true scoop, straight from the rabbit’s mouth. The Stooge is a real development proposal for a Disney/Pixar movie. It has the same title as the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film and some of the same plot elements, but it’s not a remake. The storyline in this Stooge is quite different.

This movie, which will be all animated, has nothing to do with the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They are totally different concepts and projects. It’s not a case of making one instead of the other. In an ideal, rabbit-centric world, Disney will make both.

The Stooge development producer Erik von Wodtke came up with the story and wrote the treatment. He showed it to me hoping that I would see how special it was and would be interested in coming in on the project. With that, he did succeed. I love the idea of a Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit musical buddy comedy. This is a co-star pairing made in cartoon heaven. Two iconic cartoon characters playing off one another in a story that has the heart and emotional soul of films like Wall-E and Toy Story.

Art director Doug A Sirois has been working on Stooge concept art. What I’ve seen so far is sensational. I will be involved in the project in a writing and creative capacity. Erik is currently talking to a number of top-flight screenwriters and directors. Watch my blog. I’ll keep fans posted on Stooge developments. From now on under my own name, not Walter’s.
Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61064

Gary K. Wolf wrote:Art director Douglas Sirois and me meeting to dicuss scene designs for our new project The Stooge, a feature-length animated movie starring Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse.
Source: http://blog.garywolf.com/2013/02/workin ... tooge.html

Don Hahn: "I don’t know anything about what Gary K. Wolf has been saying about Roger Rabbit. I haven’t read any of the rumors recently. I obviously know Gary, though I probably haven’t seen him in 20 years. I honestly haven’t read anything, though, so it’s hard to comment."

At this point, I explained Wolf’s particular comments on a new Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse picture called The Stooge. Hahn then went on:

"Oh… I don’t know anything about that at all. It’s the 25th anniversary of Roger which is incredible, so I just think there’s a lot of excitement and chatter bubbling up because of that. We've got a retrospective coming up in April at the Academy with Robert Zemeckis and the film is coming out on Blu-ray."
Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/07/ ... -and-more/

This morning, we somehow managed to get the reclusive Roger Rabbit himself (aka published scientist and comedian Charles Fleischer) on the phone to talk about the Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Blu-ray coming out March 12th, and he called this news a little white lie.

"I would say the key word of the phrase is 'rumor'. Yes. It is unsubstantiated. I would say that any sequel that will occur will more than likely involve Mr. Robert Zemeckis. This is a rumor. That is it. Although, I am not an executive at Disney Studios. I would wager that it is more than a rumor. I would say its closer to a fabrication. But you never know. That's why they call it a "roo-muuuur!"

When asked if it was, in fact, Gary K. Wolf who had perpetuated this rumor, Roger confirmed this fact, before trying to sell us on his upcoming Blu-ray.

"Yes. He did. But I will say...What isn't a rumor is the Blu-ray DVD which is available on the 12th."
Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... st-a-rumor

Q: You’re currently working on conceptual art for a new Roger Rabbit pitch. How did you become involved with the project?

Douglas A. Sirois: I lived in Claremont, California for ten years and I became friends with development producer, Erik Von Wodtke, from Edge of LA Productions. He approached me about doing some concept art and development poster art for packaging several different screenplays that he has written. So far we have worked on half a dozen intellectual property packages together, where I act as art director and illustrator. We both met Charles Fleisher (the voice of Roger Rabbit) in 2008 at one of my gallery shows and we’ve stayed in touch ever since.

A few years later Erik came up with this great parody idea for a team up story starring Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit based on the Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis comedy called The Stooge. As the art director on The Stooge proposal, I brought in a talented illustrator, Cuyler Smith, and directed him on the best way to approach the key scenes we needed for this development proposal.

I illustrated and designed some proposal posters and the proposal book for the concept. We approached Roger Rabbit creator, Gary K. Wolf and he is so excited to see The Stooge get made into a movie and he offered to help write the film. Shannon McGee, a technical director at Disney Animation (Tangled, Wreck It Ralph) is very interested in directing The Stooge as a feature animated film as well as another story developed by Erik Von Wodtke and I, entitled, Santa’s Helper. We are very optimistic that it will happen.

Q: Aside from his regular appearance on the Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey Mouse seems to have been very quiet of late when it comes to feature films. How does it feel to be working on such an iconic character? The Stooge will be, sort of, a feature resurrection for the character. How does it feel being part of introducing, or re-introducing him, to a new generation?

Douglas A. Sirois: Disney seems to be aware that they are running Mickey in the mud right now with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse TV show. They have been trying to figure out how to do a Pixar-type thing with Mickey and the same with Roger for a while now, but they never thought about Mickey and Roger together. No one has thought of comparing Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis with Mickey and Roger, but everyone who looks at the proposal and watches The Stooge with this proposal in mind, has voiced how perfect it all fits. Gary K. Wolf was blown away after Erik had him watch the Stooge. It all fits bizarrely perfect. The studio seems to be looking for same buddy comedy emotional animated feature type thing that they did with Buzz and Woody in Toy Story.

If the Stooge gets picked up, it will be a great feeling to have had a hand in bringing these two iconic characters to a larger audience. It’ll be huge for me personally. I can say to my kids that I had the opportunity to introduce these characters that I grew up on to them and theta i am very proud of that. Well, My fingers are crossed for that!

Q: How far along in the development process are you with The Stooge?

Douglas A. Sirois: The Stooge has a treatment and we have a few writers brainstorming. We are developing more concept art. We have two directors interested and are actively looking for a Disney producer to take it to the next level. It is a great concept and a ton of fun developing. We also have been working with Gary K. Wolf on some Roger Rabbit short animation concepts that will also grab more attention and celebrate the 25th anniversary of the character this year!
Source: http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2013/03/exclu ... -a-sirois/

AICN has been in contact with Gary Wolf for the past couple of weeks. Wolf assures us that the project is happening. In fact, he's told Harry that his next ROGER RABBIT novel coming out later this year will have a certain character named Harry in it.
Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61427

Gary recalls the fascinating beginning to what appears to be a future blockbuster called The Stooge. Wolf comments, "I got involved with it at a relatively short time ago because I am Facebook friends with Charley Fleischer who was the voice of Roger Rabbit. He had posted this poster on Facebook for something called The Stooge and I didn't know what it was! I put a little comment on it telling him that it looked pretty cool! I then received a note from Erik Von Wodtke who is the development producer. The more he started telling me about it, the more enthusiastic I became!"

Gary K. Wolf was naturally hesitant to reveal details, but during the course of the interview-there were several intriguing ideas that he discussed. The film will differ from the previous Roger Rabbit film in that The Stooge will be completed animated. Wolf speaks, "think about it as travelling vaudeville show. Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit are partners in the act and they are travelling on the Toon Train. The Toon Train visits what are basically the lands of Disneyland. It incorporates the lands of Disneyland and makes them real. It takes place in 1942 before the events of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I proposed the idea of having Minnie Mouse and Jessica Rabbit as a sister act. It is what is called an act where two young women dress alike and perform. This is the movie where Roger meets Jessica!"

This columnist is also pleased to pass along this possible scoop of which Gary K. Wolf has received from development producer, Erik Von Wodtke. Wolf reveals, "we are hoping that they will be a contract and that it is between Disney and Robert Zemeckis for Roger 2!" He amusingly adds, "it will be the year of the rabbit!"

Gary K. Wolf's optimism and enthusiasm was and is very contagious which should not be surprising as he created the world of Roger Rabbit. Wolf concludes, "this is my character co-starring with Mickey Mouse. On the first movie it was a dream come true, but this is the dream come true-part 2. When the first movie came out, I thought it couldn't get better than this, but now it has gotten better!"
Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/the-cre ... aks-part-1

Q: Gary K. Wolf, who wrote the book the movie is based on, posted on his web site recently that there was going to be some more Roger Rabbit. Is there anything you can say about that?

Charles Fleischer: Because I am not an executive at Disney Studios, I would say it's premature to make any comments, however, if there is to be a sequel, I would more than likely consider that Rob Zemeckis would be the man at the helm, and all those other things are premature or authentic and doubtful in my opinion. I do still have hope that Bob Zemeckis will again take the helm and bring Roger back. It's been 25 years, and that's a good amount of time to wait.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-you ... 03967.html

Q: What plans do you have, other than the new novel, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film?

Gary K. Wolf: The Motion Picture Academy of Arts and Sciences is having a big event to commemorate the anniversary. I'll go to that. The movie is coming out on Blu-ray. I'll watch that. I'm working on a new Roger all-animated movie called 'The Stooge' in which Roger co-stars with Mickey Mouse.
Source: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10265/The_Re ... ger_Rabbit

Wolf's energy and enthusiasm once again was very evident as we discussed the unique proposal for the eventual Roger Rabbit film entitled, The Stooge. This reporter can only state that the pitch proposal created by development producer, Erik Von Wodtke and Gary K. Wolf was written to create the impression that Roger Rabbit himself was pitching the project! Gary exclaims, "I am very happy with the way that has turned out. It was a stunning bit of work. The premise itself is so right and so right for the characters."

Wolf and Von Wodtke are not merely content to see whom may bite on the proposal for the prequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but they are aggressively plotting three animated short films that demonstrate the character in full glory with abundant and very clever references to the films of the late and legendary director, Alfred Hitchcock. The titles of these three shorts are Rear Window Rabbit, The Rabbit Who Knew Too Much and The Birds. Gary discusses Rear Window Rabbit, "I do believe you don't have to be a Hitchcock buff or even have seen Rear Window to think the cartoon is funny. If you have seen Rear Window then you will understand the deeper humor in that cartoon." These short animated films will also have the advantage that there is a new enthusiasm for the films of Alfred Hitchcock. Wolf elaborates, "Hitchcock's been really big lately. There has been a Hitchcock film, a cable station movie about Tippi Hedren and The Birds and now a television series about the Bates Motel. Hitchcock is really big now!"

This columnist had the opportunity to look over all of the scripts for the three animated shorts and immediately impressive was the clever and hilarious use of famous Disney characters that span the entire history of the beloved film company. The animated Roger Rabbit proposed short film, The Birds is a wonderfully inventive example of cameo appearances by well known characters. Gary comments, "Erik Von Wodtke and I were going over some of the birds. He pointed something out to me that I hadn't even thought about. Donald Duck is a bird!" Wolf continues, "I don't think that one lampoons Alfred Hitchcock as much as Sylvester Stallone's movie, The Expendables or The Dirty Dozen!" Wolf adds with a laugh, "let's pull together a whole bunch of dissimilar characters and put them on a suicide mission!"

One of the most fascinating developments unfolding at the time of the interview is the fact that there might be two Roger Rabbit films that may be released. These films should not be thought of as being in conflict and in all probability, Gary K. Wolf will be involved in both of the productions. Gary explains, "the two films are not mutually exclusive! You could see both-I don't really know at this point. There is a difference! The Roger Rabbit sequel movie (if it ever gets made) is going to be similar to the first movie. The Stooge is more of G-rated animated movie with the sensibility of a Wall-E or Toy Story. There will be no question that this will be a family oriented movie."

Gary K. Wolf is refreshingly candid and many of his answers provide a unique insight into the art of how to pitch a film idea and the sheer bravado one needs in order to do so. Wolf clarifies, "the next step will be getting it to somebody at the studio to take a look at it so they can give us a yes or a no. They need to be interested in putting some development money into it and see how it works out." Gary's confidence in the material is cleverly demonstrated with his realization of a possibly fatal cul-de-sac he may find himself in. Wolf speaks, "realistically there is only one place that can make this movie. There is only place where Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit exist and that is Disney. If Disney isn't interested, then that is it! You can't go to Warner Brothers." This fact has obviously not deterred Gary K. Wolf and Erik Von Wodtke. Their solution to this is creatively logical and flawless! Gary illustrates, "the good part of it is that we have structured the whole proposal so that it is Disney-centric and there are a lot of spin-offs to this proposal that would make sense to Disney. The whole movie, The Stooge is going to be set in Disney theme park lands." Wolf excitedly continues, "they take a train from land to land with their traveling vaudeville show. You are not only merchandising Roger and Mickey, but you are merchandising the Disneylands! There are a lot of new characters, so there is merchandising too!" Wolf is shrewdly aware of the business of filmmaking. Gary adds, "there is a lot of product placement in movies today and luckily all the products placed in this movie are Disney characters! It should have a lot of appeal to Disney because it is commercial, but yet it is a lot of fun and not overtly commercial. Wolf amusingly adds, "we will not be putting a can of coke in Mickey's hand every time he appears on the screen!"

Wolf departs with this tantalizing and ambitious comment, "we would love to have Tom Hanks voicing Walt Disney. We would love to have Ryan Gosling as Jimmy Stewart! We would love to get Samuel L. Jackson as Louis Armstrong! The real coup would be Ben Affleck voicing Orson Welles who is Mickey's buddy in the movie!" Are these individuals close to be signed on? Gary responds with his usual confidence, "I am going to write them a letter to see if they are interested!"
Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/the-gar ... right-next

Douglas [Sirois] was busy working on the development project to present to Disney execs, alongside writers Gary K. Wolf (Roger Rabbit author) and Erik Von Wodtke. Well, it appears that now the development proposal is finished and has been submitted to Disney for assessment. [...]

Producer Erik von Wodtke adds, “We all worked really hard with Gary K. Wolf to make this Roger Rabbit development proposal something special as a 25 anniversary tribute. Charles Fleischer and Gary K. Wolf are both very inspiring and talented. After all these years, it would be spectacular to see this character come back to the screen some way, some how. It was my pleasure to assist these artists in trying to make that happen.”
Source: http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2013/04/behin ... -a-sirois/
Q: Hello, Erik, and thank you for taking a moment to visit with us today! I want to start by asking about your movie proposal. Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit aren’t usually thought of as a pair, so tell me how you came up with the idea for The Stooge.

Erik von Wodtke: Hello Andrea, very nice to meet you. This development proposal has turned out quite interesting. It all started years ago when I had a chance to meet the very talented and legendary Charles Fleischer (the voice of Roger Rabbit). He was working on an art exhibit about “Red Chairs”…and so I invited him to exhibit some of his work at a studio art gallery show I was producing. Charles has amazing art and creative design work that is definitely worth checking out.

One day after hanging out with Charles, I was suddenly struck with a vision about a musical buddy comedy with Mickey and Roger that could have the same family (G) rated tone and heart as Toy Story or Wall-e. Some of the joking improvisation that Charles was doing that day reminded me of a 1952 film entitled The Stooge - starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. So… I raced home to revisit this classic film and… I quickly realized that doing a parody of The Stooge would be more than a perfect pitch. Art director and concept artist Douglas Sirois and I got together to cook up a visual presentation with a treatment. Now at this point, we were doing this mostly for fun… because our hearts wanted Roger (Charles) to return to the world of Toontown animation excellence. Wouldn’t it be great if Roger and Mickey were in a Pixar-type movie together?

Then we shared with Gary K. Wolf (the creator of Roger Rabbit and Toontown), and he just loved it. Gary is working on his new novel entitled, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?, and he found what we were dreaming up was exceptionally inspiring. So, Gary jumped in and the whole project suddenly became a more serious development proposal. We started interviewing relevant writers, directors, producers… and the project started growing. Gary began posting our progress on his website, and then the word got out, and the fans responded with overwhelming excitement. Thousands of emails came in to my work inquiring about details regarding The Stooge project. Some fans started arguing online if this was really in the works… When this was coming out?... Was this a rumor?... Was this actually happening?... Some fans started posting misleading information about the whole thing… hilarious really. But, truth is truth, and this is a real development proposal, which like most development proposals, it might never get the green-light.

Q: A lot of people are asking if this is a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but that isn’t the case, is it?

Erik von Wodtke: No, this is not a sequel for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. That is a project that I think Robert Zemeckis is working on getting off the ground. I hope the movie gods will help him make that a success. It is so sad that Roger Rabbit has not been on the screen for 25 years. The Stooge is mostly different because it is a G-rated, all-animated feature like Toy Story and other Pixar/Disney motion pictures. It is Gary's 25th anniversary gift to the fans and filmmakers. The overall challenge with this proposal was to slightly reinvent Roger and Toontown for the G-rated Disney/Pixar family audience....make a musical buddy comedy with Mickey and Roger that has the same tone and heart as Toy Story....and set the stage with a series of new "Roger Rabbit - Toontown" animated shorts that heavily cross-markets the Disneyland parks with a new animated series.

Q: Any insider information on the future of the film yet?

Erik von Wodtke: The development proposal is still moving around the insides of Disney. It is a great 25th anniversary gift for an amazing character that has really been neglected. I believe that Roger Rabbit fans will be happy in the future… I have hope for the little guy.

Q: What has been your interest in and/or involvement with Roger Rabbit prior to the movie proposal? Have you and Gary K. Wolf worked together before?

Erik von Wodtke: I’m working with several different clients to develop their stories, concepts, and ideas. Each project is different, but lots of stuff gets developed and ready for professional pitch. It is fun and interesting work. Gary has been a thrill to work with. Together we wrote 3 new Roger Rabbit animated shorts. Really fun stuff…I look forward to doing more with him.

Q: Everyone seems to be clamoring for more Roger Rabbit. What do you attribute this renewed interest to?

Erik von Wodtke: Well… the development proposal has fired up interest, but it is really the 25th anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and the Blu-ray just came out, and there has been a bunch of promotional stuff about that. They are having a panel at Comic con about the making of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Gary is working on the new Roger Rabbit book that I think is coming out in November.

Q: With Gary’s latest book about Roger’s escapades, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?, releasing this fall, do you think it will help your case with Disney on the movie proposal?

Erik von Wodtke: Strange as it is, our little development proposal of Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit in The Stooge has received a landslide of press and news…any Roger Rabbit project will obviously benefit from that. I think Gary’s new novel is going to be a hit. Roger deserves a big serious comeback.
Source: http://musapublishing.blogspot.com/2013 ... fever.html

Wolf shared some more details, exclusive only to ImNotBad.com, on the role Jessica Rabbit will play in the film, "It will show how Roger meets Jessica. In the movie Jessica and Minnie will have a singing, dancing sister act and we get to see Jessica Rabbit find her 'look'."
Source: http://www.imnotbad.com/2013/02/exclusi ... movie.html

Q: Any updates on the potential Stooge movie with Mickey and Roger? The fact that it's a prequel to WFRR makes me oh so excited!

Gary K. Wolf: Last I heard, The Stooge project was slowly wending its way through the Disney evaluation process. More than that, I don't know.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... e/#cctom7a

Erik von Wodtke wrote:Meeting suddenly happening next week about this development project. It's a great proposal. It just needs the right champion over at the mouse house.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/EdgeofLA/posts ... eam_ref=10

Q: Is this still happening?

Erik von Wodtke: Still going. The Stooge is still fighting to return Roger Rabbit to the silver screen. The development proposal turned out wonderful and Gary K. Wolfs new book, "Who Wacked Roger Rabbit" has received great reviews. Roger is ready and waiting for the call.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater
Q: Out of curiosity, will Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Baby Herman, Benny the Cab or the Toon Patrol appear in "The Stooge"? For one thing, if the Toon Patrol appeared, it would be cool to see how those weasels came to despise Roger and become his worst enemies (which would've eventually led to them teaming up with Judge Doom)?

Erik von Wodtke: Yup....and Yes, the plan is to have them all in the feature and they are already written into the animated shorts.... a Toontown universe.

Q: Another thing: Will any of the Roger shorts being produced in conjuction with "The Stooge" include cameos by characters from the animated features, attractions, TV shows, etc., considering that they'll be in "The Stooge"?

Erik von Wodtke: Yup. There are 3 animated shorts that are being pitched with the animated feature. Almost all those characters are in there.
Q: I've been thinking about this; Is The Stooge going to have a villain (antagonist)?

Erik von Wodtke: Could be a big villain but nothing is set. The story Gary K Wolf and I developed explores how the characters Roger, Mickey and Jessica all first met. The purpose of this development proposal is to bring Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit together in a feature animated musical buddy comedy....with similar heart and tone to Toy Story etc.

Q: Supposing Disney does greenlit this but DisneyToon Studios (of the Tinker Bell and Planes series) does the animation? Would you be fine with that?

Erik von Wodtke: Disney would do tests to get the animation just right. I'm thinking it would be 2D or 2.5D animation.

Q: No doubt Charles Fleischer will return to voice Roger, but who do you have in mind to voice Mickey? Bret Iwan or Chris Diamantopoulos?

Erik von Wodtke: I would want Charles to do both Roger and Mickey voices. Few actors are this talented, and he is amazing. And thinking Tom Hanks for Walt Disney.

Q: OK. So if I'm reading correctly, the film is set to be a fully traditional 2D animated film or 2.5D ala Paperman, (but no chance of being a live-action/animation hybrid) right? Anyway, thanks for answering my questions and again looking forward to this.

Erik von Wodtke: Right. This is a feature animation. And animated shorts. There is also a Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 project in the works as well, but I don't know the statues of that project and it is a totally separate thing.

Q: Charles is and always shall be the voice of Roger to me, you can't replace him. Heck, he even reprised him for Roger's ToonTown Dream at Disneyland Paris last year.

Erik von Wodtke: Charles is actually in the development proposal. He is an amazing talent and I'm very loyal to him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Yeah, okay, but which studio is making this then? WDAS?

It has to be animated by someone? And why would they leak all this at this stage??
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This is only a proposal developed by people outside the Disney studios who want to sell the project to Disney. The chances of Disney actually picking it up are extremely slim.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:This is only a proposal developed by people outside the Disney studios who want to sell the project to Disney. The chances of Disney actually picking it up are extremely slim.
Ah, Now I get it.

So yeah, not happening. :D
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Last edited by Avaitor on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

@Avaitor: Could you please remove the images? They are too big and are taking up the whole page. You can post the links to the images instead.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney needs to pick it up. This is the most "Disney"-ist movie in recent years. Plus, they will be reviving Roger Rabbit and finally have a Mickey Mouse they have been wanting.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Okay, before I jump for joy, is this for real or is it fake again?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

TsWade2 wrote:Okay, before I jump for joy, is this for real or is it fake again?
The answers are all in this thread.
Sotiris wrote:This is only a proposal developed by people outside the Disney studios who want to sell the project to Disney. The chances of Disney actually picking it up are extremely slim.

:wink:
Last edited by PatrickvD on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

God, those mock-up posters are so awful. Incredibly unprofessional.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:God, those mock-up posters are so awful. Incredibly unprofessional.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

enigmawing wrote:
SWillie! wrote:God, those mock-up posters are so awful. Incredibly unprofessional.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
I hadn't even commented on it. Probably because they're so unprofessional and bland.

I also think the Mickey/Roger pairing is just.... such a big pile of nothingness. Why would I want to see these characters together? I'm not interested at all.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

PatrickvD wrote:I hadn't even commented on it. Probably because they're so unprofessional and bland.

I also think the Mickey/Roger pairing is just.... such a big pile of nothingness. Why would I want to see these characters together? I'm not interested at all.
I was thinking that too; while I enjoy both characters I just can't imagine any chemistry between them.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

enigmawing wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:I hadn't even commented on it. Probably because they're so unprofessional and bland.

I was thinking that too; while I enjoy both characters I just can't imagine any chemistry between them.
The way I see it if there can be chemistry between Roger and Jessica then chemistry between Roger and Mickey is possible.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sky Syndrome wrote:
enigmawing wrote: I was thinking that too; while I enjoy both characters I just can't imagine any chemistry between them.
The way I see it if there can be chemistry between Roger and Jessica then chemistry between Roger and Mickey is possible.
I'm Praying that you don't mean Mickey and Roger should have the same chemistry as Jessica and Roger :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Not really crazy about Roger's desing in the second poster but thank goodness it's pre-production art! :lol:

Seriously though I hope they use Richard Williams' designs (which I'm sure they will).

Now my thoughts; part of me actually wants to see this happen but done by WDAS in traditional 2-D. Mickey's first film from the studio, Roger's comeback, it's a good idea. I'd also like to see if other characters from different studios can be thrown in to the mix (I mean, they should).
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

PatrickvD wrote:
TsWade2 wrote:Okay, before I jump for joy, is this for real or is it fake again?
The answers are all in this thread.
oh so this is just like that bizarre Princess Academy thingie.

Nothing new then.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Sky Syndrome wrote: The way I see it if there can be chemistry between Roger and Jessica then chemistry between Roger and Mickey is possible.
I'm Praying that you don't mean Mickey and Roger should have the same chemistry as Jessica and Roger :P
Haha, no. I was looking at it as them having a brother-type relationship. Have you watched the Nicktoon "The Angry Beavers"? It's about two male beavers who are siblings. The older one is wise and laid back and the younger one is wacky and hyperactive.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I'm guessing Mickey would play the same role as Dean Martin and Roger would have the Jerry Lewis part.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGyGOAFnQGE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGyGOAFnQGE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm having issues envisioning Mickey taking advantage of another character, even if he learns a lesson in the end. I mean, even in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, it's Bugs that plays the trick on Valiant, not Mickey. That's not a part of his personality.

I still don't see any chemistry (or whatever you want to call it :p) between the characters, and it seems rather odd to choose to remake that particular film. :scratch:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, Mickey doesn't seem like a Dean-O kind of character.

Maybe we'd need another rabbit in here instead, if you catch my drift. :wink: