What's a walt era fan to do?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

What's a walt era fan to do?

Post by skippy »

I feel increasingly left out as the "target" demographic for the Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, era disney...(althought I do enjoy most of those films), I'm more of classic Walt era fan.

Anyone have any ideas on how to or any experience trying to access to watch or own the People and Places series, Mickey Mouse Club episodes, or the like?

I don't necessarily enjoy "newer" Disney content, and those seem to be the items that are super difficult to find, and I like to watch the older programs while I work night shift.

Thank you for any ideas.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Re: What's a walt era fan to do?

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Sorry, but I have no idea. I haven't seen any of those myself.

But when Disney's new streaming service becomes available, perhaps they will make all those older programs available as well?
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

I think you can watch many of these on Youtube.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm hoping we see these on streaming service. I've found five people and places on youtube.
Sardinia
Siam
Disneyland USA
Men against the artic
Alaskan eskimo.

I'm gonna research if any of these movies ever aired on Walt Disney presents, Disneyland, wwod or wwoc. That may be a way to back door them as I have a pretty extensive collection of those on DVD r.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Found on DVD-r

Lapland
Samoa
Holland
Operation Deep Freeze (don't know if this is 7 seven cities of Antartica or men against the artic or something else)

Youtube

Siam
Sardinia
Disneyland USA (on youtube and Disney treasures DVD)
Alaskan Eskimo
Men Against the Artic

there's an episode called Tiburon, Sardinia, and Morocco from season 2 of "Disneyland" that I don't have,

Ones that I have no access to:
Switzerland
Blue Man of Morroco
Portugal
Wales
Scotland
Ama Girls
Seven Cities of Antartica
Cruise of the Eagles
Japan
The Danube
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Hello
Oh how wonderful that someone else is interesting in those old films too.
I also search for them, but for me they are almost impossible to find or just watch. Disneyland or some TV-show like that never went on air here. :cry:
Is there any possible way that you can upload to Youtube or in other ways share the ones you found on CD-R?

Lapland
Samoa
Holland
Operation Deep Freeze (don't know if this is 7 seven cities of Antartica or men against the artic or something else) if it is Men Against the Arctic I have this already.

Specially interested in Lapland (since I am living in Sweden/Scandinavia :)
and Samoa (since I have the soundtrack LP to that film and have listened to it many times and wonder what images goes to that music!)
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Hello all,

If anyone is a serious old era Walt Disney tv & video collector, pleae PM me and maybe we can arrange a trade? Been collecting for over 20+ years and have found that the amount of serious old era traders is almost gone on this board. I will send you my lists.

Regards
Chris
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Hi Chris,
Great to see a fellow collector! It says I am not authorized to send a pm? Do you have an email I can reach you at?
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Hello skippy

I sent a pm. Hope it gets to you?

Regards Chris
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

I did not receive. Can you email, [email protected]
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

So good to see there are those dedicated few who still keep the fires burning for the "lost vintage era" titles. Sadly, this is a part of the Disney catalog which I feel is going to be completely forgotten or unavailable due to years of mitigating factors. You will find various collectors of vintage/nostalgia tv/films on the net who have copies of these productions sourced from a multitude of places, but, sadly to find "Wonderful World of Color" , "Disneyland" or "People and Places" titles in their original presentation(format) is going to be a hard task. Many of the productions during the "Walt era" are fantastic and I have said many times, should have their just due. In regards to the "WWOC" productions of the 1960's, many of them are on a scale not unlike a major theatrical production and in some cases excel their theatrically released cousins in terms of story, production, etc. With the new streaming service, I am hoping that many classic vault titles will be made available!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Hey justcuttinhair,
Good to see you post!
What I've been doing through world library catalog is trying to track these down, then borrowing through intrrlibrary loans. Hopefully some more classic era interested folks will chime in!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Just picked up people and places 16mm at an antique store, I'll post pics later!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

I've had some recent success in my quest here.
Would love to meet some like minded individuals who have other ideas of where/how to find some of this stuff.

Would love to pick justcuttinhair brain?

Anyone with ideas of suggestions feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks!
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

Feel free to pick away! It’s nice to see other fans who appreciate this specific franchise in the Disney canon. I’ve been a staunch advocate for these underrated classics (specifically The Wonderful World of Color, Disneyland$. So anything you would like to know, ask away
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Thanks for responding.

Do you have any experience searching for and finding any of these super rare shows and movies? Have you ever seen the People and Places films or the weather related anthology series episodes? If you've ever traded do you keep in contact with any people you traded with and could point me towards? I'm a super nice and generous guy to deal with. (and humble to boot)

I've been studying and learning about, and when it seemed like Disney was no longer go to release anything, began seeking out traders and have traded with people all over the globe to get down to 7 or 8 anthology episodes and 4 People and Places episodes.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing in the forum, please feel free to email me, I promise I don't bite!

Thanks again!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

I'm hoping that if anyone has ideas or strategies they have used successfully that they could share them here or email me.

Thank you.
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

Sorry for my late reply! I have been swamped with work and home projects. To continue your search for these lost treasures, I would suggest sites like sell.com and ioffer.com. It has been several years ago, but, I was able to get several dvd=r copies of various titles from "Disneyland", "Wonderful World of Color", "People and Places", etc. Sadly, most of the sellers I dealt with have either retired or disappeared. I will warn you that finding "pristine", "unedited" versions of these shows is highly unlikely. Over the years, I have discovered that most of the available copies circulating , seem to have been culled from the same sources, which were/are primarily vhs recordings from The Disney Channel and various home video releases in the 1980's and 1990's. Without a proper restoration (presentation) many are unbearable to watch on today's hi-def displays. I am still holding out for hope that Disney+ will be the avenue by which Disney releases these forgotten gems....if not, I would start transferring any copies that you have to a digital file for posterity. I do have one contact that I will see if I can locate an email address and send it to you...however, as I said most of what he has to sale is what has been around for years.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I look forward to your email!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Just emailed the archives with some questions, hopefully I will get a response...

There seems to be some holy grails episodes of the show, some of which I have acquired, through pure luck...

Would be interested if anyone has any experience dealing with the archive..