Mickey Mouse (2013)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I can now confirm that the shorts are indeed animated at Mercury Filmworks in Ottawa.

Watching the short again, there were some things that bothered me. Like Daisy's design which looks off, the limited inbetweening, and some unsuccessful gags but it's still decent enough.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I would agree that Diasy's design doesn't seem quite as refined as Mickey or Minnie's. The limited inbetweening I can live with - I guess I'm just so used to that when it comes to "tradigital" animation.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Is there going to be an actual name for this series, or is it just going to be called "Mickey Mouse"?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

I say I can't wait to see the other shorts as well.I can't wait what other countries that Mickey will visit.Even though the short was in French I still could tell what was going on because of the simplicity.I really like the antics and obstacles that Mickey gets into as he tries to deliver the croissants to Minnie.It just seems like a retro version of their old cartoon shorts.In other words I loved it. :D
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Disney Duster wrote:The original still working link:
http://video.disney.com/watch/croissant ... 650d776d97
Oh, thank you.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Thanks a lot as the link can be accessed from anywhere in the world!
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Mickey Mouse Shorts officially announced by Disney: Prev

Post by Semaj »

So this is what Paul Rudish is up to...

My only disappointment in these shorts is that they won't be theatrical, which is where Mickey has the most potential to make a comeback. Disney's Oscar win with Paperman should give them more incentive to re-explore that option.

The one good thing is that it's adding to Disney's diversity in television animation. And they're apparently attracting a lot of former Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon artists.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: New Mickey Mouse Shorts Coming in 2013

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Mark your calenders: June 28th!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

I hope somewhere down the road, Roger Rabbit makes an appearance in one of the shorts.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Mark your calenders: June 28th!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

I hope somewhere down the road, Roger Rabbit makes an appearance in one of the shorts.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :mickana:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Looks promising !!!

These should be put in front of a major animation release in cinema's though, no ?! That way Mickey can finally make a big screen comeback.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I think these should stay on TV as intended. They're not bad, but they're not theatrical shorts.

Theatrical Mickey shorts should only come from WDAS, like the upcoming Get a Horse.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

PatrickvD wrote:I think these should stay on TV as intended. They're not bad, but they're not theatrical shorts.

Theatrical Mickey shorts should only come from WDAS, like the upcoming Get a Horse.
"Get a Horse" is being released to theaters? When? And with what movie?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:I think these should stay on TV as intended. They're not bad, but they're not theatrical shorts.

"Get a Horse" is being released to theaters? When? And with what movie?
Appropriately with Saving Mr Banks this December

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/wit ... ney-oscars
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

From the link posted above:

""Mickey Mouse in 'Get a Horse!'" premieres at the Annecy Film Festival on June 11. It will be play in front of Disney's feature-length film "Frozen," which opens November 27."

I guess some forum members here were right on the money! You each get a cookie. ^_^
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I hear for get a horse they're using Walt's voice, is that true? That's crazy if so. He's hard to get these days. :lol:
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

DId you guys see that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

Not the clip, I mean the likes. 65 likes and 0 dislikes. Awesome! I'm begging to feel that there's going to be a campaign to let Disney Channel do more cartoons than doing stupid unimportant tween sitcoms. It's about time. :)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

TsWade2 wrote:DId you guys see that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

Not the clip, I mean the likes. 65 likes and 0 dislikes. Awesome! I'm begging to feel that there's going to be a campaign to let Disney Channel do more cartoons than doing stupid unimportant tween sitcoms. It's about time. :)
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will become popular with anyone except established Disney fans. According to a review of a "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" DVD, "Mickey Mouse Works" and "House of Mouse" became more popular with established fans than with the general public. That was a reason why "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" continues for what has now become seven years, while "Mouse Works" and "House" has ended their respective runs of about two or three years each.

So I'm really not sure how long this new "Mickey Mouse" show will last in comparison to any of the others. I hope it lasts for a while.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
TsWade2 wrote:DId you guys see that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will become popular with anyone except established Disney fans. According to a review of a "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" DVD, "Mickey Mouse Works" and "House of Mouse" became more popular with established fans than with the general public. That was a reason why "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" continues for what has now become seven years, while "Mouse Works" and "House" has ended their respective runs of about two or three years each.

So I'm really not sure how long this new "Mickey Mouse" show will last in comparison to any of the others. I hope it lasts for a while.
Oh come on!
Last edited by TsWade2 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.